“Cheerful , warm, but fell sort of expectations”
Review of Il Contadino

Il Contadino
Ranked #290 of 1,355 Restaurants in Johannesburg
Reviewed April 5, 2018

Food was indifferent. Pumpkin gnocchi tough and chewy. Steak unadorned, poorly presented. Coq au vin like a nursery boiled chicken. all the ice-cream flavors similar. No presentation.

Reviewed March 25, 2018 via mobile

We had an outstanding meal last night at Il Contadino. Our waiter Thaps was fantastic. He was very helpful and pleasant. The service was quick. My Porcini risotto was delicious. My husband and our friends thoroughly enjoyed their food too. The restaurant was packed and there was a great vibe. We will definitely be back soon!! Thank you!!

Reviewed February 4, 2018

I have been watching this space being transformed into its current beauty. The décor is quirky and with quality finishes. I friend and I visited for brunch and ordered a full breakfast and a filled croissant respectively. The ingredients were fresh and from their own farm! Everything was tasty. The coffee was well executed. I loved the mini croissants served with the coffee. The service was prompt and friendly.
Ideal for brunch.

Reviewed February 4, 2018

I had great red sauce pasta and my friend had three vegetarian dishes. Food was really hearty and tasty. Service was not great. Waiter forgot to bring ice, than forgot we asked for water, than took napkins after main meal but didn't replace it for desert.. so very disappointing service but nice food...

Reviewed January 21, 2018 via mobile

Ordered take out pizza and after tasting the shockingly sub standard - in fact dumped the pizza and ordered from another outlet !!