See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed November 3, 2017

Hotel Review: SECURE is the first word that comes to mind. It was a gift and a curse. There was a security guard to enter the neighborhood where my Uber had to get his Driver’s License and vehicle registration scanned. Then there was another guard shack that had to let you in the gate at the actual property. So safety was definitely not a concern. The security guard at the guard shack was extremely nice. He took my bags from my Uber driver and told him it was his job to worry about my bags. LOL Check-In was easy and the lady that checked me in was really personable. It is a cute little complex. I had the pool area all to myself on Wednesday and it was a nice relaxing way to spend the day doing nothing. My room had all the necessary amenities and it had a kitchenette. I thought I had a one bedroom apartment but apparently my booking thru hotels.com was a hotel room style but it did have a refrigerator, cooktop, sink and microwave. It was not as clean as I would have liked. The desk chair cushion had some stains on it that I didn't want to think about what they may be so I just took the cushion off the chair. The ironing board cover was filthy. They either need to replace it or wash it. At night there were people who liked to have conversations in the corridor. I didn't notice when the TV was on but when my room was quite it was a bit annoying. I had a good stay and I would stay there again in spite of the evening noise and subpar housekeeping.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Nancy Z, Manager at Dynasty Forest Sandown Hotel, Apartments & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2017

Good day,

l appreciate of your comment.

i will definitely look into our hotels.com listing and correct the mis-presentation. We have 17 hotel rooms starting from R968 with 4 stars and 20 serviced luxury and spacious apartments starting from R2 640.

The room that you booked was our standard double room, we always pride ourselves with great cleaning as we always clean our rooms on a daily basis, therefore, we have noted your comments about the ironing board and cushion.

I hope when you return again, if you would like to check it out again, you will be able to find fresh and clean room again.

Reviewed October 21, 2017

We had a very poor experience staying at Dynasty. We booked a 'standard room' via Booking.com, however when we arrived we were given a studio of 10m2 with NO WINDOWS. To be clear, this was not stated on our confirmation letter.

When we tried to speak to the staff about this, they were from the get go extremely unfriendly and rude. The general manager who then helped us made a big deal out of pointing out that it was in fact listed. She even ended up phoning booking.com just to prove her point.
She then proceeded to print out some form, where indeed it is listed that there are no windows. We however never saw this form, but she said that you receive it AFTER you confirm the reservation. Note that by this time you will already have made the reservation on your creditcard.

But this is all besides the fact that obviously this hotel does not care for the wellbeing of their guests. This hotel is purposely misleading guests by posting flashy pictures and purposely not providing the conditions on forehand. This is the main reason for us not to recommend staying here.

However additional negatives points are EXTREME NOISE NUISANCE. The hallways are all tiled, and the room-doors open up into these hallways.
All noise travels straight into the room, which with the loud cleaning staff chattering away in front of the doors is super annoying. Besides this they are constantly wheeling equipment and what not to and fro. And we haven't even gone into the wild party guests coming home at 3am yelling at each other to be "quiet".

Besides this the WiFi and telephone were not working and the breakfast is expensive but poor. I asked for a seasonal fruit platter and was given an apple. Also it is very far (30min by uber) away from the center.

If we can advise anything it's not to stay here, instead stay in a hotel in the centre which there are plenty of for comparable rates. We will never come here again.

Room Tip: GO SOMEWHERE ELSE - do not believe the flashy images + noise nuisance
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank juul v

Good day

I acknowledge with your comments, however, i have your booking confirmation stating that you have booked a Bachelor Room with No Window, which was stated on the Booking.com and it was stated right on the property description page BEFORE you made the booking.

We tried to explain to you that your impression and your booking confirmation does not match, but you refused to understand.

We then offered that if you really do not want to stay at the Bachelor no window room that you booked for at R968 per night, we can upgrade to our Standard Room at R1 320 free of charge, but you refused. But we cannot refund you if you cancel the booking as we did nothing wrong.

You then started to threaten us that you work with Booking.com in Netherland and you will report us to them to make sure we will be closed down within a month.

So we had no choice but to call Booking.com to verify your booking, which Booking.com confirmed on the loud speaker unknowingly, that you reserved a Bachelor No Window room and the room description was clear. Booking.com further confirmed that you may cancel the booking but we do not need to refund you as we did nothing wrong.

After speaking with Booking.com, you have decided to stay and take our offer to stay at our Standard Room free of charge.

With all of your comments about the wheeling equipment, which we had no idea what it was as none of our cleaning ladies use wheeling equipment. For the cleaning ladies to chat in the corridor, we will look into it, but it is also very weird as we have one cleaning lady per floor, so there will not be 2nd cleaning lady to be the same floor where you were.

Lastly about the location, you may Google Map us to the sandton city cbd, which it will show you it is within 10 minutes drive.

We can understand your frustration from the reservation that you had a wrong impression which caused the entire stay unpleasant, we sincerely feel for you but cannot accept your comments that were not factual.

Have a nice day!

Reviewed October 20, 2017

I will not stay at this place again. Although location was ok, the rest was not good. Parking was tight. Rooms were small. Showerhead very low, its ok if you are of below average height. I had to upgrade from the bachelor room as it was the smallest room I have ever seen in my travels. No DSTV. Once upgraded I had DSTV with selected chainnels, the room was better, although still small. Your website oversells this place. For what I paid I could have booked a much better place somewhere else. You will not see me again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank rynod2017

Good day

Thank you for your comments and the reason our Bachelor Rooms were much cheaper than other 4 stars hotel rooms nearby, is because it has a small size and with limited TV channels.

Should you wish to have more facilities, maybe you can check our economy room and luxury room which is again very price competitive to nearby 4 stars hotel.

Reviewed July 28, 2017 via mobile

Amazing place. Booked two beds apartment for 3nights for my family came Joburg visited me. The place is secure and quite, clean kept, close to everything. Space and well equipped. will definitely book again.

Stayed: July 2017

Good day

Thank you for your comments and review.

We hope we will see you again when you travel to Sandton next time.

Reviewed July 10, 2017 via mobile

On the website it looks like a really nice hotel. We stayed for 5 nights and booked a penthouse. Not at ALL what we expected. Worse service ever. Unfriendly. Noisy. Worse parking. No lifts. We had to ask for a room on the floor because we could not get up and down on the steps to the penthouse. We did nit know when we booked about the steps. They put us in there smallest room on the ground floor with no refund. Small Showers. No mirrors in room. No hairdryers in room. We had to ask for toilet paper and later went and bought our own. When my husband sat on bed the bed broke. They charged us for the bed. Bad bad services and total waist of money. Would NOT recommend this hotel to anyone

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank elsief212
Management response:Responded July 11, 2017

Good day Thank you very much for your views and comments as this will help us to improve our services and maintenance. * Firstly we would like to comment on the lift issue - The hotel was built without lifts but only staircase. * You have requested to change the room to downstairs due to medical reason which we understand and we shifted you. * Since the booking was done through booking.com, in future kindly modify your booking through booking.com to avoid inconveniences. * We notify all our guest on check in, if there is any breakage during their stay a fee will be charged. * We as staff we have tried our level best to cater for your needs, e.g providing extra pillows, making a request to the management to charge you half price. * The staff were always there for you when you needed them, (Ask your husband) * Hairdryer is always available on request. * Tissues should be supplied to you everyday when we doing the daily cleaning. We apologies for that we will definitely correct this mistake immediately. We promise to provide you the best service the next time you visit our hotel with a good discount to be offered. Yours sincerely Blessing