All reviews gateway mall walking distance heated pool breakfast and dinner breakfast staff excellent hotel the hotel staff in room dining clean rooms enjoyed my stay close proximity hotel is situated excellent stay bar fridge keep up the good work business hotel minute drive
Reviewed September 13, 2018 via mobile

A short, but sweet stay. The room was beautiful and I loved the fact that the decor was carefully selected and themed. The evening buffet was ok, although the beef curry was tough as leather. The lamb roast made up for it though. Breakfast was predictable, but adequate. Altogether a good experience.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
grdncrtmill, Manager at Garden Court Umhlanga, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2018

Dear hannetjiee,

Thank you very much for taking the time and effort to post your thoughts on the tripadvisor website after your recent stay at the Garden Court in uMhlanga Rocks.We do welcome your feedback.

I have taken note of your comments and I do apologise to you for the issue which you have raised in respect of the food. I have taken the matter up with the relevant people. I am at the same time happy to see that by and large you did enjoy your stay with us. We are grateful to you for bringing the good and the not so good to our attention and I do assure you of our commitment to address the issues which you have raised as a concern.

Please do feel free to contact me should I be able to assist you any further with this or at any stage in the future.

Reviewed September 13, 2018

Not what I expected for Umhlanga.I expected the same level of service experienced at other Tsogo Sun hotels. No water in rooms. No low gi bread. No lotion in bathroom. Only one shower gel, not enough for twice a day shower

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business

Dear joepillay,

Thank you very much for posting your thoughts and the details of your stay on the tripadvisor website after your recent stay at the Garden Court in uMhlanga Rocks. We do welcome your feedback and value your custom.

I have taken note of your comments and I do regret to see that we have fallen well short of your expectations in a wide variety of areas. The full content of your comments has been taken under review with the relevant people in the service chain. Regrettably bottled water in the rooms does not form part of the 3 star standards but is available on request from bar the bar outlet on the premises at the advertised prices. Additional amenities are also available on request should you so require and we regret that this was not communicated to you.

We remain grateful to you for bringing this to our attention and I do remain available should I be able to stasis you at any stage in the future.

Reviewed September 12, 2018

Carpets had a terrible stent makinng it impossible for me to breath!!! Why not move with the times and remove the carpeting all together I mean its in Umhlanga, the warmest part of South Africa as you are failing to care for the carpets properly.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business

Dear Nokuhanya G,

Thank you very much for passing your thoughts on to us via the tripadvisor platform after your recent stay at the Garden Court in uMhlanga Rocks. We do welcome your feedback and value your patronage.

I have taken note of your comments in respect of the carpeting and we have removed the carpet in order to detect the source of the odour which you have detailed. We do apologise to you for this and we deeply regret the discomfort which was caused as a result of this.

Please do feel free to contact me should you require any further assistance or help at any stage in the future.

Reviewed September 10, 2018

I was not happy with the check in because they did not find my reservation immediately they had to call me back after they gave me the room with my colleague name. The dinner was not the best at all I had to order room service instead of exepriencing dining room service.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo

Dear mkwanazitshidiso44,

Thank you very much for sharing the details of your stay with us on the tripadvisor website after your recent stay at the garden Court in uMhlanga Rocks. We do welcome your feedback and value your custom.

I have taken note of your comments and I do first and foremost apologise to you for the areas which you have listed as being sub standard . We do take this most seriously and we remain committed to ensure that the full content of your assessment receives the attention that is deserves.

Reviewed September 10, 2018

Having been a 'Southern Sun' member for many years, it was good to find that Garden Court Umhlanga is upholding their standards. It is very centrally located and always kept meticulously clean. The decor of all sections of the hotel and the rooms are very tastefully done. One certainly appreciates the reasonable rates especially off peak.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family

Dear aminab545,

Thank you very much for communicating with us via the tripadvisor website after your recent stay at the Garden Court in uMhlanga Rocks. We do welcome your feedback.

Fist and foremost we are delighted to see that you have had a successful stay with us and that you enjoyed the time that you spent at our hotel. We remain grateful for the support which you have given us and the other hotels in our group over an extended period of time.

We do hope to see you back with us when you are next in the uMhlanga area.

Please do feel free to contact me should I be able to assist you any further at any stage in the future.