All reviews sandton city american embassy bedroom apartment walking distance fitness center mandela square rooms are modern shuttle service home away from home gautrain station shopping mall emile consulate conference business convenience nelson
Reviewed January 17, 2015

Spacious and comfortable accommodation in a superb area of Sandton. The establishment is well run and spotlessly clean. All the staff from the front desk, security and cleaning were friendly and welcoming.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed December 9, 2014

This Hotel has been nothing short of magnificent. My stay was certainly a great one. The hotel staff are all great, friendly and always willing to help. I definitely must say the staff made the whole experience for my family in your beautiful hotel. I would recommend this hotel to the people I know and I will definitely be back in the near future.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed December 7, 2014

I have to say one of the best Hotels in Johannesburg, always excellent friendly service and always willing to help if you need something. Very neat and clean at all times, food is amazing. Will definitely return and will recommend this Hotel to anyone. Everything you need if you have to leave home for business of pleasure.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a stunning view and tend to be quieter from traffic and city sound.
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed December 3, 2014 via mobile

Management and staff useless. Option of a "quiet room" chosen but ended up in a room on the busiest junction of main road....why offer this free option when booking the room only to be put there? Needless to say I didn't sleep a wink and I'm no light sleeper!! No running water next day but manager promised to send bottled water....that didn't happen either even after 2nd reminder!! Room service totally dismal with incorrect items brought up to room. To top it off we booked out the next day only to find they had over charged me by £150 on my card!!! How they are still in business is beyond belief. -10 out of 10 - Diabolical sham!!!

Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mart1n2014
Burnedette, Guest Relations Manager at The Capital Empire, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2014

Dear “Mart1n2014”,

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay with The Capital Empire Hotel.

Unfortunately the water incident was something completely out of our control and once we were notified of this matter we immediately had our secondary water supply filling up our tanks and all rooms had water 20minutes later.

I do agree that the promise of water not being sent to your room upon your request is completely unacceptable and we have dealt with the parties involved in this matter.

Due to our high occupancy we could not accommodate you on the other side of the hotel but we have added this room request to your profile for your future bookings and will try our best to accommodate you.

As per my e-mail to you, we are currently investigating your room service experience as well as the over charge matter and will be in contact with you regarding this.

We do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Capital Empire again in the future.

Kind Regards,

Burnedette Jordaan
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed December 2, 2014

This lovely place is for those who have all the time in the world. If you need fast service, please do not stay here. The housekeepers take hours to service an apartment - the housekeeper would clean the dishes, leave the apartment for 20 mins, come back to the apartment to clean the living room, leaving the apartment for another 15 mins, come back again to make the bed etc...It is a never-ending story. What makes it worse is that the hotel never has sufficient towels for the guests. So, today you might get three towels and tomorrow none at all.

Next, this place is not for those who like afternoon naps. The housekeepers don't seem to understand the meaning of "Do not Disturb". Even after placing the "Do not Disturb" sign on the door, you will hear constant knocking on your door. It is annoying. What's the point of having that sign if no one is going to obey it?

Guests are not valued - I sent two emails to the general manager but there was no improvement in the service. So if you have to stay in this hotel, be prepared to take up two roles - that of a guest and a housekeeper. It is better to wash the dishes, clean the room, make the bed and wash and dry the towels yourself instead of waiting for housekeepers (which is an eternity).

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ujwalaevani
Burnedette, Guest Relations Manager at The Capital Empire, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2014

Dear “ujwalaevani”,

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience you have experienced thus far with regards to your room not being cleaned to your satisfaction.

The General Manager has addressed this with our Executive Housekeeper who will on a daily basis be in contact with you to make sure that your room has been cleaned timeously and to your satisfaction.

The Housekeeping team has also been addressed by the General Manager in regards to the do not disturb sign and we would like to assure you that you will not be disturb again.

Thank you for bringing these concerns to our attention and assisting us with our ongoing drive for quality and enabling us to improve the hospitality offered to our guests.

Should you require any further assistance during your stay with us, please feel free to contact me directly.

Kind Regards,