“Great sushi!”

Rock Sushi Thai
Ranked #17 of 31 Restaurants in Newlands
Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Rock Sushi (THAI) began in the picturesque fishing village of Hermanus in 2004, when owner of the Harbour Rock Restaurant, Francois Barnard, decided to expand the repertoire of his highly successful seaside restaurant. A Master Sushi chef was headhunted, and alterations on a new kitchen within the building began. Thai Cuisine has always been known for its clean, fresh flavours. Beautifully fragrant ingredients like ginger, lemongrass and coriander give Thai cuisine its distinct and unique flavour, loved by people the world over. Rock (SUSHI) Thai is an embodiment of this mantra.
Reviewed October 9, 2017 via mobile

Rock Sushi Thai is one of our regular restaurants that we go to. The 20 piece sushi platter is what we usually get. The platter is good value for money. The crispy duck is also excellent ! We also enjoy their spring rolls which come with a flavoring full sauce.
Rock Sushi Thai is located in a convenient place, with an underground parking close by ( free). Service is not excellent. On one occasion when we happened to take family and friends, service was dreadful. We waited over an hour for our food! Now we have to order our sushi platters while we are driving to Rock Thai Sushi, so that they will be ready at a descent time. It seems to be working out so far.
Great food, but maybe not service...

Reviewed September 22, 2017

We drove past this place plenty of times and finally decided to try it. I am so glad we did! Lucky we got in early or else Id suggest making a reservation. We ordered the sample appetizer platter. It was tasty, it had veg and chicken spring rolls, tempura and corn cakes For main course we tried the beef penang curry and stir-fry. The presentation was beautiful and the food, delicious! Excellent waiter, excellent service, clean establishment. Will return again!

Reviewed September 14, 2017

Thoroughly enjoyed every minute of my Friday night at this gem of a restaurant!
Amazing sushi, Thai curries, vibe and friendly staff.

Would recommend this place to anyone who enjoys good sushi and a spicy, full of flavor curry dish.

Reviewed September 7, 2017

I regularly eat at this outlet and have never been disappointed. Twice in a row I’ve chosen the special of the day: prawn and avo salad and twice I can tick the ‘yes’ box. One small constructive criticism: it’s difficult to eat the long strands of shredded cucumber; otherwise absolutely nothing to complain about. My dining companion chose the angry beef – medium. (I can’t help wondering if he’d ordered the mild whether it would have been listed as miffed beef :)

Reviewed July 10, 2017

This time round the food seemed better though the service was dreadful. Although this restaurant is fairly small it was always difficult to find one of our three waiters on the night. Firstly we waited for the first round of service and then I kept having to ask the sushi chef to send a waiter to our table. I cannot emphasise enough to restaurant owners the need to hire really good waitresses. It is also great if the waters smell good and look appealing, male or female. Good food id not your ticket to fame and fortune. I have oft times gone to the same place and had two very different experiences simply due to service. Fortunately the food was great on this cool winters night in June. I had the most delightful bubbly by the glass as well.