Genesis All-Suite Hotel(Johannesburg)
US$102
US$74
CrownePlaza.com
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$97/night.

US$358
US$273
Agoda.com
US$115
US$102
HolidayInn.com
  • Pool
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$116/night.

Lucky Bean Guesthouse(Johannesburg)
  • Pool
US$105
US$90
Agoda.com
The Reef Hotel(Johannesburg)(Great Value!)
US$53
US$39
Priceline
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed November 28, 2016

I really enjoyed my stay at MiCasa. Caroline was an excellent hostess; I liked being in walking distance of the restaurants nearby (see my review of the highly recommended Lucky Bean) and having a key to the gate and the door to come in and out late at night. The room was very large and beautifully light and airy, with a deck overlooking the Melville Koppies and the garden beneath. The bathroom has a most extraordinary enormous stone tub, which I enjoyed. The bed was comfortable and my one gripe was the large hard pillows - but when I asked Caroline to find me a softer pillow, she obliged gracefully. The best thing about this place was how quiet it was at night - no street noise intruding and only a couple of other visitors means that it is really peaceful and relaxed, and does not feel at all like an impersonal business or a hotel.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Janet C
Management response:Responded June 13, 2017

Good day Janet,

We hope to see you again!

Have an amazing day.

The Mi Casa Su Casa family...

Reviewed November 10, 2016

Before staying here I read a number of not-so-great reviews, which biased me to the place. But arriving there, I had a much different experience. The villa in lovely Melville is homey and inviting. The rooms are large and comfortable; best of all, the satellite subscription has several options - unlike bigger, 5-star hotels I have been to - availing you with entertainment options. Wi-fi speeds around the property are reasonably fast. The caretaker is easy to get along with and very helpful. It's also a walking distance away from the vibrant 7th Street (it's safe to walk in Melville). I have stayed at two pricier B&Bs in Melville, but this is by far the best. The only negative - and a minor one at that - is the tubs in the rooms; showers would be much better.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Barney248
Reviewed October 11, 2016

Spent four nights in this wonderful, homely villa located around the Wits campus area. Easy access to fine dining and bars. Price was very modest and the house attendant was very helpful. I would definitely recommend Mi Casa Su Casa to anyone who is travelling for fun, and on a budget. As it was low season, we had the entire house to ourselves and it was quiet and private.

Room Tip: Choose a room that overlooks the hills!
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed October 13, 2015

We would have liked to write a proper review of this hotel, but as they cancelled our long standing booking barely two weeks before we were due to stay because "other guests wanted to extend their stay" this is not possible. This type of behaviour is unacceptable. Need I say more!

Room Tip: Do not rely on a booking here.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 17, 2015

This is a careless and amateur operation. Shabby half broken bathrooms, long faces at breakfast., exploitative and shady transportation services and the distinct impression you are being taken advantage of. On our 2.5 mnth tour of South Africa, this is, by far, the worst palce we stayed in.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple