1,562 results
All reviews the executive lounge nelson mandela square free shuttle shuttle service business trip bit dated business center breakfast buffet the hotel offers late check sandton area gautrain station south africa shopping mall gym johannesburg sanjay
Reviewed July 18, 2018

Very nice place to stay in a grand building of proportions suitable for the Hilton name. Very comfortable, large rooms, good amenities, and great service. The breakfast is one of the best hotel breakfasts I've had, and the bar is quite good too.
The location is nice and central, and is an easy walk to Mandela Square, but only during the day. At other times, there's a free shuttle, so it's always good.
Definitely a very nice and very secure spot, and I'd certainly return.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Hotellier12, General Manager at Hilton Sandton, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2018

Dear Dr_Engineer_Adelaide

Thank you for sharing your warm review with us. I am delighted to read your comments and the you had a comfortable stay and enjoyed your breakfast.

We value you as our guest and would like to welcome you back soon to once again exceed your expectations.

Reviewed July 17, 2018 via mobile

For business, I have spent more than 50 nights in the Hilton in Sandton in the period March-June 2018.

Room and services are generally good but do not really differentiate from the other hotels. The differentiator here is with the employees. Personal contact - e.g. they know guests by name - and service in the restaurant and at the reception desk do make the difference, really good!

Part of the success here is that a lot of time and effort is invested in education of youg(er) staff.

Well done! My hotel of choice when in Johannesburg

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Hotellier12, General Manager at Hilton Sandton, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2018

Dear Rob N,

Thank you for sharing your review with us. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your interaction with the team and were satisfied with your experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon and make you feel at home.

Reviewed July 17, 2018

I was a Speaker at the 2018 Global Block Chain Congress which was staged at the Hilton. I travel regularly for business, throughout the world and what stood out for me was the absolutely amazing staff. I felt like each one was welcoming me to their home. I've never seen this before anywhere. One young female intern Andronika, in the main Restaurant had the most engaging smile ever. She is truly the face of your Hotel.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business

Dear mdasilva2018

Thank you for your warm review. I am delighted to read your comments and I am very proud of what the team members are achieving. Thank you for mentioning Andronika by name, this ads tremendous valued to staff morale.

We value you as your guest and would like to welcome you back soon to once again exceed your expectations.

Reviewed July 12, 2018

My wife is celiac and even though there is a GF code which indicates gluten free items on the menu, absolutely no meals had the GF icon next to it. We called down to room service to ask if certain things were made with flour, and they simply said, 'i don't know'. - didn't bother to check with the chef. There was gluten free bread on the menu (which didn't even have a GF symbol next to it), however when we ordered that no one knew what we were talking about.
On the second night of our stay we went down to the restaurant, very tired and jet-lagged. We ordered a couple of steaks, and after 30 minutes they hadn't arrived. we asked where they were and they told us steaks take 25 minutes to prepare.... 40 minutes later still no dinner, however the huge table of 15 next to us received their meals, when they came into the restaurant at least 10 minutes AFTER us! We left without eating to go order room service, which took another 40 minutes. When we called to ask where it was they just hung up on us. When it finally arrived, we couldn't eat it, it was disgusting. We ordered chicken and rice and the chicken was filled with tiny bones.
Room was OK, however the aircon unit rattled very loudly. The bath also had a plug which didn't fit the plug hole, and when we called reception for another one they just hung up on us again.
Most of the staff were really unfriendly, apart from France who was working in the executive lounge, he was lovely.
I'm stunned this is a 5-star hotel, I would honestly rate it a 1-star. It's unacceptable to have 5 stars and not cater for celiacs. Never again!!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank leejI3011KD
Hotellier12, General Manager at Hilton Sandton, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2018

Dear Lee J,

Thank you for your feedback. Please allow us to apologise for not meeting your expectations with regards to the food on offer and how it was prepared.We have remedial actions in place that will be followed internally.

Thank you for giving France the recognition he deserves, comments like these really motivates the team members.

Please can you supply us with your direct email address in order for us to communicate directly to you?

We would like to welcome you back in future to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed July 10, 2018

Checking in was a bit slow, we had 2 suites, but we had to wait 1 hour for the first one and 2 hours for the second one. The suite is good and had everything we could need, but sofa need to be replaced as it was uncomfortable.
Apart from this common area are excellent, service friendly (we lost a reflex camera and it was found within minutes), Breakfast very good and also the restaurant was good.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Hotellier12, General Manager at Hilton Sandton, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2018

Dear gp68

Thank you for sharing your review with us. I am delighted that you were satisfied with your overall stay,service received and the breakfast you enjoyed. Please allow me to apologise for the inconvenience caused while checking in, I assure you it is not the norm as we pride ourselves in the way we serve our guests and would like to welcome you back soon.