See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed October 17, 2017 via mobile

I spent 2 weeks attending a conference. Clean, homey, inexpensive, secure parking, amazing home cooked meals optional. Honest, trustworthy, helpful staff. Home away from home. Loved my stay a lot...Salome was inspirational.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed July 8, 2017

I spent two nights at the Orchards. It is very peaceful and set in beautiful grounds, yet only five minutes from Midrand Gautrain station. I was made to feel very welcome by the Salome, the charming and very hands-on owner and her nephew Lebo. All the staff were friendly. The rooms are comfortable, spacious and spotlessly clean. Breakfast was a buffet with eggs cooked to order. Dinner is available by arrangement. Salome and her team really go the extra mile for their guests. They collected me from Midrand station and also offer transfers to the Gallagher Estate. Salome also grows and sells the wonderful Moringa herb. Good value.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed February 12, 2017

Thank you to Salome and team for all the kindness and hospitality shown! Really home away from home - crisp clean linen and towels - comfortable room and super tasty meals!
Well kept gardens and beautiful pool.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed October 19, 2016

This accommodation was supurb. The decoration, photos, books in the lounge room were wonderful. The breakfast was very good, the grounds a d swimming pool area are maintained at a high level. But the best thing was the service. We stayed there all day as we weren't leaving until 5pm and we were allowed to use our rooms until then. Used their iron for my clothes. They have accommodation in the main house or separate bungalows.

Room Tip: Rooms in the main house are near the entrance so you can hear more comings and goings.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed April 22, 2016

The staff are very friendly and always willing to help.
The food was of good quality and big portions. All my students were well fed.
All and all a lovely place to stay and do conferences.
The rates are well priced and and the rooms tidy.

I will definitely be returning for future events.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business