All reviews camelot spa morning buffet bar menu tea and coffee the hotel offers bar fridge business johannesburg globe conference setup surroundings
Reviewed July 25, 2018

Checkin wasn’t very pleasant. The person at reception started out kind of rude but for some reason when I came up in the system as a rewards member she suddenly decided to be nice. The hotel grounds are well kept. I had pretty good service at the lounge on most of my visits, but there was one experience where it took forever for somebody to bring a menu and take my order. All of the food I had there was good which was great since I ate all my meals at the hotel for the 3 nights I was there. The room had a bar fridge so that was convenient for keeping drinks. The bed was the standard comfortable Marriott /Protea bed. The location wasn’t convenient to other restaurants or stores unless you had a vehicle.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank LivingDreamsJoyfully
Michael T, Guest Relations Manager at Protea Hotel by Marriott Midrand, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2018

Dear Valued GUEST

Thank you for taking the time to complete a GUEST comment form and to write down your additional comments after your recent stay at Protea Hotel by Marriott Midrand. Your feedback is highly valued and will be used constructively to maintain and improve, where necessary, our standards of service and facilities.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the discomfort and inconvenience you experienced. Your feedback regarding the level of service you received, by no means reflects the high standard of quality and service that Protea Hotel by Marriott Midrand is usually proud to offer. I confirm therefore that I have investigated your comments in a serious light and taken action to rectify the shortcomings.

Your feedback is imperative for us to ensure that our GUESTS’ expectations are being met and exceeded. Without your comments, we would never know when we are doing right, but more importantly, when we are doing wrong! Thank you for assisting us to strive for service excellence.

Your interest and concern are much appreciated, and we hope to have the privilege of welcoming you to Protea Hotels again in the near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed July 24, 2018

I just returned from the Midrand Protea Hotel by Marriott extremely satisfied.
V
Check in was swift and I was made pleasantly welcome
The room was cleaned everyday. A globe needed to be replaced and this was done timeously
The room service was also completed in the shortest time
The staff are courteous and supportive
We had dinners on two days at which I invited family members. The staff were just excellent. Food was tastily prepared and served tastefully.
The buffet is an excellent spread with special requests entertained which I believe only enhances the quality of the service
Compliments to the leadership who ensure customer satisfaction
Ashika proved to be very responsible and efficient and very caring
A feather in the cap for South African hospitality.
Thanks for the excellent stay

Date of stay: July 2018
Michael T, Guest Relations Manager at Protea Hotel by Marriott Midrand, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2018

Dear Valued Guest

GUESTS' perceptions of the service they receive whilst staying with Protea Hotels is the only true yardstick we have for measuring whether or not we have met their expectations. I should, therefore, like to thank you for taking the time to complete a GUEST comment card during your stay with us, and to assure you that your comments are being used constructively to maintain and improve, where necessary, our service standards and facilities.

We were delighted to receive your commendations about the impressive service offered. Please be assured that I will congratulate our TEAM for doing a great job!

Thank you for choosing to stay at Protea Hotel by Marriott Midrand and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me personally for any further assistance you may require in future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed June 20, 2018 via mobile

Ordered from the a la carte menu Five persons Food preparation took lllooonnnggg! When it arrived two plates were warm with three cold
Coffees and cappuccinos cold
Condiments never arrived
Poor performance We will switch to sandwiches next time hopefully its better
Four star deserves a poor two “star” rating this time Hope it improves!!!

Trip type: Travelled on business
Michael T, Guest Relations Manager at Protea Hotel by Marriott Midrand, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2018

Dear Valued GUEST

Thank you for taking the time to complete a GUEST comment form and to write down your additional comments after your recent stay at Protea Hotel By Marriott Midrand.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the discomfort and inconvenience you experienced. Your feedback regarding the level of service by no means reflects the high standard of quality and service that Protea Hotel By Marriott Midrand is usually proud to offer. I confirm therefore that I have investigated your comments in a serious light and taken action to rectify the shortcomings.

Best regards,

Reviewed June 19, 2018 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel when visiting a its show at convention centre nearby.
The hotel had ample secure parking . Check in was fast. The room was clean and spacious and very well decorated. Beds are comfortable. Water tea and coffee are available in the room. Breakfast was ok but could have a bit more variety.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Valued GUEST

Thank you for choosing to stay at Protea Hotel By Marriott Midrand and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me personally for any further assistance you may require in future.

Kind regards

Reviewed May 10, 2018

The rooms are too small. Breakfast very good. Location not bad if travelling for business between Johannesburg and Tshwane. Try and ask for a room close to reception as it can be quite a walk if they allocate you rooms at the end of the property. Was not impressed with security as they let me in without an access card which i only got on the second day but was driving in and out no questions asked.

Room tip: try and get rooms with pool view otherwise you will feel clustered.
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Themba H
PHMidrand, General Manager at Protea Hotel by Marriott Midrand, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to complete a GUEST comment card and to write down your additional feedback after your recent stay with us at Protea Hotel Midrand.

I am delighted to hear that the enjoyed Breakfast and the hotel's location. Your comment regarding security has been highlighted and I wish to assure you that we have taken corrective action on this. I can also confirm although you did not receive an entry card, all vehicles are recorded. Further to ensure we look after our guests, all CCTV cameras are monitored 24 hours.

GUEST feedback is imperative for us to ensure that we are meeting and exceeding our GUESTS’ expectations. Your comments are therefore much appreciated, and we hope to have the privilege of welcoming you to Protea Hotel Midrand again soon.

The General Manager