“Wonderful place to stay...highly reccomend it”

Waylynt Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kempton Park
Waylynt Guest House
Ranked #21 of 68 Kempton Park B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 June 2010

I stayed at Waylynt Guesthouse for 5 nights during my trip to South Africa for the World Cup. My room was large and had all the amenities I needed. Room was kept clean by cleaning staff. Lobby, TV Common Area, and Dining Room were quite nice looking, nicer than the places I usually stay at. Breakfast was great, as the previous reviewer mentioned. Auret (Owner) and his staff made me feel comfortable from day one, everyone was extremely friendly and helpful with any requests or questions I had. I really enjoyed my stay in Johannesburg, and my stay at Waylynt was a big reason why.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 June 2010

Loved staying here! The rooms are fantastic and maintained very well. The breakfast is amazing and they have a very friendly staff. Would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 June 2008

We stayed in Waylynt guesthouse on our stopover in Johannesburg. We booked it due to the relative proximity to the airport, affordable price, nice pictures on the internet despite the lack of reviews that we found on the internet.

And let me say that we were extremely pleased that we took a chance with a relatively lesser known/reviewed property. Waylynt is immaculate with beautiful furnishings in both the private rooms and the public spaces. Klynt and Wayne have beautiful taste and have added personal touches to every corner of the guesthouse.

The best part of the experience at Waylynt is that it is really a "guest house" in every sense of the word. If you desire, you can have dinner and drinks or just hang out at the house with Klynt and Wayne, both who are extremely personable and welcoming. It really feels like staying at a friend's house in Johannesburg.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank urigio
Reviewed 26 March 2008

Wayne and Klynt provided us with the perfect welcome on our first night in South Africa. We flew into Johannesburg from London and were met at the airport by Wayne.

We were made to feel very welcome, by the house staff and other guests (even as english guests in a South African winning RWC!)

The guesthouse itself has been set up superbly - very clean and extremely modern, with everything that you could need. Mavis cooked us some great food - creamed spinach and butternut squash in particular!

We were put off Johannesburg by the reports we had heard about safety etc. This place makes you feel very safe and is the perfect place to chill out en route in/out of J'burg airport or even ahead of a Kruger safari.

Good luck to Wayne and Klynt in their new business venture!

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Hudson58