“Amazing ”
Review of Sandton Sun

Sandton Sun
Ranked #4 of 46 Hotels in Sandton
Reviewed 16 January 2017 via mobile

Loved absolutely everything, located in the Sandton city mall, the rooms are modern and very elegant, the breakfast is delish.
Room service quick.
The staff is very helpful. I loved absolutely everything.

Can't wait to go back

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
PeterDavidson01, General Manager at Sandton Sun, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2017

Dear Lizbeth N,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay overall. Our hotel aims to provide a truly unique experience, and we are thrilled that we were able to exceed your expectations.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

There are newer reviews for Sandton Sun

Reviewed 16 January 2017

Stayed here for two days , on New year's eve and again on New year's Day. The welcome from the lobby staff is absolutely brilliant from the minute the car drops you off, to the time you are checked in. I had to re-book a second night as I missed my connecting flight on New Year's day and I was delighted to spend a second night in this wonderful hotel. The rooms are well furnished with luxurious and exceptional décor full of character .The bed is very comfortable and guarantees you a good night sleep. The breakfast in this hotel is divine, make sure you don't miss it. The hotel is located in Sandton City, therefore access to the shopping centre which houses big brand names like Gucci, Billionaire, Armani and Burberry is very easy . The staff in this hotel are very helpful and I found Betty Makhaliphi's customer service skills and professionalism absolutely exceptional. Thanks to Head Concierge Vinny Maharajh who was also very helpful trying to trace my lost luggage from the airline. Will definitely stay again here and recommended to friends and family.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your five star review and kind comments. I am delighted to hear that you had such a wonderful stay with us and that staff had a positive impact on your experience. I will be sure to share your comments with them. We are constantly looking for ways in which we can improve on the product and services we offer so if there is anything, however small which you feel would have improved on your time here or could perhaps enhance a future visit, please feel free to drop me a short message.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 15 January 2017

i just arrived for my reunion class and we are staying at the hotel ,rooms are renovated nicely ,staff are super friendly ,but what is not expected at all that you have only 750 mg for your internet and you have to buy new data package ,it is not easy to do it ,very complicated ,, by all means ,if you are an internation business hotel and you have this funny way of using internet ,,,then pls let the customers know ,and we will never come back .i ma going to sat 2 days and i supposed to come again for other 2 days after i come back from cap town ,but i wont ,,,, thanks to internet policy they have ...

Room Tip: we have nice room but it is small ,it has small bath room actually ,but room size ok
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
PeterDavidson01, General Manager at Sandton Sun, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2017

Dear Hesham H,

Thank you for your review. Please accept my deepest apologies for the inconvenience you experienced with our internet, this is certainly not the standards we aspire to at Sandton Sun. I will ensure our Guest Relations Manager is made aware of this and rectifies it immediately so that you may enjoy your stay further.

Your thoughts are of vital importance to us as we use these to evaluate and improve on services we offer as well as incorporating the needs of our guests in changes we make in the future.

Reviewed 15 January 2017 via mobile

Stayed at Sandton Sun in January and was impressed with the location right in a shopping centre. Very standard hotel and impressive customer services. Very noisy if staying in lower floors due to proximity to open plan restaurant. As a five star hotel for international guest , the direction for Muslim prayer in the room was missing. Overall great stay

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
PeterDavidson01, General Manager at Sandton Sun, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback, your thoughts are of vital importance to us as we use it to evaluate and improve on services we offer as well as incorporating the needs of our guests in changes we make in the future. I am glad to hear that overall you had a great stay and hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Peter Davdison

Reviewed 13 January 2017

I have been coming to this hotel for 25 years and it always makes me feel like I have come home! The welcome for all the lobby staff is just first class and genuine. There are more "fancy" hotels in Sandton but nothing beats their overall service standards and getting the small things 100% right. Will be back

Room Tip: Family suites are good size
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Brett0730

Dear Brett0730,

Thank you for your kind comments and for your patronage. I am delighted to hear that you had such a positive experience with us. We are on the constant look out for ways in which we can enhance your time with us. If you found anything that would have made your time with us more comfortable, or perhaps we could include in your next stay, please feel free to drop me a short message.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 11 January 2017

After all these years of being on the market, the Sandton Sun never disappoints me. I cannot fault it on any level.... I would definitely recommend it to anyone wanting to visit JHB. Good value for money.!!! Great experience and unfortunately, 2 days was just not enough. I would've liked to have visited the spa in the hotel too.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels
PeterDavidson01, General Manager at Sandton Sun, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing Sandton Sun, and for taking the time to write a review! I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hotel aim to provide a truly unique experience, and are thrilled that we were able to exceed your expectations.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 11 January 2017 via mobile

Definitely the best place for shopping and internment, whatever you want to buy you can get there, also Mandela square is the my best place to see the crowd of sandton city. If you coming to visit South Africa please don't miss to visit there.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and for giving us a perfect score. I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and that you enjoyed our vibrant city.

I hope to welcome you back soon.