All reviewshourly shuttlenelson mandela squarestandard roomfree shuttle servicegautrain stationmodern hotelbusiness staybreakfast buffet isenjoyed my stayjohannesburg
Reviewed October 17, 2017 via mobile

The standard room is mentioned as good enough for a family of two adults and a kid, but has a queen sized bed which might not be sufficient. The hotel changed the rules about parking in a span of seven days with no free parking and ZAR 45 for an overnight parking. Even high end shipping areas charge less than this. I'm not bickering but these are charges which aren't mentioned at the time of room booking and these can be unpleasant surprises for lot of travelers. Either the hotel should mention the same in booking websites or take themselves away from such websites. The staff is good and bad depending on the day and time you arrive. They seriously need a bit of training to handle older people and family crowd especially on being compassionate to requests. A business traveler might not mind a small bed and a small room, but he is single with no company. Atleast change the attitude when someone makes a request.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
General M, General Manager at Park Inn Sandton, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2017

Dear mexxian,

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. Your feedback is highly valued and will be used constructively to maintain and improve, where necessary, our standards of service and facilities.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the discomfort and inconvenience you experienced. This by no means reflects the high standard of quality and service that Park Inn Sandton is usually proud to offer. I confirm therefore that I have investigated your comments in a serious light and taken action to rectify the shortcomings.

We really look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed October 17, 2017

The standard room was ok, not very clean at all - cupboard dirty, dust and dirt on work table, gross. Smell of smoke in the room absolutely horrendous (non-smoking room), pillows very hard and gross smelling - not the cleanest hotel room. Reminded me of the road lodge in Rivonia. The bedding had stains and so did the towels and the facecloth was so old it was worn through. There is no bar fridge to keep water or juice cold. The cupboard space doesn't allow for long dresses. The gym is tiny, full house on every visit and only one treadmill worked. Not enough mats to do floor work, only 2 in fact. Food prices for room service quite expensive and breakfast was pretty uninteresting. Would not recommend this hotel for anything other than a very short overnight business trip. Very accessible to train station, Sandton shopping mall, etc. Aesthetically not too bad at 1st floor. Staff were friendly enough, front desk could try harder though. Overall probably the second worst place have stayed in.

Room Tip: Nothing to see from rooms
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Dear Kim T

Thank you very much for selecting the Park Inn Sandton as your hotel of choice.

We appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention, and hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations in the future.

Reviewed October 10, 2017

I would like to stay in this hotel for more than 2 nights max.
One night is better. I could not find a place to hang my clothes!!
Also no safe in the room for valuables.

Happy to say there was a gym, but no water (empty dispenser) and no towels (empty towel rack) in gym. Last time I stayed here there was a TV (not to serious) but this time just an empty wall.

Rooms was clean with fresh towels.

Breakfast was nothing special, at least a very nice modern coffee machine!!

Will not stay here with family or for long periods.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
General M, General Manager at Park Inn Sandton, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2017

Dear Jacques H,

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed the gym facilities and that you found the room clean. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future.

We hope you will consider us again when you are in the area.

Kind Regareds

Reviewed October 9, 2017

I did not like this hotel. This was not the hotel that the group I was with was originally supposed to stay at, but for some reason we ended up here. I would never stay here again. First of all, my room was not ready for me. At first glance, walking into the room, it was, but then I realized I didn’t have any soap (shower nor hand) and I didn’t have toilet paper. I called the front desk and they said they would make it right and sent the house keeper up. In the meantime, I attempt to turn on the shower, and the nozzle that transfers the water from the rain shower head to the one on the wall came off the wall into my hand. When the house keeper arrived, she was just giggling away. I have no ideal what was so funny, but I told her about the shower and she acted like I was dumb or something, until she tried it for herself and saw that it was broke. She called maintenance, and he came up, and same thing, acted like I was crazy or something until he pull the nozzle and it came off in his hand. About 15 minutes later he fixed it, sort of. The water still wanted to come out of the rain shower head, so I didn’t get much water out of the shower head on the wall. Also there was a leak under my sink, I didn’t notice it until later, but I told the house keeper about it the next morning. She said she would send maintenance to look at it. Come back to my room for the day and I see the water under the sink is gone, so I assumed they fixed it. NOPE! Turn on the water and it’s still leaking. My bed was not made properly the next morning, they had the top sheet over the mattress pad and that’s it. I called housekeeping and asked them if I would have a complete sheet set. The young man that came up had no ideal what I was talking about. I had to show him how the fitted sheet goes on the bed, and then the top sheet, and then the comforter. He laughed at me and told me they never do it that way. I told him that if they are going to work in the hotel industry, then they need to learn how to properly make a bed. I have never encountered that in any hotel, in any country, before. The room service card was already filled from the previous guest, I asked housekeeping if I could have another one. I’ll be darn if she didn’t put the same one that was already used back in my room.
Getting service in the restaurant downstairs was like pulling teeth. When a few ladies in my group and I decided to eat there the night we arrived, we walked up to the entrance and stood there. There was a male waiter that looked right at us and kept walking. We eventually walked into the restaurant and asked him could we be seated and he told us to sit where we want. Took him forever to bring us menus. It seemed to annoy him that he had to wait on us. Once he took our order and gave us our drinks, he never came near us again. We had to stop other wait staff and ask them where our order was, and if we needed anything else, we asked them too. Another waitress brought us our checks. Watching our initial waiter, he was providing wonderful customer service to his other tables. Not sure what his problem was with us. Also, there was this mean black woman that was manning the egg/omelet station at breakfast both mornings we ate there. She did not crack a smile or greet you and would just look at you and did not move until you told her what you wanted.
On the day of checkout, our flight didn’t leave until that evening. Several of us called the front desk and asked for a late check out. We were told 1PM. At noon, our room keycards were deactivated. You could not turn on the lights or anything. Could not access the rooms or the elevators. House keeping banging on doors wonder why we still in the rooms. Get down to the lobby after hitching rides with other guests (can’t ride the elevator without inserting your room keycard) and come to find out they didn’t even put in the system they told us we could have a late check out. They had to reactivate all our cards so we could use the elevators and get back into our rooms to get our stuff, then sit around the lobby until the bus took us to the airport. Would not stay again, this was the last hotel on our journey through South Africa and it was not pleasant to stay here at all.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
General M, General Manager at Park Inn Sandton, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2017

Dear SiobhanDW,

Please accept our sincerest apologizes for the disappointing service you received from our staff. Our team works hard to make sure our guests are comfortable and receiving our best service. We appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention, and would like the opportunity to discuss your concerns further. I invite you to contact me directly at Stevan.Bajic@radissonblu.com

We look most forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed October 8, 2017