“Waiting time too long - pity, food is good.”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Tashas

Tashas
Ranked #6 of 1,185 Restaurants in Johannesburg
Cuisines: International, European, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Beautiful food. Stunning environments. Engagingly delivered.
Johannesburg
“Waiting time too long - pity, food is good.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2012

One of my favourite places with good food. Sadly thoguh they have recently lost my business becasue they do not take bookings and I am not going to wait 40 mins to be seated. This has now happened on 4 occasions. I'm over it. Asking clients to wait this sort of length of time is disrespectful and a touch arrogant.

1 Thank VLBJhb

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Love the Pawpaw and Banana breakfasts”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

It is always busy when you go to Tashas in Morningside, but it is so worth it ! I enjoy the food and the presentation !

Visited April 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Forgotten in Rosebank”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

I have always experienced the service in the Rosebank branch to be one of their standout qualities, and one which keeps me coming back. On Saturday though, my experience left me feeling homicidal and determined not to go back again. This peeves me because I like it there. I fear also that as winter sets in, Tashas is not ideally situated as the outside area gets no sun and the inside is, as a result crammed from early on.
Anyway, after having a cappacino, I ordered my breakfast and then sat in the draughty shade and read as I waited for my food. And waited, and waited. I then moved inside because I had half frozen to death, and seeing how busy it was, thought I'd give the kitchen a little more time. Eventually, after forty minutes I asked the waitress about my food and she could not find the waiter who'd originally ordered it, nor my food. And so I ordered again. But now I was grumpy and I didn't feel like being grumpy so early in the morning.
When the bill arrived, I didn't tip. I was asked to fill in the "gratuity" by the waitress who brought me the bill, and was a little astonished, but realised that such is the rotational policy of the serving staff that one can never really take issue with anyone as nothing is anybody's fault. She was apologetic when I explained with laboured calm that I had received bad service, but I couldn't get out of there fast enough. I guess it means little that I waited. The pigs will continue to feed there regardless and sooner or later my irritation will wear off and I'll end up going there again. Hope it's better next time.

• Visited April 2012
Sandton,South Africa
“Tashas Melrose Arch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

'Kugel' hangout, rather noisy but always great food. Excellent in fact. Fresh and creative dishes. Decor is attractive and the place is busy and still clean. The managers are usually hands on which makes it a better place.

“Queue Anyone”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

To have to queue for a restaurant on any day of the week should tell you all you need to know about this place. Everything is just excellent

1 Thank Mannymia