“Home away from home”
Review of Lemon Tree Lane

Lemon Tree Lane
Ranked #10 of 230 Port Elizabeth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 November 2011

I travel frequently on business and have never stayed in a B&B as wonderful as Lemon Tree Lane. As a Business Coach, my role includes working with businesses on their client sensory experiences so I tend to notice the little things when I do stay in the various establishments. Lemon Tree Lane checked ALL the boxes! I could not fault one single aspect of my stay or my overall experience - in fact not only did they rate perfect in my books, they set the benchmark going forward.
From the beautifully quaint rooms, the immaculatly manicured gardens, the thoughtful provisions in each room, the close proximity to all convenience destinations in PE, and especially the warmest hosts one could hope to meet - Dee and Ray.
They say that a person will share a good experience with at least seven people. To leave it at that would be a disservice to this establishment. I want to share my perfect experience with as many travellers as possible... not only because Dee and Ray deserve the referrals, but because visitors to Port Elizabeth deserve to know where home away from home is.

Room Tip: The Executive Suite overlooks the swimming pool (as do a number of the rooms), and caters for the bu...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Mandy M
There are newer reviews for Lemon Tree Lane

Reviewed 1 November 2011

Having stayed at Lemon Tree Lane (what a find!) I can fully see why it gets such good reviews. It was a complete oasis of peace and comfort after a flight from Cape Town, and I had the best night's sleep between the beautifully clean and soft cotton sheets I've had in ages. Also the best stocked and most reasonable mini bar I'd seen in SA. Ray and Dee are exceptional hosts and consummate professionals-they have customer service nailed. I was really sorry to have to leave this gorgeous place and wished I'd booked for longer. The gardens are fragrant and lush and lend a feeling of seclusion and tranquillity to the surprisingly large accommodation. The complimentary tea, coffee and milk was much appreciated as we'd had to pay for this in our previous guest house. I loved the hotel-quality fridge (very quiet) and the huge bathroom. We arrived later than planned and Ray couldn't do enough for us, even offering to make us something to eat as we were exhausted after an early start. By the time we left Lemon Tree Lane, we were relaxed and rejuvenated. What a gem of a place. Bravo, Ray and Dee.

Room Tip: The Executive Suite is extremely spacious and next door to reception
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KatieDuncs
Reviewed 1 November 2011

I arrived after a long tiring day and was greeted warmly by Ray at the door and from that moment onwards I knew that I had made a great decision to stay at Lemon Tree Lane. Ray and Dee are perfect hosts and their guest house is comfortable, homely and it has a peaceful atmosphere that makes you feel immediately at peace. Nothing is too much trouble for Ray and Dee who clearly take great pride in delivering a five star service, the room we had was palatial and the bathroom huge and spotlessly clean. I loved the massive thick bath sheets provided, this is indicative of the care and attention to detail at the Lemon Tree Lane.
The honesty / mini bar in the room was generously stocked and Ray was quick to make restaurant suggestions for the evening. The breakfast was extensive and delicious. If you are thinking of staying here then I'd thoroughly recommend that you do so because you will leave relaxed and will fondly remember the sweet scented gardens, comfortable surroundings and be totally charmed by Ray and Dee. It is no surprise to discover that they have won many awards for their service, it is without equal. Thank you Ray and Dee.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Chinbin
Reviewed 17 September 2011

In May 2011, our party of four stayed at this delightful B and B. We allotted too little time to enjoy Port Elizabeth - don't make this mistake. The rooms were spacious, comfortable and nicely appointed. Our hosts were the best. Lemon Tree Lane is in a great location, a convenient walk to some wonderful restaurants - recommendations from our host.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Stan G
Reviewed 24 July 2011

Wow, what can I say - we were so impressed with our night at Lemon Tree Lane. My son was playing hockey this weekend at Grey College PE so I looked for a guest house close by. The hospitality of Dee was amazing and the rooms were large and spacious. I felt completely safe and I loved the small touches like heated towel rails and when we arrived in the rain, Dee was there to meet us with umbrellas. We will definately be staying at Lemon Tree again when we visit PE. The location of the guesthouse to Grey College PE was fantastic. I can highly recommend this 5 star guest house.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Gavin021
Reviewed 26 May 2011

Ray and his wife are absolutely wonderful hosts. They arranged our safari and assisted us without hesitation in shopping, dining and site seeing. The rooms, breakfasts, services and personal assistance they provide is fantastic.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank vikings00
Reviewed 9 May 2011

Stayed here at the end of our trip to South Africa and wished we could have stayed longer. The room was the best we had encountered over our two weeks stay and was the epitomy of luxury and elegance whilst offering great value for money. The owner was very hospitable and gave great advice on eating out. Highly recommended if you are in PE.

Room Tip: Honeymoon Suite is just awesome!
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple