All reviews wedding venue lanseria airport bridal suite superior room breakfast and dinner eco proceedings conference conferencing workshop
Reviewed November 19, 2017 via mobile

We booked for a spa session and Sunday lunch. We had to trek through rough signposted paths to find the spa with a very disappointing (inexperienced) massage therapist and a lousy pedicure which will need redoing. Next we went to find our restaurant booking to find we were the only guests for lunch other than a large wedding party and only basic food like scnitzels and ribs on the "fine dining" menu. So we left. Maybe ok for a wedfing venue but dont be misled by the description on the website.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DebbieC014
ValverdeEcoHotel, Owner at Valverde Country Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2017

Hi Debbie

i am really sorry about your experience at the Spa. i am happy to give you a full refund seeing that what you got was unacceptable. i will ask the spa manager to contact you to get your details for the refund for the treatments.

as for the restaurant. we definitely don't offer fine dining, we are a country restaurant that offers that kind of food but we are sorry if we misled you in any way

have a lovely day

regards
JP Valverde

Reviewed November 7, 2017

My wedding was the 01.10.2017- Amazing journey did i have with Brenda and Blessing. They guided me and made every single experience amazing

Then the evening before my wedding, i was introduced to 'MR B' he is a coordinator at the venue but WOW WOW WOW! You blew us away sir.

Your service is that of a world class standard, JP the owner was friendly and was there to welcome me as the bride upon arrival. I experienced a beautiful bridal suite- my guests were blown away by the beauty surrounding the venue- the venue in itself is the gem of johannesburg

My wedding was amazing, from the planning to the service at Valverde, the decor and lets not even compare the food!

THE FOOD WAS OH SO AMAZING, My guests still cant stop talking about the food! It was the highlight of the reception :)

I will choose Valverde over and over again. I plan to celebrate my anniversary there every year just to be reminded of the most secial day of my life that JP, Mr B and all the staff made even more spectacular

my wedding is the talk of the town LOL and i love it

Room Tip: all the rooms are great
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
ValverdeEcoHotel, Owner at Valverde Country Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2018

Dear Ash, thanks again for the lovely review and for giving Valverde the opportunity to host your special day. We will see you soon for your anniversary! can't wait to see you again

JP Valverde

Reviewed October 28, 2017 via mobile

We attended what was a beautiful wedding on Friday. Many of the family stayed over and hoped to enjoy a breakfast the next day. However two of the rooms were robbed at Gun point, the Father of the bride was seriously injured, as they hit him with the butt the gun four times during the robbery. Overall there was no management support, we were robbed and the staff service was terrible. I wouldn't go back there ever.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
7  Thank Claudendedre
ValverdeEcoHotel, Owner at Valverde Country Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2017

Hi Clauden

thanks for your review and we are still in shock after what happened. first incident we have ever had since we started Valverde in 2004 and I am sorry it happened to your family. We have since increased our security quite dramatically, added extra guards, beams, lighting, panic buttons, fencing, a other initiatives to make sure our guests are safe in the future. We have also agreed with the security company to have them here when there is a function.

My wife and also the owner of the hotel was here shortly after the incident happened so not sure why you are saying there was no management support but I am sorry if that's the way you feel.

Our priority is to make sure our guests are safe and we are putting all the measures at our disposal to do so

have a fantastic day and thanks again for taking the time to write how you feel about Valverde and we hope one day you come back and change your mind

Reviewed October 24, 2017

The grounds are beautiful and it was very tranquil to sit outside and have a sundowner. The staff were very friendly and the food was good. The rooms were clean and had everything that we needed, but would have been nice to have a fan in the room as it was very hot.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

thank you very much for your review and for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers. I am glad to hear you had a good time and that you enjoyed the food. I will look into the fan as there should have been a fan in each room as now it is hot in summer

have a super day

Reviewed October 12, 2017

If you are looking for an hotel that applies sustainable business practices & that is close to Lanseria Airport, look no further! No 'greenwash' here - it is the real McCoy! Ask them to show you around & you'll see. Over & above such great principles, the rooms are very comfortable, the staff very pleasant & the food great!

Louis-THE-lawyer

Room Tip: Ask for upstairs for the view & overlooking pool
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business

Dear Louis

thank you very much for sharing your experience on tripadvisor and for taking the time to write about our sustainable practices, we take huge pride on that and we always thrive to continue innovating in that regard.

glad you enjoyed your stay and that the food was great!

we are looking forward to hosting you again very soon