“Good choice of the hotel*****Coastlands hotel on the ridge***” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Coastlands Musgrave Hotel

Coastlands Musgrave Hotel
Ranked #16 of 41 Hotels in Durban
Rustenburg, South Africa
“Good choice of the hotel*****Coastlands hotel on the ridge***”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2011

I was on my to durban and i didnt know where to stay but my father suggested that i should check in the coastland hotel on the market street,it was fully booked.When i got there they referred me to the coastlands on the ridge,the reception was very helpful to cause were not familiar with durban and we checkin in the Room 404 and Room 417 in september 2011.Damn the rooms were fantanstic with the great view of the CBD and Habour,Ocean,

Room Tip: Always take the ones with the balcony cause you can have nice breakfast and quiet dinner with the vi...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
      Rooms
3 Thank Neverland1987

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2011

The best feature of Coastlands on the Ridge is it's huge balconies on upper floors that give a panoramic view of Durban coastline. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. Internet has one time access fee but no usage limit after that. The hotel is clean and well maintained. The restaurant offers limited fair for international palette. There's no pool. I enjoyed staying over here.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Sundeep1211
auckland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2011

We arrived looking for two rooms as we were very unhappy with our guesthouse. We were welcomed warmly by the receptionist who arranged for us to see two rooms. We had made our minds up as soon as the door was opened!!!
My room 513 at the back of the hotel, quiet no elevator noise etc a spacious room with two single beds pushed together. Good beds, very important to me, with comfortable good quality pillows and bedding. Initially the drain in bathroom smelt but as soon as water was run disappeared. VERY CLEAN down to the decorative pillows on bed.
Plenty of tea, coffee and biscuits. It you dont eat biscuits they keep piling up!!! good quality too.
The STAFF are all smiling, friendly and bend over backwards to assist you. The receptionist who first welcomed us to the hotel was lovely she as well as the other staff really make this hotel.
One of my favourite places was the outside patio area where I had my coffee, lovely comfortable sofas. Very good coffee.
One day my friend and I were sitting having coffee outside wrapped up and the directors of the hotel asked us if we were warm enough..............now thats service!!!!!!!!!!!! They have gas heaters which we did not use.
Full Breakfast was included in price R850.
We had a buffet meal in restaurant which we were happy with.
I think most of the guests were business people did not notice any tourists but would highly recommend. Excellent for solo travellers especially women.
Thank you to everyone at Coastlands On The Ridge.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank lazybauckland
Owner R, Manager at Coastlands Musgrave Hotel, responded to this review, 10 September 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valued feedback, It gives me great pleasure to hear that you have enjoyed so many aspects of the hotel. We take great pride in the work we do and I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for your valued support.

I look forward to welcoming you to the Coastlands Musgrave Hotel once again in the near future.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2011

Brand new business hotel by a mall north of Durban decorated to a fairly high spec but in very dubious taste. The rooms are quite large.
Seems to be run by an untrained skeleton crew. No wifi in most of the rooms and no cables for the LAN which the staff insist doesn't work anyway. Kitchen closed the night I was there. A rather tired buffet or sandwiches at the bar. A chees and tomato panini was served cold with oven chips.

• Stayed May 2011
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank Drcarlin

Travellers are raving about these Durban hotels

Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2010

Went to Durban on business in August and was given two hotels to choose from by my local colleagues and opted for the Coastlands and must say I did not regret my choice.

The pick up from the airport went well although my flight arrived half an hour early - I also had different experiences with airport pick ups on that trip - and after half an hour or so transfer to the hotel I was greeted friendly by the reception staff. I must say that I was always greeted by name once I came into sight of the receiption throughout the three days of my stay, it made me feel very welcome and special given that I wasn't the only guest and I myslf have a particularly poor memory for names.

The room was clean, normal hotel room size I'd say, but was really special was the huge balcony facing the ocean (as I learnt later, on request of my colleagues I had a 'seaview room') .

One thing I had to stuggle with - also in other hotels in South Africa - was the wifi internet. I guess this was more related to my computer rather to the hotel. Luckily they still have a wall socket to plug in a LAN cable which one can borrow from the reception.

Summarizing I can say I'd choose the Coastlands again should I get to visit Durban again.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business