Appleby's Guest House(East London)(Great Value!)
US$74
Arum Guest House(East London)
US$57
US$72
US$57
  • Pool
Amber Bed and Breakfast(East London)(Great Value!)
US$52
Bramlyn B&B(East London)(Great Value!)
US$46
TripAdvisor
AQE Accommodation(East London)
  • Beachfront
TripAdvisor
All reviewsrestaurant staffenjoyed my stayrooms are spacioussea viewbusiness triphome away from homereceptionelsuitegymcleanlinessironpassagesecuritypleasuresupperconference
Reviewed March 16, 2018 via mobile

The reception staff were AMAZING. They were welcoming and even upgraded my friend and I to a suite because we had just been in a no fault accident before checking in.

Because of the accident we were in shock and too tired to leave our room for food. So we ordered room service.

It took an hour for sticky ribs and chip and chicken strips and chips to come to our room. They were room temp at best and covered in cling film which made the chips soggy and gross. Also the ribs were not sticky as described on the menu and were in one piece rather than “ribletts “. The reason this mattered is that we were going to share each meal.

I sent it back, asked them to remake it fresh because microwaved was not going to be good enough.

When it came back, it was once again cold. The so called sticky sauce on the now cut up ribs, was cold. The chips were tepid and the whole lot was disappointing. I was starving by this stage and desperately needed to eat something.

I cannot believe that such an upmarket hotel hasn’t the capability to serve hot food for room service. It’s such a shame because the rest of the experience was 5 star worth.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Pontoef
Christa P, Public Relations Manager at Premier Hotel EL ICC, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2018

Dear @Pontoef. We are so sorry to hear about your accident and hope that you have both fully recovered. We apologise profusely for the delay in room service delivery. Thank you for bringing this to our attention - we are escalating this to the GM who will take corrective action.

Reviewed March 14, 2018

I came around 7pm to check in from Pretoria, immediately I started to work as I had lot of work

I had to order room service because I just didnt have time to go eat downstairs, the room service lady just tried to persuade me to go down I refused and explained to her I cant as I got lot of work to do till 1am the following day. She started threatening me that I will have to pay for the food directly and separately from my own pocket immidiately on delivery of the food to my room I asked her why because I am booked here she said dats how it is done ...Was very shocked still then she proceeded with threats that she will charge me room service fee of R35 I asked why she said dats how it is done then I cancelled her order ....she won as it was her intention not to take my order.

WIFI not working, I called the reception they said they will send an IT person who came and just tole me as he entered my room that ohhh its laptop then it normally done work ...and he said he cant do anything then he never even tried and he left me like dat

I just left working ...then pissed off and slept ...in the morning I requested iron and ironing board they said they dont give I must go around the hotel look for the ironing station ....she tried to give directions but she was terribly bad with directions I had to climbe different elevators 4 times different floors in order to arrive at that ironing station already wasted around 17 minutes up and down getting lost asking others etc

Then when back to bath the bathroom was dusty very terrible water was coming out of the shower the was no towel I had to walk on water from the shower

Then went to breakfast ...TOTAL DISASTER ! THE POOR PLANNING THERE ...the restaurant was packed full to more than capacity !!! we were queing coz there were no tables to seat n eat ....easy for them plz stand there there are no tables !!!! I felt so bad and just went in grab something fruits ate while standing then I left as I was already late to my meetings as I wasted almost 30 minutes looking for ironing station

Overall the hotel I will give it 0 out of 10 ...I didnt get any value for money by staying there

Room Tip: just terrible hotel and poor service
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Dear Sakhile M. We are deeply sorry for your unpleasant experience and can assure you that this is not indicative of our standards and service delivery. In order to address the issues mentioned, please would you direct message the GM of the property Charles McCarthy on charles.m@premierhotels.co.za. We appreciate your feedback and hope that we have the opportunity to change your perception of Premier Hotel & Resorts.

Reviewed February 26, 2018

The place was amazingly beautiful and the room was very spacious. Our experience was truly a home away home as we enjoyed our stay very much. The service we received over exceeded our expectations and the staff was very friendly.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Thembisa - we are delighted to hear about your stay and hope to welcome you back soon. #staypremier . We have 18 hotels countrywide and sure to have presence whereever you may be traveling.

Reviewed February 7, 2018

We had a great stay at your Hotel.The beds are so comfy! We especially want to complement the chef at the Restaurant who was always so friendly and welcoming. The breakfast was great! The room was truly magnificent

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for the great feedback Estelle. We will pass your compliments on to the chef and hope to welcome you back soon for another great stay.

Reviewed February 4, 2018

I m very disappointed with the way this hotel is starting to manipulate prices to suit ANC events. When you got ANC events you raised prices too high and beyond the normal December peak season and not considering the general public figures who always use the hotel through the course of the year. Its either you close the hotel during the ANC event rather than charging high prices because last weekend was not a peak weekend but your prices were too high. I do not come to sleep in the hotel for ANC event so i do not understand why we should be billed similar tariffs like ANC delegates. I was very dissatisfied with the whole. there was no value for money. Loud music was playing outside early morning

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo