All reviews the security guard main building safe parking one night stay nice area restaurants and shops enjoyed my stay guest house business trip south africa melville gate tyson bathroom nicky neighborhood accommodation
Reviewed August 12, 2018

We stayed at Melville just for one night, before catch flight at Johannesburg. Beautiful accommodation. Room was very nice and very clean. Very good breakfast! Melville by night is very cool with a lot of restaurant, bar, etc..

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 3, 2018

This place is beautiful! It is its own unit as a stand alone home with front and back porches and everything. It has a living room kitchen, large bath, it really is a gorgeous home. The only catch is the security that keeps you very safe is also what keeps you from accessing help from the proprietor should you need it. I checked in at only 7 p.m. in the winter, but it had already gone dark and with no outside lights on the grounds I had no way of seeing and knowing how to get back across the street to the 'front desk' building to let them know my wifi wasn't working so I could call home and let family and friends know I had landed safely. With no phone in the unit to call for help I was basically stranded inside my unit there until day break and I could see to walk outside to ask for help and use all of the keys and locks for the gates. The gentleman who shows you to your unit will expect a tip and if you don't have any Rand on you he will make an excuse to come to your unit the next day to see if you have gone to the ATM. The woman who runs the place is extremely helpful and very friendly. She can tell you great places to walk to and where to find anything you might need in the local area. There is a nice breakfast provided as well. The authentic African decor within the unit were beautiful as well.

Room Tip: Check in during daylight hours as there are no lights on the grounds to see your way around.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed June 24, 2018

The place is easily available which is great as it works for spontaneous trips. Sleep however is difficult because Of the noise from the gate and the noise from the floor literally making it impossible to sleep while people are awake.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 26, 2018

Rooms are clean, very modern, and with an interesting décor. Great breakfast with freshly squeezed orange juice. The area immediately outside the hotel seems uneventful but we only stayed one night and didn't get a chance to explore.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 22, 2018

There was a booking complication, I booked a twin room for two people and was told I had to pay extra for the 2nd person even though I had booked previously and stated that there would be two people. I feel that was wrong on Motel Mi Pi Chi's side and the reception lady Virginia was not understanding at all. I even met the owner Nicky and she to was not understanding and in the end we just paid the extra amount. The property itself is very nice and another reception lady Thuli was very friendly but we will not be coming again.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business