“Two hour ride”

and up
Two Hour Forest and Farm Trail
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Experience the Tsitsikamma and diverse activities on horseback. Magnificent views over mountains, forest and ocean while riding among wildlife, through grassy fields, indigenous fynbos, local vineyards and old woodcutters trails to attractions in the area. Our horses are chosen for their gentle temperaments, the are well trained and cared for and suitable for all level of riders. Experienced guides will take you on a 1 hr Meadow Trail, 2 hr Forest Trail, half or full day Cruise the Crags Trail to Animal Sanctuaries and Eco Adventures in the area or a full day Crags Winelands Trail visiting award winning local Wine Estates. Booking is essential.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Reviewed April 4, 2018

Very friendly and competent staff made for a very enjoyable ride, providing equally for the experienced and inexperienced rider.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
DebbieFermor, Owner at Hog Hollow Horse Trails, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review our trails! So happy to hear you enjoyed your ride with us. Our guides to strive towards giving each and every rider a fun yet safe ride and I shall let them know you appreciate their efforts!

All the best and we hope to welcome you back again one day!
Kind Regards

"email communication"
"kurland hotel"
"picnic lunch"

Reviewed March 31, 2018 via mobile

We did the 1 hour trail. We were complete beginners but the staff were so friendly and helpful they put us completely at ease. Thanks to William and Paul! The trail was beautiful. The horses were beautiful and well looked after. An amazing way to spend an hour. I would highly recommend it!

DebbieFermor, Owner at Hog Hollow Horse Trails, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2018

Thank you for your great review and positive feedback. Paul and William are thrilled that you enjoyed your ride with them and felt safe and comfortable. We hope you shall enjoy many more great moments on horseback now that you have had such a great start and hope to welcome you back again soon!!

Reviewed March 29, 2018

I took my two small daughters (4 and 5 years) riding. They had a member of staff each (William and Collins) but I was allowed to ride alone as I had enough experience. The equipment was beautfully clean and in very good conditions, even chaps were included. The countryside was beautiful, hilly parts, forests as well as fields so lots of variety. I especially liked that they could accommodate me wanting to canter parts with Collins while William walked with my girls. My eldest daughter was also allowed to try trotting in the practice pen. We finished off with buying carrots for “our” horses and playing with the kitten and many friendly dogs.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
DebbieFermor, Owner at Hog Hollow Horse Trails, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2018

Thank you for your positive review of our trails, horses and staff!! So glad you enjoyed your ride with us - such a special thing to share with your little girls. William and Collings are thrilled that you enjoyed your ride with them. Thank you for taking the time to do a review for us. We hope to welcome you back again one day and that you shall continue sharing horse riding with your girls for many years to come!!

Reviewed March 24, 2018

We have just returned from a visit to San during which we stayed at Hog Hollow in Plettenberg. They had brochures for the horse trails and decided to give it a go despite never having been on a horse before. The staff at the stables were great at making us at ease. I had a three year old which wanted to eat all the time therefore was happy to go at a sedate pace and my wife had a more sprightly mare. There were four of us and the guide was always keeping an eye on us and making sure we were OK. Great trip. Word of warning if you have never been on a horse before do a one hour trip- we did two and had tender rear ends the next day!! Great trip excellent guide well worth a visit, thank you again

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
DebbieFermor, Owner at Hog Hollow Horse Trails, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2018

Hello John
Thank you for your great review of our trails. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us - albeit with tender rear ends the next day :) So rewarding for our staff to receive affirmation that they are doing a good job looking after all level of riders and providing a safe yet fun riding environment. All the best and hope to welcome you back again one day!!

Kind Regards