“Delightful Brunch”

La Dolce Vita Coffee Shop
Ranked #41 of 55 Coffee & Tea in Johannesburg
Reviewed March 30, 2016 via mobile

Cafe Dolce Vita in the Blubird Centre, just off Athol Oaklands road, Birnam.
You know when you walk into a place and you just not sure?
Well we ordered our breakfasts and waited.
Manny the waiter is unbelievable and besides the food, it's worth going here just to watch a real professional waiter, do his thing.
Observant, unobtrusive and perceptive. Recognizing our little person needed her food quicker, he got her breakfast done first. Without us having to say a word. A fork slipped off the table, without signaling, he brought a replacement.

Our doubt was soon dispelled. The breakfasts were all perfectly cooked, toast golden brown, and grilled tomato red and juicy. Eggs over easy, Macon and beef sausage, delightful.
Scrambled egg for the little one, light and fluffy, mushrooms fresh and tasty.
Freshly made carrot and ginger juice, the perfect beverage with a good breakfast.
Service 10/10
Food 10/10
Price very fair.
They also have a full lunch menu with some delectable looking dishes. From old fashioned fish and chips to veal brandy.
Relaxed and easy atmosphere, a block away from Melrose Arch.
Worth visiting especially if you love your breakfasts, like we do.
Addendum: full breakfasts for 2 adult and child R257.
Most reasonable.

Date of visit: March 2016

Reviewed May 25, 2015 via mobile

Dolce Vita is our favourite brunch spot over the weekend as well as for business coffees in the week since I work from home. My favourite meal at restaurant is breakfast - from the fruity crunch trio to the strawberry and yoghurt pancakes and pawpaw and yoghurt and the eggs on toast are good too. They have freshly squeezed juices and great cappuccinos and freezochinos too. The staff and manager are always friendly and helpful. Highly recommended.

1  Thank MauritianPrincess
Reviewed May 4, 2015

It starts at the entrance - a warm welcome

I have had breakfast here several time and it is very remiss of me not to have rviewed the restaurant before.

Our waiter - Manny - was fantastic. I asked if they did Bloody Marys they do and spicy ones too! But he brought more spices just in case.

My wife had eggs salmon - eggs any way you want. Poached with a soft centre.

I had a Romlette a white omelette stuffed to the brim with smoked salmon, avocado and cottage cheese. I always thought this was the best omelette in JHB and they proved me right again.

Coffee was great and all I had to do was look at Manny and he brought me another expresso!

The helping was such we did not have lunch and we should have walked home. It was so delicious we had to finish it.

Decor nothing to write home about but we focussed on the food...

Date of visit: May 2015
1  Thank AfricaBanker
Reviewed December 21, 2012

A great vibe, super pricing and the friendship of the owner, Alan and his wife Leanne,make for an excellent outing for a relaxing 'meet my friends for coffee' place.
The food is great, nothing skimpy about the portions and any complaint is dealt with in the most friendly and professional manner.
Give it a try, you won't be sorry.
Try the open avo/cheese/tomato and salad sandwich. Yowzah. To die for.

Date of visit: December 2012