All reviews tsogo sun indian restaurant excellent service cape town exceeded my expectations two oceans go the extra mile room service pleasant stay enjoyed my stay breakfast buffet high quality south africa excellent stay table mountain home away from home ss
Reviewed January 14, 2018

What a best service, warm welcome from the entire staff. Food was great. Reception and Restaurant staff, the best. Food was great. The hotel is nicely situated, close to Cavendish mall, Kirstenbosch gardens, wine farms, etc. Easy to access highway to airport/Cape town CBD

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels
Hannes H, Manager at Southern Sun Newlands, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2018

Good day,

Thank you so much for your recent visit to Southern Sun Newlands and thank you for your valuable feedback regarding your experience with us.

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your time at Southern Sun Newlands.

Again, thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay in Cape Town and please do not hesitate to contact us should you travel to Cape Town again?

Reviewed January 12, 2018 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel for two nights, to attend a graduation at the Univ. of Cape Town, during the middle of December.
Check in was particularly efficient, and I was promptly taken to my room. Cape Town is in the depths of a protracted drought, and the complimentary bottled water was appreciated, as was the excellent air conditioning.
The room was spacious, and served my purpose.
The breakfast was very good, with a wide range of hot and cold food. The on site Indian restaurant is also excellent.
Highly recommended, but please save water on your visit to Cape Town.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Hannes H, Manager at Southern Sun Newlands, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2018

Good day,

We really appreciate your positive feedback and we are delighted that you enjoyed your time at Southern Sun Newlands. Thank you for supporting our water saving initiatives.

Please do not hesitate to contact us should you travel to Cape Town again?

Reviewed January 11, 2018

Great stay..Best service from staff. Always enjoy my stay at this hotel. The staff does their best to make the stay as comfortable as possible. Great food at breakfast and dining. Chef always willing to listen to special orders and make them

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Good day,

Thank you for choosing Southern Sun Newlands for your stay in Cape Town and please do not hesitate to contact us should you travel to Cape Town again?

Reviewed January 8, 2018

Excellent staff very courteous, caring and responsive. good value for money spent, pleasing experience dung stay and food was good, cleanness of room was good. I strongly recommend this property for family. We enjoyed our stay completely.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels
Hannes H, Manager at Southern Sun Newlands, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2018

Dear Sanjeev

Your positive feedback is highly appreciated and I am delighted that your stay at Southern Sun Newlands was memorable.

Thank you for choosing our hotel and please do not hesitate to contact us should you travel to Cape Town again?

Warm Regards

Reviewed January 7, 2018

Clean adequate rooms with wifi. Dining facility decent if you are wiling to cope with disinterested staff. Restaurant was empty and yet staff could find no reason to come and take orders for meals. Breakfast is better as it is mainly self service buffet. Staff when they eventually come to you are courteous but level of service is poor

The newly opened Park Inn down the road may be a better option

Room tip: Avoid rooms on the first floor as they are not fully serviced by lift and you have to walk up stairs.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Hannes H, Manager at Southern Sun Newlands, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2018

Dear John

I do apologise for the subsequent frustrations and inconvenience caused during your time with us. I will most certainly look into the matter and address the poor level of service you received with my team.

Again, I sincerely apologize that you did not received the service that we strive to deliver and I assure you that this is not a norm at Southern Sun Newlands.

Thank you for choosing Southern Sun Newlands for your stay in Cape Town. I really hope that you will allow us to rectify the poor service deliver you received.