“Absolutely Delightful”

Ranked #28 of 81 Plettenberg Bay B&B and Inns
Bedfordshire
“Absolutely Delightful”
Reviewed 21 April 2012

We said we would retun, and we did.
Bella Manga was even more delightful than we remembered. We stayed 3 nights in one of the newly converted self catering garden suites. We were more than comfortable. The rooms are very tastefully decorated and have everything you could need. Ray & Fiona were fabulous hosts as always.
Some reviewers keep on about the distance out of Plettenburg Bay. Why? The website clearly states that it is 15 minutes drive from Plettenberg Bay.! For us, coming away from the main town just enhances the peace and tranquility you find in the beautiful surroundings at Bella Manga.
All we can say is if you like what you see on the website - this time the camera does not lie - you will not be disappointed!
To Ray & Fiona - Keep up the good work !!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Hebrew first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 April 2012

We stayed as a group of 6 (3 couples) at Bella Manga whilst travelling the Garden Route.
It was so lovely and the owners couldn't have been more helpful. They recommended a place to eat and when we went to go out that night they had kindly called ahead and reserved a table for us, which was very much needed as the restaurant was packed!
The next morning the breakfast was really nice and again they were more then happy to recommend somewhere for us to horse ride, even calling up for us.
The accomodation was very nice, we stayed in the rondavels and they were really cute. Apparantly there were quite a few other people staying on site but we never saw anyone and it felt so quiet and private.
There are a couple of dogs and cats living on site that are very friendly and we all enjoyed playing with them.
I would thoroughly recommend stopping here for anyone and wish we could have spent another night or 2 there!

Room Tip: The rondavels are lovely!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 March 2012

I can not believe anyone could be negative about Bella Manga, Fiona and Ray were great hosts, friendly, knowledgeable and helpful without being intrusive. The accommodation is first class, set in beautiful surroundings,and so very peaceful. I can see that it may be a little out of town for some but it is only15-20 minutes drive, I live in Bath and it takes me at least as long to get into the city centre, and I have yet to see monkeys or buck on route as I did whilst driving into Plett from Bella Manga.
I am quite well travelled and have seen most of the world having visited SA seven times, (it is my favourite holiday destination), travelling up the garden route three times. The 3 day stay at Bella Manga ranks alhead of any of the other places in which I have stayed which includes some 5 star accommodation such as the Pezula golf estate in Knysna, and it was certainly the best value.
Bella Manga is ideally placed for visits to what I can consider to be the best part of the garden route Wilderness - Jeffreys Bay inclusive.
I would go back tomorrow!
Colin A, Bath England.

Room Tip: Ray showed us all the different types of rooms, all were of excellent quality.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Manchester
Reviewed 23 March 2012

Stayed mid March 2012 at the Bella Manga and were met immediately on arrival by Fiona who was very helpful and friendly. The rooms were of excellent quality and very clean, pool area and grounds were very well kept and the breakfast tasty and delicious.

Both Ray and Fiona made us feel very welcome during our stay and would recommend the Bella Manga to anyone who is travelling in the area and wants to experience something a little different.

Room Tip: The Rondavel's were excellent
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 18 March 2012

I was prompted to write my first review after reading the negative feedback but also based on my stay which couldn't have been more pleasant. First, Plett is really not out of the way, it's unbelievable this would be made an issue. I found the location to be an advantage, you have easy access to town but you can retreat to complete peace and quiet on the most beautiful property. There is also a game reserve around the corner from Bella Manga worth visiting. And you are not far from attractions such as Birds of Heaven or the Elephant Sanctuary. My rondavel was cozy, clean and excellent value as I was traveling solo. Breakfast hit the spot. Fiona, thanks for making sure I was well fed.
Most importantly, when my car battery died the morning I was supposed to do a bungee jump at Bloukrans (and had a skydive scheduled that afternoon), Ray saved the day by having his good friend Richard, who was visiting from the UK, take me in his car. Not only did I do my jump but Richard and I had a delicious lunch at Enrico's, which I was unable to find the night before. He was great company. When we got back, my replacement vehicle was waiting for me and I was off to Plett airport for my even higher jump, thanks to Ray who had signed the paperwork on my behalf and transferred my belongings. Had I waited I would not have been able to do both jumps as I had to return to Cape Town that evening for my return flight the following day. Who else would have come through like that for their guest? Thanks to Ray I've got the certificates from Face Adrenalin and Skydive Plettenberg Bay.
Stayed from March 10th to 12th, 2012

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 March 2012

we came upon Bella manga quite by chance and had a most delightful and relaxing 2 days. hosts Ray & Fiona could not have been more helpful.very comfortable accommodation. A superb breakfast in a lovely setting. good pool and tranquil surroundings make this a
very pleasurable place to visit.and will visit again on our travels

Room Tip: round house
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Port Charlotte
Reviewed 16 March 2012

My wife Marie, & I have traveled the world on many occasions, staying from
five star hotels, to humble abodes in very remote locations, but have still
to find a place like Bella Manga, this is our 4th. visit, and it gets better
every time, one of our top criteria is feeling safe, and Bella Manga has it
in spades, as soon as we arrive we feel so relaxed, and worry free. the
accommodation is lovely & quiet, with very comfortable large beds

We love to explore their hundred acres never tiring of looking for beautiful
birds, and coming across Ray & Fiona's South African cattle, lovely horses,
their friendly dogs & cats, not forgetting their large aviary, and as a
bonus we pit our wits against the resident wide mouth bass, then a swim in
their full size swimming pool, last week we swam in 27 degrees., followed by a nightcap in
their very cosy bar.

Plettenberg is approx. 15/20 mins. away with there numerous first class
restaurants, our favourite is Enrico's Italian restaurant right on the beach
where we have seen large pods of dolphin's, and it has the most amazing sunsets

Can't wait until our next visit, and with a little bit of luck it will be
next year

Room Tip: They are all good, depends on your budget
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple