“As expected as any Holiday Inn” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Sandton - Rivonia Road

Holiday Inn Sandton - Rivonia Road
Ranked #19 of 49 Hotels in Sandton
Singapore, Singapore
“As expected as any Holiday Inn”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

Stayed there recently when I attended an exhibition in Johannesburg.

Nice business hotel, Rooms are comfortably big enough for my colleague & myself.

Hotel had the normal 3 pin & 2 pin wall plugs at the study table which I felt was really good so I did not need an adaptor. In-room electronic safe was also provided. Good variety of tv programmes so I could watch TV in my limited free time.

They also had a comfortable lobby which we could sit down and discuss work with our laptops or at the lazy corner where they had ample seating.

Service at the conceirge was very friendly & helpful. They were always ready to answer your questions or get you a taxi.

The hotel also had someone who was standing by the lobby lift (presumably to deter unwanted "guests"). We all know that it could be a little unsafe in South Africa at times, but generally, Sandton is safe.

Did not use the Skye Bar nor the business centre so I cannot comment.

However, i felt that wifi could be provided free in the rooms (being a business hotel) since the rates are quite steep actually.

Breakfast was sumptous but a bit pricy (again).

Had an incident when i was in the shower late at night (about 1am) when the water supply stopped suddenly. I was stranded in the shower for about 15 minutes with soap all over my body. Fortunately the water supply came back on and i quickly finished my bath.

Barring that incident, it was a pleasant stay.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Hotel_Management2010, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Sandton - Rivonia Road, responded to this review, 27 March 2012
Hi there "Archenemy",

We are extremely excited to hear we were able to deliver on the Holiday Inn brand promise and create "great hotels guests love".. Apologies for the inconvenience caused by the sudden loss of water pressure. I can assure you the issue has been addressed accordingly.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

Holiday Inn Sandton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Macclesfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2012

we used this hotel as a base for exploring sandton and the surrounding area. The rooms were good, comfy beds and well appointed. The Skye bar was great with amazing views, attentive staff and good drinks menu. We got an excellent room rate however breakfast in the hotel was pricey which is often the case in big hotels. Its in walking distance to Nelson Mandela square which has lots of restraurants and bars, the staff at the hotel were happy to recommend things to do in the area and where to eat etc.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hotel_Management2010, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Sandton - Rivonia Road, responded to this review, 25 March 2012
Hi Joanne,

Wonderful comments! Great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Especially your remarks around the friendly service experienced are much appreciated and I will gladly share these with the rest of the “INN” team.

Hope to see you back soon upon your next trip to beautiful Mzansi..

Hlumisa Saffa – Guest Relations Manager
Cape town
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

A good choice- well located with village walk close by as well as sandton city. Very modern hotel- good sized rooms and a nice bar. Staff can seem a bit lost at times but overall good. Also ideally situated for the gautrain- although when I asked about a free shuttle to the train I was told that a taxi was the only way- which cost R50.

Room Tip: Have a drink in the bar- nice view.
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Hotel_Management2010, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Sandton - Rivonia Road, responded to this review, 22 March 2012
Hi Deneys,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Sandton when visiting Johannesburg and for taking the time to share your experiences with your fellow TripAdvisor users.

Give our regards to the beautiful Cape and we look forward welcoming you when back in the Highveld...

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

I stayed in Holiday Inn Sandton for more than three weeks.
The hotel was clean and provide a great level service while I was there.
I stayed in the business room which has a nice big queen bed. the bathroom was cleans and modern.
during my stay, I tired most of the room service menu. The menu was short and with good choice of food. The quality of the food was great and I did not feel bad for not going out for dinner.
The hotel is located in walking distnace from a large GYM which provide all the facilities I was looking for.
Aso walking distance to Mandela Square and shopping mall.

The staff were friendly, helpful and polite.

I could not fault this hotel and I will be goinf back to the same hotel on return to South Africa.
The price was reasonable and it would be good if they provide discount for long stays (greater than two weeks.)

The business lounge was not actually a lounge and did nto provide the same level of services (refreshment and snack) as other hotels I had stayed in. Maybe they will work on this for future.

I highly recommend this hotel.

thank you .
Pedram

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Hi Pedram,

On behalf of the entire "INN" team, thank you for your positive recommendations! It’s great to hear you have not been able to fault our service levels in the period you were staying with us.

If this would ever be the case, please notify us immediately so we can rectify this. Your comments on the Priority Club lounge are noted and will be discussed internally.

Looking forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Hlumisa Saffa - Guest relations manager
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2012

This is like no other Holiday Inn in the world. Spotlessly clean, orchids in the lobby and everywhere.Located in a great part of Johannesburg, opposite the Aston Martin dealership, and a short walk to Mandela square.Very attentive staff. Hotel is the favored hotel of international airline crews.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Hotel_Management2010, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Sandton - Rivonia Road, responded to this review, 13 March 2012
An orchid a day, keeps the doctor away!.. :)

A big thanks for your great comments on behalf of the entire INN team... We can't wait to welcome you back upon your next visit to South Africa..

Malaga, Spain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2012

We found the Holiday Inn Sandton to be in a great location for sightseeing and the veiws from the swimming pool area were quite breathtaking. The rooms were very spacious and well appointed and the breakfast excellent. On arrival however we were kept waiting for over 30 minutes whilst our rooms were prepared. As we had arrived three hours after the hotel's check in time we were disappointed that the rooms were not ready for us. The staff were generally very helpful and the price for the accommodation very reasonable. The entrance hall is very impressive

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hotel_Management2010, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Sandton - Rivonia Road, responded to this review, 8 March 2012
Glad to hear you enjoyed the sights and sounds of Sandton. And I must admit, the views from the 9th floor pool deck are my favourite as well!

Apologies for the inconvenience caused by not having your room ready on arrival. I will most definitely share these comments with our front office and housekeeping team to further improve our internal processes.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2012

I travel on business throughout the world and am rather discerning when it comes to hotels. Holiday Inn Sandton was a great experience. I arrived jetlagged and early in the morning – they made a room available for me so I could get ready for my day’s meetings. While I was out, they moved my belongs to my proper room. Everywhere I turned, I was greeted with a smiling staff member who was only too happy to genuinely assist me. Now if you are an Olympic swimmer, this is not the place for you as the pool is tiny…and no Jacuzzi (something I really missed). But overall, it was a great stay. I highly recommend the value and experience.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hotel_Management2010, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Sandton - Rivonia Road, responded to this review, 26 February 2012
Hi Bostonboi,

Doing business so far away from home must be tiring and demanding on its own, so it’s even more important for us to make sure your stay is relaxing and hassle free. Glad to hear we lived up to the Holiday Inn promise and made your stay a comfortable one, allowing us to support you on concluding a successful business trip.

Hope to see you back soon at the Holiday Inn Sandton!

Hlumisa Saffa – Guest Relations Manager