“Crispy Duck”

Rock Sushi Thai
Ranked #15 of 20 Restaurants in Newlands
Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Rock Sushi (THAI) began in the picturesque fishing village of Hermanus in 2004, when owner of the Harbour Rock Restaurant, Francois Barnard, decided to expand the repertoire of his highly successful seaside restaurant. A Master Sushi chef was headhunted, and alterations on a new kitchen within the building began. Thai Cuisine has always been known for its clean, fresh flavours. Beautifully fragrant ingredients like ginger, lemongrass and coriander give Thai cuisine its distinct and unique flavour, loved by people the world over. Rock (SUSHI) Thai is an embodiment of this mantra.
Reviewed 20 April 2016

Great sushi but you must try the crispy duck. Best in South Africa - just ask for extra pancakes to make it last longer ...

1  Thank F2920TMkimb
There are newer reviews for Rock Sushi Thai

Reviewed 2 April 2016

When I travelled in Thailand I pretty much just ate cashew nut chicken wherever I went. When I was at Rock Sushi Thai I tried the Oyster sauce and cashew stir-fry. It was absolutely delicious and I asked to have it with noodles instead of rice which was a good call. The sushi is not amazing though so I would stick to the Thai food.

1  Thank Erik S
Reviewed 25 March 2016

I dined here with my wife for dinner. We had The Tbhai Green Curry which was delicious and a Thai Style Lightly Fried Calamari which was on the Specials Board, also delicious. The food is very reasonably priced and as an added onus, they serve Belgian Vedett Beer on Tap. The Vedett Extra White beer is flavoured with coriander and dried orange peel. It is very popular and was very fully, but pleasantly so. The service we had was outstanding. We will definitely return

2  Thank PAULLFWOOD
Reviewed 25 February 2016 via mobile

Best sushi in town! small but cosy restaurant with very helpful and friendly waiters and bartenders. This is the place to take your next date

2  Thank 34jades
Reviewed 11 February 2016

We have been frequenting this restaurant regularly since it opened as it is so conveniently situated for us. But last night was the last straw. The past 3 times we had to wait sometimes over an hour for our sushi order. Last night we arrived just after 19h30 and our order eventually arrived at 21h05. The quality of the sushi has become unacceptable. Loads and loads of rice, hardly any fish. We complained to the manager who took a bottle of bubbly off our bill, but that didn't make up for the bad meal we had. Unfortunately for Rock Sushi there are other restaurants we can support. Such a pity though as we always enjoyed going there. But over the past few weeks it has just gone from bad to worse.