See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed July 18, 2017

We booked a conference venue through Dolphin Dance and was such a pleasure to deal with all the staff. The reservation was so well managed. The meals at the conference were outstanding and just the special service we got must be mentioned.

As we also did a charity project in Motherwell, I was travelling with a large group of volunteers. We were accommodated in the self catering duplex on the other side of the highway. Was a bit disappointed that it was not at the sea - but in the end we were so busy with the project we only say the sea views coming home every night.

The duplex offered more than ample accommodation for our group - although we needed some extra chairs at dinner as the dinner table only seats 6. We were very happy with the nice braai area outside and also the very convenient location of the supermarket.

The great upside is that the Addo Elephant Park is not too far away - so we even managed to get a visit in.

Thanx to all for making us feel so welcome!

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed July 10, 2017

Dolphin Dance Lodge has 4 locations, which is clearly set out on their website, and when I phoned to book I received all the information on all the locations before hand so I knew exactly what I was getting and where I was staying. The staff is so helpful and ready to answer any questions and help where they can.

The room was beautiful and clean and the staff was professional and friendly. The breakfast was great and dinner was great. I had a fantastic stay and will definitely recommend to anyone and will be back soon!

Room tip: Speak to them about their different locations, each one is unique in it's own way.
Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed April 16, 2017 via mobile

I was not impressed at all by Dolphin Dance self catering. First of all the advertising is misleading - 1km from the beach... I'm not so sure about that. It's probably a 5 minute drive and is definitely not in walking distance. As for "garden" it is really a small patch of grass, and for a "sea view" it needs quite a stretch to sea just the edge of the sea (only if you're in one of the 4 units which is on the closer side to the sea). It does not feel like a very safe area, although there is an alarm (albeit with no instructions); and the area can be noisy at times. There are very limited DSTV channels, if you're prepared to watch on a 30x30cm early 2000s style tv screen. There is no dishwasher or washing machine, and the kitchen appliances are a bit dated. The fridge is tiny and struggles to fit enough food for 8 people. The couches are VERY uncomfortable, only one tea towel was provided with no cloths or mops/brooms/etc. The location is quite far- 15/20 minutes from PE town and shopping centers.
I will definitely not be back, and I will not recommend this place to anyone.

Date of stay: April 2017
1  Thank etreviewseverything
Reviewed April 7, 2017

We had a WONDERFULL stay at Dolphin Dance Lodge. The room was beautiful and the food was excellent! The staff went out of their way to make us feel welcome and really went the extra mile to accommodate us. It felt like a home away from home and we will definitely be staying at Dolphin Dance again.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed December 26, 2016

When we booked the stay we were under the impression that it was a 4 star and beach view. We arrived at the address and got our keys and told that we are staying in the guest house, this turned out to be 3 star and a lovely view of an unfinished building so was very disappointed in that regard. I expect to at least be notified if we're staying somewhere other than where we booked. However, the room was quite nice, the bed a bit bouncy but still nice. Love that there is an aircon in the rooms. Not happy about the fact that there is no door on the bathroom and the toilet is directly in front of the bed which obviously makes it awkward when your spouse is right there. Not enough parking inside either, was very difficult to park properly. Laundry service was offered but with no instructions how to go about it which was a bit useless in the end. The inside pool is a great idea but was very cold, I would suggest maybe heating it a bit?

The breakfast and the ladies there were great though, they always smiled and knew exactly how we like our eggs in the morning, it was great to have them there. They made our stay amazing and enjoyable.

Date of stay: December 2016