“Family Dinner”

Trumps Grillhouse and Butchery
Ranked #3 of 1,309 Restaurants in Johannesburg
Price range: US$14 - US$17
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Established in 1994, we have become a favorite amongst the locals and business people in and around the Sandton area. We've hosted many local and international guests— you may even spot local and international celebrities too. Trumps is popular with many tour operators and airlines; we are frequented by customers from British Airways, Qatar, Virgin, Lufthansa, and others. We are the number one seller of Karan Beef in Johannesburg and all our beef is aged on the premises in a cold room, for 21 days. What can our patrons expect? Affordability, consistency, excellent service and outstanding meals. We pride ourselves on being able to create the highest quality meals, all at affordable prices. We have an extensive menu that has taken years to develop. Our food can be described as top notch. At Trumps, "It's all about the meat." A variety of steaks, including Fillet, Rump, Sirloin, and Prime Rib are a must for meat lovers. Our famous BBQ ribs are another favorite amongst our customers. Otherwise we have a variety of seafood and chicken dishes to suit every customer's liking. With all the experience over the years and a great and competent team back and front of house, we have the ability to produce consistently excellent results, no matter how busy we may be. We have an extensive wine menu, to cater for all tastes. Our passion to bring new and exciting meals and wine to the world has driven us to source our wines from around the world. Our newly built cellar offers a host of local and international wines, impressive for even the most sophisticated palate. With a new in-house butchery opening at the end of October, many of our patrons will soon be able to take a piece of Trumps home with them. We have two Private rooms available for both corporate and personal functions. The Johnnie Walker Private Room, and our Glenfiddich Private Room. Whether it's a company meeting, year end, or even just a special occasion that needs to be celebrated, dine in comfort and style. Each room is customized to offer an experience worth remembering!
Reviewed 13 September 2016

We had a wonderful experience with Trumps Grill House and Butchery in Sandton. It was a private and intimate dinner for my family that the we all needed after a long day of shopping. The venue was perfectly designed catering for families to my suprise as most restaurants and grill house do not. There were able to accommodate our baby's stroller in the restaurant. My 5 year old daughter enjoyed her meal while her younger sister fell asleep in the restaurant couch beside us.We also enjoyed our steaks and a glass of wine...it was just what the doctor ordered after a day of shopping with my wife and 2 daughters...

1  Thank 18thabanin

Reviewed 12 September 2016 via mobile

Visited with a couple of colleagues from work for a social evening. The service was good, the menu varied and the wine list pretty good. Overall a good steakhouse and worth a visit.

1  Thank march117
Reviewed 12 September 2016 via mobile

I have been to trumps since 2001 and the quality of food has been maintained every since then. The service is always great. Atmosphere awesome esp in the evenings. Portion sizes are goooood.

Average bill for two people including a decent bottle of wine is around R600 including a shared starter (calamari, Peri peri chicken livers or tranchido is always good).

1  Thank Shiloh N
Reviewed 12 September 2016 via mobile

Great place for a amazing steak. I cannot get enough of the steak here. Good place for family and friends too. Definitely will come back again soon.

Reviewed 12 September 2016

Located in Mandela Square across from another "steak house" is Trumps. Very nice restaurant with very good waiters. I went ther twice in the week I was in Sandton. !st night I had the pork ribs with a side of creamed spinach. The ribs were firm, smokey and had a sweet barbeque sauce on them. The sauce was not "baked on the ribs but was put on there just before serving. All in all the ribs were good. The creamed spinach, however, was excellent! The second night I ate there with friends. Two of us ordered the "Pig knuckle" (called something else). What can I say! It was huge, and delicious. I couldn't eat it all. If you like pork, this is a must try!!! When ever I go back to Johannesburg and am in Sandton I will eat here.

2  Thank LMMUTTER