“Disappointing supper”
Review of The Baron Kyalami

The Baron Kyalami
Ranked #26 of 113 Restaurants in Midrand
Description: The Baron is an upmarket dining venue, featuring casual fine dining and is family friendly. We specialize in Aged Steaks but have a large and diverse menu to suit all tastes, our beautiful Bar has all the speciality drinks and we stock most of the trendy new Gins.
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

I ordered the cajun chicken pasta bake and it was unbearable to eat, in the sense of it being too salty. I did ask my waiter for it to be remade as I wanted to eat a pasta dish. Under 5 minutes and my food was back, with no improvement. I was puzzled as my waiter confirmed that the dish is indeed too salt but seemed like more fresh cream was merely added. I expected the manager on duty to approach our table of 5 to ensure everything was okay on the second time round. I left the baron feeling hungry and I would not be visiting again when in jhb.

Gareth S, Owner at The Baron Kyalami, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2018

Good afternoon
I am so sorry to hear about your experience, this is certainly not how The Baron customers should be treated. Thank you for bringing this to our attention I assure you we will rectify this for future customers. I am again truly sorry the manager did t even bother to assist with this issue and that we could not handle your poor meal correctly.
Gareth S

Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

This Baron is in a good location and the staff are very nice. We went there for a late lunch (2pm) on a Public holiday afternoon.
It was nice and cozy with the fire going.

We ordered a chicken burger and the fish and chips. The waitress recommended the kingklip instead of the hake. It arrived looking pretty with lemon and capers on top of the fish but not a vegetable in sight.
It was a R200 dish, totally overpriced for what it was - simple pub food at restaurant prices.

Gareth S, Owner at The Baron Kyalami, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2018

Wayne I am truly sorry you felt we overcharged you and that the meal was not to your satisfaction. We will certainly train our staff to properly sell these speciality dishes we offer, the staff member should assuredly have informed you that the Kingklip is sold at a premium.
Thank you for the input!

Reviewed March 31, 2018

All meals that we have had here have been good and consistent with other Barons. Burgers good, steaks good and selection of drinks also good.

Gareth S, Owner at The Baron Kyalami, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2018

Thank you for the review, we look forward to hosting you again! GS

Reviewed January 29, 2018 via mobile

I’ve had dinner with my daughter on 2 occasions. The service and food were excellent on both.
The staff are friendly and knowledgeable of the menu as well as the specials.

Gareth S, Owner at The Baron Kyalami, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2018

Thank you for the review we do appreciate the time taken. Gareth

Reviewed January 6, 2018 via mobile

Went therenfor dinner with friends and kids...great food, great service, great help from b
Bonthle looking after and playing with my little ones.

Will definitely be back.

Good afternoon Bertrand, thank you very much for the review and will definitely pass on the compliment to Bonthle, she will be so impressed.