1,387 results
All reviews running track planet fitness amazing gym business hotel business lounge mandela square indoor pool room service free shuttle business class gym facilities the ground floor gautrain station modern hotel amazing hotel business trip shuttle service
Reviewed March 7, 2018 via mobile

I stayed for two nights. The first thing I would like to say is the hotel sorted out a mess created by Avis over my rental car. The rental firm had moved site and phone number without telling me. The Radisson came to my rescue - thank you! Registration at the hotel was easy and my room was ready and in good order. It was of good size and well equipped. One niggle, there were several small holes in the bedsheets: clearly not checked before use. Breakfast was typical for a large business focused hotel. It was plentiful but decidedly average. Lunch and dinner were better and reasonably priced. Staff were friendly and helpful throughout. All in all satisfactory for what it is and good value in a central location.

Trip type: Travelled solo
General M, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Sandton, Johannesburg, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2018

Dear Grant W,

We strive on 100% satisfaction and we are happy that we exceeded your expectations during your stay - I will make sure to pass your message of compliments onto the entire team here at the Radisson Blu Hotel Sandton.

Thank you very much for staying with us and we really look forward to welcoming you back to the Radisson Blu Hotel Sandton in the very near future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed March 7, 2018 via mobile

Dark unmodernised room overlooking atrium reception. Noise both late at night and early morning from reception area as all comfort rooms face the atrium one floor above. Hopeless lift service sinuses the stairs only to find it was after escape with no access back to the hotel so were kicked out! Service appalling they seemed not to care to answer client’s questions and only two on duty taking phone calls for accommodation requests.

Air conditioning in bedroom smelt of cigarette smoke and probably had not had the filters changed for years.

Dinner in the restaurateur was inedible compounded with slow service

Fee shuttle bus to nearby shopping mall left late and failed to collect at due to so had to call hotel to collect from uk mobile

Only plus point was nice outdoor roof pool but Esther too cold to use

Overall would give this hotel a wide berth

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear chelseachelsealondon,

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience that was caused to you during your stay. Your experience of the service delivery overall most certainly does not reflect the high standard that Radisson Blu Hotel Sandton is usually proud to offer. I confirm therefore that your concerns have been addressed and that corrective action is being taken to rectify the shortcomings.

Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future. We certainly hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations in the future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed March 5, 2018

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu
General M, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Sandton, Johannesburg, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2018

Reviewed February 28, 2018 via mobile

The worst experience ever in a Radisson blue hotel.
The first day I informed that my room phone wasn't working and it wasn't fixed. Every time that I had to request something from the room service I had to go personally to the reception.
The iron to press my shirts wasn't available during two days.
At 6AM it was impossible to sleep due to the music coming from the gym (room 1230) and then I though that the worst passed at 5PM when I arrived I had the same problem with the music, nobody can rest in this hotel. Unacceptable for a 4 stars hotel.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
General M, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Sandton, Johannesburg, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2018

Dear Xpuma,

We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your concern further. We invite you to contact us directly at Stevan.bajic@radissonblu.com

Kind Regards

Reviewed February 27, 2018 via mobile

Nice, clean, and modern hotel with good service. I found the receptionists helpful as they assisted with a random issue requiring my documented information to be scanned and emailed to another hotel for the next leg of my travels. The concierge was helpful and provided tour options with the advertised prices.

As for the restaurant, I only experienced breakfast meals since we explored other restaurants in the city for our dinners. Breakfast was still a treat for me especially since I'm not a standard breakfast type of lady. The fact that the restaurant was vegetarian friendly (without tofu anywhere in sight) was definitely a pleasant highlight for me. The chef would sauté some veggies (from the omelette station like spinach, green peppers, tomatoes, etc) and I was still left with a variety of additional meat-free and egg-free items.

Additionally, I checked out around 4am and knew I would be hungry shortly there after. I was informed the hotel offered an on-the-go option for early departures prior to 6am so I made certain to utilize those the services. The new chef that came on board that same morning (I wish I remembered his name) was really helpful and made every effort to ensure I had my sautéed veggies with some lentils, spice and all for breakfast, just how I like it.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you very much for selecting the Radisson Blu Hotel Sandton as your hotel of choice. It so nice to hear such a detailed review with such positive comments.

Kind Regards,