New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“So charming and unique.. can't wait to go back!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Surgeon's House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jerome
Surgeon's House
Ranked #2 of 4 Jerome B&B and Inns
Half Moon Bay, California
“So charming and unique.. can't wait to go back!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2011

It's been almost 2 years since I visited Jerome and stayed at the Surgeon's House B&B with my then fiancé. We STILL talk about this place! The town itself is magical, and Andrea's home is a dream. We were fascinated by how unique it was, and the breakfasts were like something you've never seen before! I bought her cookbook and there are several breakfast casseroles from it that have become staples in our house. Anyway, I don't do much reviewing, but I've been meaning to give this place a mention because it's one of a kind! Did I mention the view? That's amazing too! - Michelle & Andrew Bell

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this review, 5 October 2011
I think that's the first time someone waited two years to write a review, but thank you. It's very gracious of you to not only remember your stay so fondly, but to write such nice words about the Surgeon's House. I hope that you and your husband will return soon. Starting on November 20th we are offering a holiday special! Check the website for details.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Chandler, AZ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2011

The Surgeon House B & B in Jerome is a magical place with breathtaking views, lush flower gardens, koi ponds and lots of outdoor seating to curl up on lounge and read a book or just "be" and this is all before you step inside this beautiful home. Andrea who owns the home and runs the B & B; shares a little piece of herself with guests who have free rein in the house except the kitchen where she is usually busy whipping up scrumptious breakfast items and midnight snacks. And the breakfast; only one of the most delicious I've ever had with freshly baked scones, variety of egg dishes, poached salmon, blanched asparagus plus more and never the same items in a row so lots of variety to keep your taste buds in check. The rooms are spacious, comfortable and decorated to feel like home. I highly recommend a trip to Jerome if you want to unwind, relax and decompress.

Room Tip: I personally love the new addition to Maid's Suite back ... lovely!
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this review, 30 August 2011
I'm so glad you had a great time. It does my heart good. And thanks for recommending the Maid's Suite Back. We just finished the addition (doubling its size) this last spring. It allowed us to open up views of the gardens, install a new bath and shower, and create a wonderful outdoor patio. It's becoming a favorite of my guests. I look forward to your repeat visit.
Pine/Strawberry, AZ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2011

Andrea, the owner of this incredible place, is the most gracious hostess. She makes you feel like you're part of her family. And what a marvelous cook! We will most definately go back to this Bed & Breakfast in the future.

Room Tip: Every room is gorgeous!
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this review, 22 August 2011
I am blessed in many ways, and one of them is the quality of guests that my home attracts. It was delightful hosting you and your husband - such fun people. Hanging out with folks like you all makes me feel as if we're having a family reunion! Please come back very soon!
Newport, Rhode Island
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2011

Jerome, AZ is such an unusual place - well worth seeing. Andrea, the owner and innkeeper is lovely. We stayed in the Chauffer's Quarters with our own private balcony, a great king-size bed and awoke to a beautiful sunrise.
Andrea is very welcoming and makes a wonderful breakfast.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this review, 12 August 2011
Thank you for taking you time to post these nice comments. I am happy to know that I was able to provide you with a pleasant stay in our quirky town. Please come back soon.
Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2011

My partner made a reservation at the Surgeon's House B & B for my birthday. I know from experience that all B & B's are not created equal and you can't tell from the price. In this case, owner and host Andrea excels at providing guests with real value for the cost of their stay. Andrea meticulously restored this historic home, once belonging to the town's surgeon (hence the name) from an abandoned and neglected building into a lovely, bright, clean and restful oasis. Where there was only dirt and debris outside, she created a magical landscape including koi ponds, a playful fountain, and lush garden areas with black bamboo, bougainvillea, iris, edibles and many other lovely flowers and plants. A beautiful mural in the side yard is just one example of how Andrea has collaborated with others and enlisted assistance from local craftspeople and artists to lovingly transform the place over the nearly two decades she has owned it. The other guests with whom we spoke had all been very pleased with the clean, bright and attractive rooms, as we were with ours. Aside from the appealing lodging, Andrea personally prepares the most amazing breakfasts, which are including with the cost of lodging. The two breakfasts we enjoyed were culinary delights. Her fare is so loved by her guests that, in response to multiple requests, Andrea published her own cookbook, available for a nominal fee on CD, in which her gastronomic secrets are revealed. We enjoyed the food, the atmosphere and the company. It's easily a place in which one could lounge around all weekend if it weren't for the appeal of walking around Jerome. We heard upon our return that Andrea has put the Surgeon's House up for sale, so go visit while you can -- even if the next owners continue it as a B & B, it's hard to imagine anyone filling Andrea's magic red shoes!

Room Tip: All the rooms are lovely from what we have heard, so you can't get a
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SpiritJourney
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this review, 30 July 2011
Wow! Thank you for the glowing and DETAILED review. It warms my heart to know that my home provided you with such a pleasant experience on your birthday. I hope we see you on your next one. Andrea
Chandler, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2011

I had the enormous pleasure of spending a couple days at The Surgeons House in Jerome, Arizona. It was a magical experience. This beautiful home built in the early 1920's retains its early twentieth century glamor and elegance. The grounds surrounding this wonderful bed and breakfast are thick with green, luscious plants and heavy with a profusion of blooming flowers that make you feel you have stepped in to 'fairy land'.

The proprietor, Andrea Prince, makes you feel so at home that from the moment you step inside you feel you have found 'your special place' to relax and unwind from the stress and pressures of our daily existence.

I stayed in the Back Maid's Room which has its own bath (as all the rooms do) and private balcony and you are treated to large windows bringing that gorgeous garden right in to your room for your own private pleasure.

As as if this isn't enough, you are treated to Andrea's five star, sumptuous, mouth watering breakfast which is a memorable experience all on its own! All I can say is, I know I will be back and as often as I am able. Wonderful, wonderful experience. Please treat yourself and book a room at The Surgeons House for an experience you too will treasure!

Room Tip: You can't miss - each of the four rooms are fabulous; three with gorgeous views of Valle
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this review, 26 July 2011
Dear Michele,
I would like to thank you for posting such a glowing review of your stay. I feel blessed to be able to share my home and beautiful grounds with you. I believe that I am just the caretaker of a sacred space - a space that belongs to all those seeking beauty and peace in their lives. Please come again. You are always welcome.
Andrea
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2011

We stayed at the Surgeon's House and it was great. This was one of the best places I have ever stayed. Andrea the owner is a great person with a beautiful heart . I felt like I was a friend not just someone staying at a B and B. I loved the breakfast that Andrea made for us. Andrea's home is filled with pictures and plants making it very feel friendly and inviting. The gardens are the best part with Andrea's home. I LOVED the KOI POUND, I could spend hours sitting next to the pound and in Andrea's gardens. Andrea puts beautiful music on that plays all in the gardens. Andrea does the little things that make the stay great and beautiful. Thank you Andrea for a great stay and now I have a new friend and will be back soon.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this review, 25 July 2011
Julie, I am gratified at your gracious remarks and am pleased that my home provided you with such a pleasant stay. It is always reassuring to hear that my efforts have produced their desired results. It is my intention that my guests feel at home, know the beauty of the gardens, and, in general, are imbued with the magic of the setting. It warms my heart to hear that you were able to experience the enchantment. And, of course, above all, it is always a delight to make a new friend. I look forward to your next visit. Yours, Andrea
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jerome
10.4 km away
0.1 km away
Ghost City Inn
Ghost City Inn
#1 of 4 in Jerome

Been to Surgeon's House? Share your experiences!