All reviews spa bath forest suite the bar dining area sand forest amazing weekend watch birds included in the rate take care of your every need spur of the moment natural setting romantic getaway next morning nature lovers rooms are beautiful peace and tranquility false bay a great stay
Reviewed May 27, 2012

We had a great stay at the Leopard Walk Lodge. The place is wonderful and quiet. At night, Zebras come to the dining area and the huge compound gives a home to several african annimals (Gnus, Zebra, Monkeys, ..)

The owner and the staff are very helpful and give their best to keep this place clean and tidy. There are several activities around this place to do (Hluhluwe Nt. Park, Sodwana Bay, Crocodile Farm,etc).

I can highly recommend a stay in this lodge.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed March 29, 2012

For our honeymoon destination we chose this place, and were quite impressed when enteríng the compound, as we were greated by a herd of Zebra. Very nice.
We checked in, and it was indeed very private, as we had our own house, and it was secluded.
Dinner that evening, was very traditional for this part of the world, which was fine, but when similar dishes were served for the remainder of our stay, it got a bit tedious.
After a good nights sleep, we met Rob, the owner, or Boss, as he was refered to as being for the remainder of our stay, as this was the only time we actually met him. He advised us as to which attractions where in the area, and we had a pleasent enough stay.

Now, being from overseas, I had submitted my creditcard details, and payment was made, with an inclusion of 5% for "services rendered" I might be a bit naïve, but I expected this would be to cover any drinks etc. we might have from the bar, for the duration of our stay, however I was wrong. The money was to cover the creditcard fee, which I later learned, is not the done thing. In fact, small businessholders I know in SA, have told me that this is in fact not legal procedure, and when I wrote to Leopard Walk Lodge, to ask for a refund, I never heard back!

I must say, that I am very upset, that I as a foreigner, have been met with such disgraceful treatment, and as I expect there are quite a lot of foreigners visiting, they should be aware of this conduct.

Still waiting to hear from them, but doubt it will happen.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
9  Thank cht38
Reviewed March 10, 2012

we have never done anything like this before,it was great. out in the bush in the middle of nowhere being a couple of townies we found it very scary at first.! the rooms are very large and comfy loved the hot tub outside!! thanks to sindy for catering for us and the other girl who's name i cant remember.had a brilliant time visiting the area would recommend this place as a base.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank masonace1
Reviewed January 11, 2012

The last year, this lodge was one of our favorites - so it was clear we will come back during our next visit in South Africa.
Again, we were very satisfied with this lodge. The rooms are outstanding, every couple has its own house of approx. sixty square meters plus a huge terrace including a private hot tub. The walls are almost complete windows so there's a real 'bush feeling'. By night, the sounds of the animals are incredible. Since the lodge is far away from other lodges and/or villages, the perfect darkness guarantees perfect views to the starlit sky.
Driving to this lodge is not the same than driving to a hotel in the town - you have to go some kilometers on unpaved, sandy roads. So we wouldn't come to here for just one night. In this case, you wouldn't be able to enjoy the great accommodation and tranquility of this place - the greatest advantage of this lodge!
The food is not gourmet, but home cooking. Expect braas, not amuse gueules. If you need anything, just ask and Rob and the team will try to help you!
It's some kilometers to the surrounding national parks (which are as good as the Kruger NP), breakfast doesn't start before seven. So if you want to be very early in the parks, this maybe isn't the first choice. But if you want to relax for some days, we can highly recommend staying here!
For more details, see my review from the year before (in German).

The next visit is already booked...

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KurtMA
Reviewed January 11, 2012

Leopard Walk Lodge had stunning rooms - private (you see no other guests), glass walls make you feel closer to the forest, outside spa-bath was a nice touch. We recommend - not more than 3 nights at the lodge, canoeing with hippos (Muzi Pan adventure), horse riding with Hluhluwe River Trails (we did the bush ride at Falaza), St Lucia day trip, eat out at Amarello. The food at the lodge was nice,home cooked and large portions but if you stay for longer than 2 days the meals feel monotonous.

Room Tip: Older rooms are 3star, newer ones are 4star. Book early.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple