“Good service overall, but not exeptional”

Tawny Creek Spur Steak Ranch
Ranked #593 of 814 Restaurants in Pretoria
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery
Description: Spoil your family & eat out at Tawny Creek Spur. We are the best steakhouse & burger restaurant in Pretoria. Bring along your kids for some great tasting food & dessert from our famous Spur menu.
Reviewed April 4, 2018

I took my wife here 27 March 2018 and we were well received at the door initially with prompt service throughout. The manager was very active in the restaurant and the waiters friendly and helpful. Our orders did not take to long to arrive and were were overall happy with this Spur. However, there was also nothing special really about the place either, just what one expects. I have to mention at least that the place was clean and tidy and the atmosphere was good being peaceful at least. The waiter however failed to load points on my spur card even though I provided him with the 6 digit code, so if you plan to visit the place, make sure this is done. In my case it was not a large amount and I don't really care. I will visit this Spur again though, it is close to me and I have no complaints so far.

Spur_Steak_Ranches, Guest Relations Manager at Tawny Creek Spur Steak Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2018

Hi KirstenPTA,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Tawny Creek Spur family restaurant.

We appreciate your constructive feedback and hope to see you again, soon.

Kind regards,
Spur Steak Ranch

Reviewed May 1, 2017 via mobile

Sunday Buffet Lunch @ R120 pp is excellent value for money and a great excuse not to cook. Management (Anton, William, Gabe etc) and waiters are on top of their game and we rarely ever find something to complain about. When we are unhappy, it is sorted out immediately.

Spur_Steak_Ranches, Guest Relations Manager at Tawny Creek Spur Steak Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2017

Dear MarthievDyk,

Thank you so much for your amazing review! We're thrilled to hear that the food & service was a hit. We hope to see you again soon for another Spurrrific experience.

Kind regards,
Spur Family

Reviewed December 21, 2016 via mobile

Me, my wife and one of my sons popped along here this evening for a meal.

I was very impressed, having the calamari as a starter and the fillet steak for a main meal. My wife had the t-bone and my son a chicken dish. All was good ....although my wife did feel her medium steak was probably over cooked.

I thought the portions were generous and the steak in particular was one of the finest I have ever had. The waiter was good, he was attentive and did the job well.

The restaurant was clean and American diner themed.

The cost for 3 of us for 3 courses each and 2 drinks each was around £50 ...which I felt was fine.

I would certainly go back.

Reviewed March 22, 2016

On the 21/03/2016 I took my son to Tawny Creek Spur and was disappointed with the slow service , my waiter took the order of the drinks at 4:30pm and then went walkabout , eventually I called the manager( 17:25pm ) and asked him to take my food order.
The food is average to good , the children's play area is fantastic and my little boy enjoyed playing with the other children.

1  Thank Jaime A
Spur_Steak_Ranches, Guest Relations Manager at Tawny Creek Spur Steak Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2016

Dear Jaime A,

Thank you for the generous rating of Tawny Creek Spur! We are pleased to hear that you and your little boy enjoyed your time with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Kind Regards,
Spur Steak Ranches

Reviewed January 16, 2016

On Sunday 11/01/2016, my wife & I visited Tawny Creek Spur to enjoy a breakfast, as it is the closest Spur to where we are staying. There was nothing to enjoy about this Spur. To start off with, we weren't even friendly received with a warm smile or a friendly attitude, the staff at the entrance which are suppose to welcome the guests and show them to a table, were rather looking at each other when we approached, as to whom of them would assist us. Our waitress didn't even introduced herself to us upon seating us at a table, nor did she have a name tag.

We ordered Latte's and when it arrived, the waitress caused one of them to fall over and spill onto the table and onto us. The waitress did not even apologised for this, she rather told us to get up and move to the open table next to us, so that she can clean the table. She did brought another Latte a while later, but still not apologised for what happened earlier. We called the manager, Vivienne, and explained to her what has happend. She then took our orders for breakfast personally, but still did not address the original issue and incident.

When our breakfast arrived, there was a hair on my food which I pointed out to Vivienne, she then wanted to bring me a freshly prepared breakfast, which I turned down, as I have lost my appetite and due to the poor service and assistance we received earlier. Vivienne then told us that everything was on the house, but I didn't even had breakfast.

My Latte was cold, the chips served with the breakfast my wife, was old and cold to the touch, the eggs were extremely oily and over done.

We are very disappointed in the level of service of this spesific Spur, from waiter level, right through to management and would not recommend people to visit Tawny Creek Spur, rather drive a few kilometers further and support another Spur or a whole other restaurant.

Spur_Steak_Ranches, Guest Relations Manager at Tawny Creek Spur Steak Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2016

Dear Hennie, we are really sorry for your experience at Tawny Creek Spur on 11/01/2016, but are very happy that you got in touch with us at Head Office directly so that we could address the matter at store level. Please do not hesitate to get in touch with us anytime on 0860007787 for any issues you may have with a Spur restaurant. Kind Regards, Spur Steak Ranches