“EXCEPTIONAL STAFF”

Southern Sun Newlands
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Newlands
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Reception was welcoming. The check-in clerk was warm an efficient. Concierge was very friendly and went out of their way to make a booking for me for table mountain and very helpful in getting my luggage to my room.

On entering the room we found the bathroom had not been cleaned and there was a huge cockraoch in the room. We called the cleaning lady that was working on that floor but she said this was not her room. Then we called housekeeping and they quickly sorted it out. Apart from this we had a lovely stay at this hotel.
Breakfast was great.

One suggestion I could make is to keep the fish and meat separate.
Jamie at the breakfast was very kind, friendly and just made it memorable.

Concierge Hakiem was very helpful and friendly. Made our stay great.
On checkout Hakiem and Moegamat were just amazing.
Will definately recomend to my friends

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Hannes H, Manager at Southern Sun Newlands, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Good day Imraan,

Thank you so much for your recent visit to Southern Sun Newlands and thank you for your valuable feedback regarding your experience with us.

I do apologise for the subsequent frustrations and inconvenience caused and assure you that this is most certainly not our standard. I sincerely apologise that the room was not according to the standard, I will most certainly look into this.
Thank you for your positive feedback regarding the team members and I will share this feedback with them.

Again, thank you for choosing Southern Sun Newlands for your stay in Cape Town and please do not hesitate to contact us should you travel to Cape Town again?

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

What a best service, warm welcome from the entire staff. Food was great. Reception and Restaurant staff, the best. Food was great. The hotel is nicely situated, close to Cavendish mall, Kirstenbosch gardens, wine farms, etc. Easy to access highway to airport/Cape town CBD

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family

Good day,

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your time at Southern Sun Newlands.

Again, thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay in Cape Town and please do not hesitate to contact us should you travel to Cape Town again?

Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel for two nights, to attend a graduation at the Univ. of Cape Town, during the middle of December.
Check in was particularly efficient, and I was promptly taken to my room. Cape Town is in the depths of a protracted drought, and the complimentary bottled water was appreciated, as was the excellent air conditioning.
The room was spacious, and served my purpose.
The breakfast was very good, with a wide range of hot and cold food. The on site Indian restaurant is also excellent.
Highly recommended, but please save water on your visit to Cape Town.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family

Good day,

We really appreciate your positive feedback and we are delighted that you enjoyed your time at Southern Sun Newlands. Thank you for supporting our water saving initiatives.

Please do not hesitate to contact us should you travel to Cape Town again?

Reviewed 11 January 2018

Great stay..Best service from staff. Always enjoy my stay at this hotel. The staff does their best to make the stay as comfortable as possible. Great food at breakfast and dining. Chef always willing to listen to special orders and make them

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business

Good day,

Thank you for choosing Southern Sun Newlands for your stay in Cape Town and please do not hesitate to contact us should you travel to Cape Town again?

Reviewed 8 January 2018

Excellent staff very courteous, caring and responsive. good value for money spent, pleasing experience dung stay and food was good, cleanness of room was good. I strongly recommend this property for family. We enjoyed our stay completely.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels
Hannes H, Manager at Southern Sun Newlands, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2018

Dear Sanjeev

Your positive feedback is highly appreciated and I am delighted that your stay at Southern Sun Newlands was memorable.

Thank you for choosing our hotel and please do not hesitate to contact us should you travel to Cape Town again?

Warm Regards

Reviewed 7 January 2018

Clean adequate rooms with wifi. Dining facility decent if you are wiling to cope with disinterested staff. Restaurant was empty and yet staff could find no reason to come and take orders for meals. Breakfast is better as it is mainly self service buffet. Staff when they eventually come to you are courteous but level of service is poor

The newly opened Park Inn down the road may be a better option

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on the first floor as they are not fully serviced by lift and you have to walk up stairs...
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Hannes H, Manager at Southern Sun Newlands, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2018

Dear John

I do apologise for the subsequent frustrations and inconvenience caused during your time with us. I will most certainly look into the matter and address the poor level of service you received with my team.

Again, I sincerely apologize that you did not received the service that we strive to deliver and I assure you that this is not a norm at Southern Sun Newlands.

Thank you for choosing Southern Sun Newlands for your stay in Cape Town. I really hope that you will allow us to rectify the poor service deliver you received.

Reviewed 5 January 2018

My family and I had a one night stay at the hotel. On arrival the reception staff were courteous and helpful. Both our rooms were comfortable, clean and spacious. Breakfast was of good quality and staff were polite and friendly. I would definitely visit this hotel again...

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels
Hannes H, Manager at Southern Sun Newlands, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2018

Dear Nirusha,

I am delighted to know that you all enjoyed your time with us, even such a brief stay we are really grateful that you choose Southern Sun Newlands for your stay in the Mother City.

Please do not hesitate to contact us should you travel to Cape Town again?

Deputy General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Newlands
0.1 km away
7.6 km away
Southern Sun The Cullinan
Southern Sun The Cullinan
#27 of 112 in Cape Town Central

Been to Southern Sun Newlands? Share your experiences!