“Value for money”

Premiere Classe Suites
Ranked #29 of 67 Hotels in Johannesburg
Reviewed 6 November 2016 via mobile

We stumbled across this venue per chance whilst frantically searching for last minute accommodation. We booked a one bedroom apartment but on arrival I was pleasantly surprised when we were upgraded to a very spacious two bedroom, two bathroom suite. The only downside is that we were placed on the third floor .... this establishment has no lifts so it is a slight inconvenience if you have loads of luggage to trudge up and down. The suite has modern contemporary furniture , it is airy and extremely clean. The crisp linen and firm mattress ensured a pleasant night's rest for my weary bones. The ambience is very pleasant, relaxed and peaceful. Although the establishment was fully booked , you barely hear the other guests. The location is ideally situated close to upmarket malls and eateries. We were so chuffed with this unexpected gem that we booked an extra night. The staff are professional , friendly and very helpful. I will most definitely be booking here again.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Premeire_Classe, General Manager at Premiere Classe Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2016

Thank you Nasreen for your review . I appreciate you sharing you experience on Trip Advisor. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay at Premiere Classe and were pleasantly surprised. I am happy to ask staff to carry your bags to the 2nd floor if our guests fell they
will not be able to manage.
I will certainly ensure you get a suite on the ground floor when you return to Johannesburg and stay with Premiere Classe.
I look forward to welcoming you back.
Regards
Belinda

Reviewed 26 October 2016 via mobile

The staff were really accommodating about allowing us an early check in as we flew up from Cape Town to attend a 1.30pm Greek wedding. But, our room was tatty, the wardrobe was dirty (sand on the shelf), the kitchen cupboards had not been cleared, the other bedroom had a broken bedside table. It was a huge disappointment and certainly won't recommend this place.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Premeire_Classe, General Manager at Premiere Classe Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2016

Dear Jenni, I appreciate you taking time to write a review.'
I apologise for the room not being up to standard. I would really have appreciated it to be given the opportunity to rectify the problem and or move you to another suite.
It could have been resolved at the time and you would have been satisfied.

Reviewed 17 October 2016

I think that the rooms are good value for money. The Reception could be more welcoming and there could be some flexibility about ordering breakfast. I arrived after 7.30 and it seems as though that is the deadline for ordering.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Premeire_Classe, General Manager at Premiere Classe Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2016

Thank you for your review. I have spoken to the night staff and your request should have been passed on. Thank you for bringing that to our attention.
We are currently looking at a revamp in the reception area, so if you return I am sure
you will see the change.
We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 30 September 2016

The apartments are quite small. The staff is friendly but unprofessional. The apartments has most of what you need, however everything is quite old. None of our complaints were handled. Stay there if you're looking for budget accommodation.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Premeire_Classe, General Manager at Premiere Classe Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2016

Thank your your review. I would like to be able to address the experience you had with the staff. Please would you email the hotel and i will address it immediately and respond personally. As this was never brought to my attention whilst you were staying here, I was unable to address it at the time of your stay.

Reviewed 18 September 2016

The hotel is 35 minutes from the airport. The airport shuttle is not complementary - when I searched for properties I sorted by airport shuttle. The shuttle consists of an employee who uses one of two cars - a big one and a small one. The price depends on the car size and the employee is paid directly - couldn't figure out why this was the case. The larger car was over $100 and we weren't informed of this until the day before even though we'd been booked for months and exchanged multiple emails about the pick up time and cell phone number of the driver. The experience was a little confusing. But he met us at our very late arriving flight and we were grateful for that. Still, once we got past that hiccup, the rest was great. The place was secure and safe - in a lovely neighborhood with restaurants we could walk to. The attached kitchen was terrific and the wifi consistent.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Premeire_Classe, General Manager at Premiere Classe Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2016

Thank you Susie for reviewing Premiere Classe on Trip Advisor.
I apologise for the confusion with the transfer from the airport.
I will instruct the staff to be very clear in the future.

I am happy that you found the position to be convenient and the fact that you could walk to some really great restaurants that we have on our doorstep.
As a traveller I know how important it is to feel safe where you are staying. It makes me happy to hear that you felt safe whilst staying at Premiere Classe.

Kind Regards
Belinda Louw

Reviewed 13 September 2016

I made my booking with Belinda. she was very professional and extremely polite and helpful.
my booking was dealt with swiftlly.
upon arrival i had no problems with check in.
when i walked into the room, it smelt fresh and was very smart.
the linen were hygenic and clean.
the bathroom was immaculate
the bed was comfortable
the Kitchen was clean and neat with the basics
ample parking was available
other guests were quiet
room services was reliable and trust worthy.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Premeire_Classe, General Manager at Premiere Classe Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2016

I am so happy that you have taken time to share your experience on Trip Advisor, Trip Advisor is the biggest review platform world wide . This helps potential guests make an informed decision.
We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.
Regards
Belinda and the Premiere Classe team.

Reviewed 17 August 2016

The hotel is very well located, close to an upscale mall area. Rooms are clean and comfortable - practically apartments and my friend and I even got separate rooms and bathrooms. Tumi, one of the recepcionists, was very helpful, pointing out a place to eat and booking a driver for the same day. We had very little time, so this proactiveness was much appreciated.

We had, however, unfortunate situations in our 2 nights:
- On our first night in town, our room did not have hot water (temperatures at night we around 10°C). The solution provided was to bring 2 buckets of hot water and pour them into the tub.
- On our second night, the internet was down and, since it was a Sunday, it was unlikely that anything would be done until the next day. No solution was offered. Since we depended on internet for communication, I had to beg for 2 minutes on the reception's computer to send an email.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Premeire_Classe, General Manager at Premiere Classe Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2016

Good Day Elisa, I apologise profusely for the problems you experienced during your stay at Premiere Classe.
The hot water situation could easily been rectified by pushing a boost button on the DB board. It is unacceptable that buckets were used to put water into the tub.
The fibre optic cable was down on Sunday, unfortunately that is beyond our control.
However I am always available for our guests, as I live on the property and will happily try and resolve any problems.
I trust you will book with us on a return trip and I will ensure you have a hassle free stay.