Mi Casa Su Casa on 5th
US$75
US$141
US$123
  • Pool
The Residence Boutique Hotel(Johannesburg)
US$243
US$230
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$280/night.

Genesis All-Suite Hotel(Johannesburg)
US$84
US$69
Priceline
US$202
US$186
Agoda.com
The Reef Hotel(Johannesburg)(Great Value!)
US$63
  • Restaurant
Curiocity Backpackers(Johannesburg)(Great Value!)
US$35
US$27
Hostelworld.com
  • Bar/Lounge
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed June 17, 2015

This is a careless and amateur operation. Shabby half broken bathrooms, long faces at breakfast., exploitative and shady transportation services and the distinct impression you are being taken advantage of. On our 2.5 mnth tour of South Africa, this is, by far, the worst palce we stayed in.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 19, 2015

Our stay in Micasa Sucasa was fantastic: Carolyne has been extremely accommodating and nice, the room was perfect, the swimming pool so nice for a break, the wifi was working perfectly well.
The location itself is really good, just few meters from the 7th Street for restaurants (the veggie burger at the Lucky Bean or a drink in the patio at the Ant were my favorite), it's a quick drive to Rosebank, Parkhurst, Maboneng, Sandton (just avoid the traffic jam hours for Sandton especially).
I'd love to come back there, it felt a bit like home.

Room Tip: The big bedroom in front of the swimming pool is awesome but you can hear the neighbors in the room next to it if they don't pay attention to their voice since there's only one door separating them. We had only respectful neighbors during our stay so this wasn't a problem but you never know.
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed November 10, 2014

Stayed here for a week while attending a conference. The staff went out of their way to help my stay be enjoyable and easy. Morning breakfast is great - juices, cereal, tea, coffee and any cooked breakfast you request. The rooms are comfy (although do request one with a shower not just a bath) and there's a lovely lounge to relax in, as well as pretty grounds with a pool. The trendy cafes and shops of Melville are a stone's throw away. A great choice for those looking for something more personal than a hotel in a cool area.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed August 27, 2014

I call my experience at Mi Casa Su Casa Joburg's finest because it really was just that for me. I have stay at lodges in Gauteng and their names were not worth remembering. The room was big and very neat. I love the clear white sheets on the bed because for me hygiene and especially bedding makes or breaks a hotel. the pool was also clean and inviting. The help was also very friendly and patient with guests including me and all my queries. I also liked (very) much the fact that guest house is situated in the very heart of Melville right ay the bottom of 7th Street where all the clubs are. One the last night I partied solo and walked back alone. But I had left all my valuable locked in a safe so not to attract the criminals. Thanks Dean for making me and my colleagues feel at home and managing our schedules so effectively. The meal of Indian food was the highlight of my time there.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed March 6, 2013

We booked into this B&B for a night, having been unable to find accommodation in the very nice Melville Turret down the road, where we had stayed on a previous visit to Joburg. Mi Casa Su Casa was, quite simply, awful! You get the impression the owner is trying to make a fast buck out of the lucrative and thriving B&B business in Melville, without caring a damn about the service he provides -- or about giving a completely false impression of the place on his advertising website! In our room the paintwork was blistered and peeling in both bedroom and bathroom; the shoddy bedside light didn't work, and it shared a plug with the racketty airconditioning; the dusty and flimsy curtains didn't slide on the curtain rail and came off at one end when one tried to draw them; the bathroom cupboards under the old sink were rotting at the bottom edge and lacking paint. In fact the whole place was thoroughly shabby and smelt of cigarettes. There was no milk on our bedroom tea tray. At breakfast there was a coffee percolator with no coffee in it. The only fruit -- in a country that produces the most fabulous variety at this time of year (summer) -- was a bunch of tired bananas. I declined the full English breakfast, and asked for two lightly boiled eggs. They arrived in a cereal bowl, next to a pile of fried mushrooms and a tomato, and when I looked at this weird arrangement and asked for an egg cup for my (very hard) boiled eggs instead, I was told: "Sorry, we don't have egg cups". The woman serving breakfast was very pleasant and willing, but she had clearly not been given any training in catering for customers. The whole establishment is a disgrace, and I mused that in UK the owner could be reported to the Advertising Standards Authority for misrepresentation. Just look at the website! But just be sure not to take it on face value!

Room Tip: Find an alternative B&B
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple