“Great Music! Great Food”
Review of The Orbit

The Orbit
Ranked #1 of 13 Restaurants in Braamfontein
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: To creating a platform for free creative expression that will allow musicians and their audience to share unique and unifying experiences. To supplying musicians with the most suitable setting and staging so as to perform in the most comfortable and inspiring space in Johannesburg. To creating a respectful, socially balanced, community focused environment for our audiences, our supporting members, our staff and partners. To contributing to the development of the performing arts in our city.
Reviewed October 7, 2018

I have been wanting to go to the Orbit in Braamfontein, Johannesburg for a long time and we finally did it. It was worth it. The jazz, South African style was just fantastic, with a local as well as overseas visitors enjoying the the two sets of musicians.
I had a tasty steak with artichokes and mushrooms.
I do recommend an evening of South Africa Jazz if you are in Johannesburg.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed September 6, 2018

We had an amazing experience! Fantastic concert, great food and an incredible atmosphere! This place is just diagonal to the Once in Joburg hotel, so easy to get back to if you are on foot.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed July 24, 2018 via mobile

Oh my word, this place is gold. Especially for a jazz lover like myself. From the entrance where we really felt welcomed. The music was beautiful, food on point. Please do visit it.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

The Orbit is a reliable venue where you can hear good local and international jazz and enjoy a good meal with reasonably priced drinks.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed July 7, 2018 via mobile

The Orbit is quite a unique restaurant in the heart of braamfontein. The set up is quite lovely and has a warm vibe. I thought the mains were absolutely delicious. My lamb chops were perfectly done and tasted amazing. I just wish the side portions were a bit more. The service all in all was good.

I had the creme brûlée for dessert. I really didn’t enjoy it and I would love it if they could improve a bit on that.

In conclusion, I would comeback there to try more things on their menu :)

Date of visit: June 2018