All reviews gateway mall walking distance heated pool breakfast and dinner breakfast staff excellent hotel the hotel staff in room dining clean rooms enjoyed my stay close proximity hotel is situated excellent stay bar fridge keep up the good work business hotel minute drive
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Good stay near Gateway shopping mall. Hotel is sufficient for a short business stay visit, but no sea views from rooms. Too far to walk to the beach, but easy to find Uber close by. Staff was helpful.

Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels
grdncrtmill, Manager at Garden Court Umhlanga, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Adri250,

Thank you very much for passing your thoughts on to us via the tripadvisor website after your recent stay at the Garden Court in uMhlanga Rocks.We do welcome your feedback and value your custom.

I am happy to see that your stay went well and that you pound our hotel to be suitable to your requirements. It was a pleasure to be of service to you and we do hope to see you back with us when you are next in the uMhlanga area.

Please do let me know if I can assist you any further with this or if I can be of any further assistance to you at any stage in the future.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I would like to propose that you include a bowl of Porridge at the dinner and thanks to the woman who agreed to cook it during or visit for 3 days in the 5 days stay. My big thanks you goes to Gugulethu, Mphumu, Mbali, Gugu and Joseph with their wonderful smile and the best hospitality.My other proposal is to have food wrapped with at access to drinks for those who check in Sunday late, as some flights got delayed and affected us to check in after dinner. We had to drive after 23h00 to look for food.Last is the television upgrade with a port that can accommodate external hard drive for guest to watch/play their own movies.

Dear maakesc,

Thank you very much for taking the time and effort to review after your recent stay at the Tsogo Sun Garden Court in uMhlanga Rocks on the tripadvisor website.We do welcome your feedback and we remain grateful for your custom.

We as a team are delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our hotel and location to be suitable to your requirements and expectations. We are grateful to you for specifically acknowledging the members of staff who have made a positive impact on your stay and we will share your salutation with Gugulethu,Mphumu, Imbali, Gugu and Joseph.

It was a pleasure to be able to be of service to you and we do hope to see you back at our hotel when you are next in the uMhlanga area.

Please feel free to contact me should your require any further assistance in the future.

Lance Dixon.
Garden Court uMhlanga Rocks.

Reviewed September 13, 2018 via mobile

A short, but sweet stay. The room was beautiful and I loved the fact that the decor was carefully selected and themed. The evening buffet was ok, although the beef curry was tough as leather. The lamb roast made up for it though. Breakfast was predictable, but adequate. Altogether a good experience.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business

Dear hannetjiee,

Thank you very much for taking the time and effort to post your thoughts on the tripadvisor website after your recent stay at the Garden Court in uMhlanga Rocks.We do welcome your feedback.

I have taken note of your comments and I do apologise to you for the issue which you have raised in respect of the food. I have taken the matter up with the relevant people. I am at the same time happy to see that by and large you did enjoy your stay with us. We are grateful to you for bringing the good and the not so good to our attention and I do assure you of our commitment to address the issues which you have raised as a concern.

Please do feel free to contact me should I be able to assist you any further with this or at any stage in the future.

Reviewed September 13, 2018

Not what I expected for Umhlanga.I expected the same level of service experienced at other Tsogo Sun hotels. No water in rooms. No low gi bread. No lotion in bathroom. Only one shower gel, not enough for twice a day shower

Dear joepillay,

Thank you very much for posting your thoughts and the details of your stay on the tripadvisor website after your recent stay at the Garden Court in uMhlanga Rocks. We do welcome your feedback and value your custom.

I have taken note of your comments and I do regret to see that we have fallen well short of your expectations in a wide variety of areas. The full content of your comments has been taken under review with the relevant people in the service chain. Regrettably bottled water in the rooms does not form part of the 3 star standards but is available on request from bar the bar outlet on the premises at the advertised prices. Additional amenities are also available on request should you so require and we regret that this was not communicated to you.

We remain grateful to you for bringing this to our attention and I do remain available should I be able to stasis you at any stage in the future.

Reviewed September 12, 2018

Carpets had a terrible stent makinng it impossible for me to breath!!! Why not move with the times and remove the carpeting all together I mean its in Umhlanga, the warmest part of South Africa as you are failing to care for the carpets properly.

Dear Nokuhanya G,

Thank you very much for passing your thoughts on to us via the tripadvisor platform after your recent stay at the Garden Court in uMhlanga Rocks. We do welcome your feedback and value your patronage.

I have taken note of your comments in respect of the carpeting and we have removed the carpet in order to detect the source of the odour which you have detailed. We do apologise to you for this and we deeply regret the discomfort which was caused as a result of this.

Please do feel free to contact me should you require any further assistance or help at any stage in the future.