All reviews picnic spot wonderful wedding staff were absolutely amazing beautiful venue friday evening fine dining wonderful experience out of this world chef chapel guests prince waiters country
Reviewed February 24, 2018

The property is absolutely beautiful...amazing bird life.

Was blown away by the food and the AMAZING service...the staff's attention to detail is refreshing. Bonga and Prince you guys rock!

Very close to Lanseria...hassle-free travel

Room Tip: Close to Lanseria, peaceful, food amazing
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank SanetM17
ToadburyHall, Manager at Toadbury Hall Country Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2018

Thank you for you outstanding review. Our landscaping and maintenance team work tireless to ensure our guests experience a truly beautiful outing. The service team at Toadbury are passionate about their work and we love sharing these reviews especially when particular staff are mentioned. Bongi and Prince will be delighted to receive this feedback. Our location in the Cradle of Humankind is a gem. We look forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed January 21, 2018

We were plesently suprised by this venue ,we traveled from Durban to celebrate our friends 70th birthday and they had booked a picnic spot which was down in the woods and we were on an island with the river forking to make the island,the food was fantastic and more than enough.
The staff were fantastic.
The only fault was the toilet was in the main building and quite far to go.

Stayed: November 2017
1  Thank Susan W

This particular island spot on our property surrounded by the Crocodile River is truly beautiful and we are so happy that you had a fabulous picnic experience. We proud ourselves of ensuring our guests receive good food and outstanding service.

Unfortunately the toilets are a bit of a walk however we would not want to take away the natural beauty you experienced.

We look forward to hosting you once again at Toadbury Hall Country Hotel when you next return to Johannesburg,

Reviewed December 25, 2017 via mobile

We took our family to Toadbury for our Christmas day lunch and what a disappointment! The food is truly nothing to talk about, It was a buffet with no variety and the flies were all over the food! This place needs a beter chef. The venue itself is beautiful but the chef and waiters are bad!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for your review. We take this very seriously. You will be happy to know that we have a new chef and our staff have received additional training to ensure that we meet our valued guests experience.

Reviewed October 19, 2017

I recently celebrated my wedding at Toadbury Hall and it was incredible!

Our event-coordinator was so helpful and made sure that the day ran smoothly - a great achievement in light of unexpected rain! The wedding was a dream come true and as a bride I really felt that my needs were seen to. Our event-coordinator was not only available on the day but helped us in the 8 months leading up to our wedding - always with enthusiasm, calmness and urgency. She provided us with great ideas and suggestions that brought our day together beautifully along with our own vision.

The food at the wedding itself was delicious. As the bride and groom I am sure we received extra attention, but in saying that, the majority of my guests were pleased with the plated menu. We felt very proud to have hosted them! We did receive a few complaints about the wine and its availability and one complaint about bad asparagus.

The venue was a great choice as guests were able to celebrate in our wedding day with us and I can definitely recommend it as a wedding venue. The venue itself is gorgeous and the already jovial and exciting atmosphere is added to by the beautiful surroundings. Unfortunately I would not be as quick to recommend the accommodation at Toadbury Hall.

I slept over at the presidential suite the night before my wedding along with the bridesmaids. The extra beds had not been made up and so we had to wait for the mattresses, extra towels etc. to be brought to the suite. The next evening my in-laws slept in the same suite and I imagine that house keeping had not been to the room, or had not done it properly, as there was a shortage of coffee, teas, milk and cups and they mentioned other complaints surrounding towels and bedding.

Adding to this, there was no romantic turn-down in the honeymoon suite the night of the wedding which my husband had to organise at the last minute, and this was a bit disappointing.

In my opinion and the opinion of guests, the breakfasts served on both the morning of the wedding and the morning after, were not great. There was a very long waiting time between placing the order and being served on both mornings.The breakfast arrived cold in both the hotel restaurant and to the presidential suite. I understand that it may have gone cold along the walk from the kitchen to my suite, but I was surprised to hear that cold food was served in the restaurant. Adding to that, all of the flapjacks which were served on the morning of the wedding were very raw in the middle.

In conclusion, I can definitely recommend Toadbury Hall as a wedding venue - it was perfect and my dream wedding. I would however, recommend that should a person make use of the accommodation that they keep these points in mind.

Room Tip: French Quarters (Room 8&9) have a great view.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank SimoneG3727

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide very valuable feedback. Firstly, it was an honour and a privilege to host your memorable day at Toadbury Hall Country Hotel and we wish you many happy heads ahead.

Secondly, the appreciation you showed Melissa is heart-warming as our wedding specialist you hit the nail on the head and this has been shared with her. Melissa a a true asset to our team.

All of your comments are valid and have been taken up with the various departments to ensure that they are address in the future.

We look forward to hosting you on your Anniversary.

Reviewed October 17, 2017

This has to be one of the best Country Hotels that I have been to. I recently attended a conference at this venue and was immensely surprised. The venue was awesome with great conference facilities in a really upmarket feel with great rolling lawns and gardens.

Lunch we delightful. I had the lamb shank and it was one of the best ones i have had in a long time. Well recommended.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
ToadburyHall, Guest Relations Manager at Toadbury Hall Country Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2017

The Toadbury Team is most appreciative of your review. Thank you for taking the time out to share your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back.