“Vegans Welcomed”
Review of Sandton Sun

Sandton Sun
Ranked #4 of 46 Hotels in Sandton
Reviewed 22 January 2017

We chatted to Sandton Sun before we arrived about our diet. We were extremely happy with what we experienced on the weekend. They brought us some soya milk to the room, and made sure that the kitchen was aware of our requirements. Marlon the maitre d Marlon was brilliant and made us feel very special. Any Vegan wanting to go out for a special meal phone ahead and ask to speak to Chef Ashleigh. She was really good with here ideas and made a really tasty meal for us.

Do check on the cost as this is something that restaurants and hotels have not quite got right yet. Often you pay more for vegetable that meat, which baffles my mind.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels
PeterDavidson01, General Manager at Sandton Sun, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad to hear that our staff had a positive impact on your stay and that we were able to accommodate your dietary requirements, I hope the rest of your stay was just as positive. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as we strive to improve with each and every stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Sandton Sun soon.

There are newer reviews for Sandton Sun

Reviewed 21 January 2017 via mobile

This hotel has been there forever, and is in a cat a typical "Johannesburg" hotel of the nineties" a lot of glitter and bling, but not a lot of identity, style and soul. If you suffer from vertigo, you will find it challenging to Walt to your room 16 floors up with a low railing between you and the "free fall". The location is however very convenient, with direct access to the Sandton City shopping centre. If you are unfamiliar with Johannesburg and maybe a single traveller, this provides a safe and flexible location with no need for use of taxis to get anywhere.

Stayed: January 2017
1  Thank ArneHFrandsen

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am glad to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay with us. It is vitally important for us to hear your views as it is through this that we are able to make changes and improve in the direction our customers’ desire.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

We have just spent 7 days at this hotel.
The rooms are spacious and modern & spotless, the turn down service is a nice touch. Breakfast is included and delicious, continental and/or hot breakfast service is outstanding every waiter was helpful and friendly. The pool area is relaxing. The location is fantastic attached to Sandton city and Mandela square.
Looking forward to spending few more days there next week.
Highly recommend.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
PeterDavidson01, General Manager at Sandton Sun, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your great five star review and kind comments. I am delighted to hear that you had such a wonderful time with us and that we were able to exceed your expectations. We are on the constant look out for ways in which we can enhance your time with us. If you found anything that would have made your time with us more comfortable, or perhaps we could include in your next stay, please feel free to drop me a short message.

I look forward to welcoming you back next week.

Reviewed 17 January 2017 via mobile

Nice hotel with wonderful Food and Beverage Options and outlets. Rooms are big and nice decoration. There is just one thing that I don't like about this chain is Internet limited time, today doesn't work anymore like that. Staff nice, everything was good in a good location on close to a mall and Nelson Mandela Square. Safe place to stay and fare price.

Dear AlejandroGeis,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am glad to hear that overall you had a positive experience, however please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced due to the internet limitations. Your thoughts are of vital importance to us as we use these to evaluate and improve on services we offer as well as incorporating the needs of our guests in changes we make in the future.

Reviewed 16 January 2017 via mobile

Loved absolutely everything, located in the Sandton city mall, the rooms are modern and very elegant, the breakfast is delish.
Room service quick.
The staff is very helpful. I loved absolutely everything.

Can't wait to go back

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
PeterDavidson01, General Manager at Sandton Sun, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2017

Dear Lizbeth N,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay overall. Our hotel aims to provide a truly unique experience, and we are thrilled that we were able to exceed your expectations.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Reviewed 16 January 2017

Stayed here for two days , on New year's eve and again on New year's Day. The welcome from the lobby staff is absolutely brilliant from the minute the car drops you off, to the time you are checked in. I had to re-book a second night as I missed my connecting flight on New Year's day and I was delighted to spend a second night in this wonderful hotel. The rooms are well furnished with luxurious and exceptional décor full of character .The bed is very comfortable and guarantees you a good night sleep. The breakfast in this hotel is divine, make sure you don't miss it. The hotel is located in Sandton City, therefore access to the shopping centre which houses big brand names like Gucci, Billionaire, Armani and Burberry is very easy . The staff in this hotel are very helpful and I found Betty Makhaliphi's customer service skills and professionalism absolutely exceptional. Thanks to Head Concierge Vinny Maharajh who was also very helpful trying to trace my lost luggage from the airline. Will definitely stay again here and recommended to friends and family.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your five star review and kind comments. I am delighted to hear that you had such a wonderful stay with us and that staff had a positive impact on your experience. I will be sure to share your comments with them. We are constantly looking for ways in which we can improve on the product and services we offer so if there is anything, however small which you feel would have improved on your time here or could perhaps enhance a future visit, please feel free to drop me a short message.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 15 January 2017

i just arrived for my reunion class and we are staying at the hotel ,rooms are renovated nicely ,staff are super friendly ,but what is not expected at all that you have only 750 mg for your internet and you have to buy new data package ,it is not easy to do it ,very complicated ,, by all means ,if you are an internation business hotel and you have this funny way of using internet ,,,then pls let the customers know ,and we will never come back .i ma going to sat 2 days and i supposed to come again for other 2 days after i come back from cap town ,but i wont ,,,, thanks to internet policy they have ...

Room Tip: we have nice room but it is small ,it has small bath room actually ,but room size ok
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
PeterDavidson01, General Manager at Sandton Sun, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2017

Dear Hesham H,

Thank you for your review. Please accept my deepest apologies for the inconvenience you experienced with our internet, this is certainly not the standards we aspire to at Sandton Sun. I will ensure our Guest Relations Manager is made aware of this and rectifies it immediately so that you may enjoy your stay further.