I visited the Saxon for afternoon tea with my bestie. What a wonderful experience! The hotel is on a grand estate with such gorgeous gardens/greenery. It’s a very modern, elegant and stylish hotel. The afternoon tea itself was in a lounge area with splendid African themed decor. There were only two other tables occupied so it really did feel like an exclusive experience.
Nomfundo was a pleasant host and kept refills flowing. Delicious And gorgeously presented sandwiches, sweets and savoury. We spent a great couple of hours here - Lovely that we didn’t feel rushed at all. Then we moved outside to the pool area for some sunshine and sundowners in such pristine surroundings. Thank you for making our outing so special. We felt very well pampered! Highly recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Saxon has a story to tell. Originally a private home and host to many honoured guests including World Leaders, Celebrities and guest alike. The art within the hotel portrays lives lived with guests and friends spending time together. Elegant. Luxurious. Unforgettable. Merging the finest culinary experiences, the ultimate in luxurious accommodation and the award-winning Spa, the Saxon will take you on an unforgettable journey. This is truly the place you can call home. Let the Saxon treat you to personalised, discreet service and unparalleled South African hospitality. The Saxon is Johannesburg's most luxurious hotel and one of the worlds top award winning hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your Saxon Hotel, Villas and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Saxon Boutique Hotel Johannesburg
- Hotel Saxon Boutique
- Saxon Hotel, Villas And Spa Sandton, Greater Johannesburg, South Africa