Free cancellation until 27/07
US$72
Big Tree B&B(Midrand)(Great Value!)
US$50
US$146
US$88
Savings alert! 39% below average rates

The price you found is 39% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$144/night.

US$62
Book now, pay at stay
US$52
Priceline
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed January 30, 2017

I was there on business, my room was booked late so upon arrival it was not ready. Once it was ready I had problems with the television which were sorted out but with only the SABC channels as the DSTV in the section I was booked into was not working. Stayed from Tuesday night till Friday morning and the matter still had not been fixed by the time I checked out. Thank heavens for portable external hard drives otherwise I would have been bored senseless. Other than that I had a pleasant stay in the cottage. If you are looking for a beautiful chapel for your wedding ceremony definitely have a look at the Midrand Conference Centre.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
Kaylene W, General Manager at Midrand Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2017

Dear Ziningi
Thank you for your glowing recommendation and sharing your experience. It is appreciated. I am so sorry though that the DSTV in your room was not fixed immediately you reported it.

After analysing why this happened, the Maintenance Team now report into another Senior Manager and this has made a big difference. I hope to welcome you back again

Reviewed November 28, 2016 via mobile

We had my wife's price giving function of her work at the place. Seeing that it was a very big group of people is the only reason I am not giving it a lesser rating. Starter was completely tasteless. Main course was nice. Desert was also not really tastefull.... No teaspoons at the coffee area. None. When I asked for teaspoons, the waitress did not even understand what I was asking, not even knowing that there were 2 big Coffee areas outside on the stoep. For two big coffee stations she much later brought 3 teaspoons. Yes 3. That is for around 200 people. The extraction fan in the bathroom was very loud and did not work. Was just making thus loud irritating hummm sound. Really not impressed, but not to say that they cannot fix it. Management, please pull up your socks, cause by the look of the comments I am reading I would not have booked myself if the company did not do it all ready.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Kaylene W, General Manager at Midrand Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2016

Dear Melwin
Very much appreciate your comments. We are taking these to heart and addressing each and every one of your points.

Reviewed November 26, 2016 via mobile

The staff were friendly and helpful. Sometimes there seemed to be some kind of miscommunication. The weekend we were there the water was shut off, not due to their actions, but the municipality. The venue made a plan with water thankfully. The rooms were lovely and clean, but we're damp? Not sure why. The breakfast we had the next morning was nothing to write home about, but was sufficient. The wedding food was lovely, especially the fish and the dessert. It's a lovely place and they seem to try and make an impact, but not quite.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family

Dear Melletjies
Thank you for your comments and glad you appreciated our friendly and helpful staff, our lovely clean rooms and the beauty of our venues and village. We are addressing the points you make and hope to welcome you back one day soon
Regards

Reviewed November 14, 2016

My stay was ok, nothing exceptional but was really convinient in terms of location to my conference venue which was Gallagher estate conference venue. It was very close , less than 10mins walk which was a plus for me. Unfortunately when we got there for check-in the rooms were not ready and they took another hour to be ready. This was because of water rationing as they say that was happening in Midrand. Also had to ask for a bar fridge which I thought was already available in room at the time of booking. Fortunately they quickly provided that. I also found the rooms to be small. Generally if you have a conference at Gallagher and not looking for luxury you can pick this hotel.

Room Tip: If at Gallagher request for rooms that are closer (West)
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family

Hi Busi
Thanks for your review - we appreciate you taking the time to comment on your experience.

Its a shame you didn't mention your concern about the room size - we do have a brand new boutique hotel, Oxford House, on the property, and could easily have upgraded you to a large comfortable room with bar fridge. We would love to welcome you back next time you are in Midrand.

Regards

Reviewed November 5, 2016 via mobile

At our arrival it was clear we made a mistake, and although close to Gallagher Estate... Do not let that be the reason you book here. The first room 2e received was so small and had no window... O ja And do not let them tell you there is different rooms with different rates.... Let them tell you what you booked. Then we were told that the water will be cut off the next morning at 6 due to water restrictions.... Not their problem I know but what is their continuing plan going forward. The first night was impossible to sleep... The noise of people arriving and leaving their rooms was unbearable. On afternoon I had to walk onto the hall and request people to lower their voices. The first morning waking up before 6 not to be the one not to get water.... We got a bigger surprise... There was water but no hit water. We called the front desk and was told maintenance will check it. No hope. We went for breakfast and the tables were not cleared quick enough and no cutlery was on the tables. The flies were sitting g on the food and everything was covered in oil. The second night was even worse..... There was a horrendous noise from pipes in the middle of the night for hours.... I am done this place will never see me again and I will never recommend them even if they were walking distance from the venue. The place is old and needs a fix up as well.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank CaronVil

Dear Caron
Thank you for your review.

I am sorry you didn't let reception know that people were being noisy. We have 136 rooms and could easily have moved you to a quieter room. Moreover we do have a brand new boutique hotel on the property and new guest houses so could so easily have accommodated your requirements.

I am sorry you experienced our beautiful village when our entire area was suddenly hit with water shortages however the good news is, Jojo tanks are being installed so this problem doesn't hinder us as it did when you were with us.

We have taken your comments very seriously and addressed your concerns