“GREAT STAY AT A PRIME HOTEL”
Review of Sandton Sun

Sandton Sun
Ranked #4 of 47 Hotels in Sandton
Reviewed 11 July 2017

This hotel is close to perfection. Rooms are spacious and well appointed. The breakfast is fantastic, staff friendly and attentive. The hotel is connected by bridge to Convention Center and Mall, very convenient since I was attending a large Conference. You have access to a huge mall complex and restaurants without walking in the street. The only thing shy of perfection is the complimentary wi-fi which tends to slow down during the evening period when people are back in their rooms.

Room Tip: High Room has better view
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
RobertJasper, General Manager at Sandton Sun, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2017

Dear valued Guest

We thank you for your feedback and for advising us of your stay with us.

Guest feedback is an essential part in ensuring that our clients are provided with the standards of quality and effective customer service that are synonymous with the heritage of the Sandton Sun.

We appreciate your opinion and we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

U surprised me after 4or 5years! Still a stunning hotel with friendly staff and connected to the mall! Awesome! Breakfast is good, you may ask for avocado for free, not a stingy hotel, very customer oriented, but the only cons- too loud when housekeeper/guests passed by my room, they talked when they walking to their room

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for your kind compliments. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

Had a conference close by so enjoyed easy access to the convention center from here. The train is close by and the mall is also conveniently located near the hotel. The rooms are spacious and clean and breakfast good for a quick 10 min moment in the morning.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for your positive feedback and also for choosing to stay with us at Sandton Sun. I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and I hope we have the opportunity to see you on many future occasions.

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

I have been a loyal customer to tsogo sun and have always appreciated the customer service offered...yet a recent unpleasant experience at the sandton sun has shaken my belief in your ability to provide efficient and pleasant customer service therefore having doubt on whether or not to book at any tsogo hotel in the future

I arrived on Saturday the 1st of July with my wife who had been planning on celebrating my birthday by suprising me to a stay at the sandton sun , on booking this room she requested to do her own preparation however she was promised by reservations a fruit basket , a birthday note as well as a special turn down would be done this was well suited taking into consideration he is on a health freak . when cuming to the hotel TWO HOURS AFTER THE STANDARD CHECK IN TIME she was made aware that no special preparation was done and had to ruin the surprise by reminding the front desk about her special arrangements, we were than told to walk around and were only allowed to go into our room an hour later ,that too after visiting the front desk TWICE reminding them that we await our room !! only to find no birthday card nor fruit basket , instead a few dry cakes and appletizer which i could not enjoy ! Surely you do not value or time and money ! myself as well as my wife did not want to complain as this would ruin the evening further .

After arriving into our room we were shocked to notice that after the long wait our luggage had still not been delivered to the room thus had to call concierge to request it .

During the course of the night I called switchboard requesting to be transferred to housekeeping however each attempt was a a fail after raising my voice at the switchboard operator then only was I told that he would get housekeeping to call me back instead .

The bathroom basin was also blocked ! was this room not inspected by a supervisor prior to us entering ??

Id also like to suggest that a desk mirror be placed on the desk especially for the ladies who wish to do their makeup while seated .

Id also like to mention that the toasted cheese which was ordered via room service was horrible as compared to the toasted tuna . The cheese was dry and cold and rasted as tho it was made the previous day

Surely this is not the level of service that Tsogosun wishes to provide their guests ?? I will be eagerly awaiting a response from the hotel

Regards
Ibraahim

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
RobertJasper, General Manager at Sandton Sun, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2017

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest satisfaction survey. We appreciate the feedback that you have provided, and would like the opportunity to make contact with you.

We have left a voice message for you, kindly respond or provide us with an alternative number that we may be able to call again.

Many thanks and kind regards

Reviewed 8 July 2017

Weekend spa and shopping break with family. Great location and really convenient to be attached to Sandton City mall for shopping. Breakfast was good though being vegetarian options were a bit limited
Wife enjoyed the spa

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels

Reviewed 5 July 2017

This is one hotel which stands out as one in a thousand hotels. It is close to all facilities such as other hotels, dining or restaurants, shopping,conference facilities etc it is at the heart of South Africa and it is of high standard and the quality of facilities are of high standard.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels
RobertJasper, General Manager at Sandton Sun, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2017

Dear Valued Guest

We appreciate your positive feedback and also for choosing to stay with us at Sandton Sun. I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and I hope we have the opportunity to see you on many future occasions.

Reviewed 5 July 2017

Let me start with the big minus : the rooms are built around a huge open atrium with below the bar and breakfast area. This configuration works as an amplifier and the noise in the room from the bar until late at night is disturbing.
Beside that, this is a very good (and big) business hotel with all services you would expect from such a hotel.
The room is spacious with ample space at the desk to do some decent work, a minibar with the usual stuff. No iron or iron board but that can be asked and a decent king size bed. The airco/heating in the room does really work and is easy to operate, which is needed as standard the room is set at refrigerator temperature (at least that's how it felt). The bathroom has a tub and a separate shower. The temperature there however remained quite chilly.
Breakfast is buffet style and has en above average choice. There is the warm stuff : egg in different styles, beacon, sausages of different types, beans, vegetable. There is the cold meat, plenty of cheeses, fresh fruit, yogurts, juices ... nothing more to desire...
Location is in the shopping area of Johannesburg and the hotel is linked to the convention center.
Service is good and discrete so definitely a good hotel to consider when going to Joburg.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business

Thank you for raising the issues that have occurred during your stay with us. I truly regret that your experience fell short of any expectations one should have of a five star hotel.

I have taken your feedback to heart and I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to inform us of your stay at the Sandton Sun.

I would therefore like to use this opportunity to offer my sincerest apologies for the inconveniences caused to you.