“Fantastic light lunch second year in a row”

Zucchini Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 32 Restaurants in Wilderness
Price range: US$4 - US$15
Cuisines: Contemporary, International
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Zucchini is blushing from all the attention... Voted in the "Top 20 Culinary Destinations" in the Garden Route for three years running as voted by the Chaines des Rotisseurs. Also voted best "Family Restaurant" in the Garden route for the last two years. If walls of this honest country restaurant could talk the conversation would include words of fresh,vibrant, from scratch, home grown organic and compliments to the chef. To us simplicity is the key. You can expect dishes filled with flavour, a taste experience for the natural foodie. Zucchini Restaurant is in the Timberlake Organic Village in Wilderness. We offer a selection of Vegetarian meals but also offer game dishes like the "Springbok Shank" or our "Trio of Carpaccio". A mix of local-made micro brews from the tap! 32 Different types of local beers to taste, not to be missed. Play park for the kids, and a host of activities to keep them busy while you relax on our couches and sip a glass of wine.
Reviewed October 6, 2017

My husband and I had an amazing lunch at Zucchini during May 2016 and on 27 September2017 on our way back from Plettenberg Bay to George Airport we could not resist to have a light lunch at Zucchini.

We were warmly welcomed and chose a table outside in the garden. Our waitress, Siphokazi was very friendly and helpful with suggestions. The menu is reasonably priced in comparison to the superior quality of our meals. The menu boasts an interesting selection of mouthwatering dishes to choose from. I had a carafe (or two) of 250 ml Slanghoek Sauvignon Blanc which was a perfect companion to my meal.

We both ordered the Calamari starter. The portion size was more than ample to serve as a light meal. The calamari was fried to perfection, bursting with flavour and melt in the mouth tender. We thoroughly enjoyed very blissful bite of savouriness.

My husband discovered the cake selection inside and immediately called me to choose two slices of cake to share. We decided on a slice of Lemon Cheese cake and Chocolate cake. The portion sizes were generous. I do not in general have a sweet tooth but the moment I took my first bite of cheese cake I was hooked. It was the best I tasted in a long while – my husband had to “wrestle” me from the cheese cake in order to have the last bite. We had an Americano coffee and Double Cappuccino respectively which was the perfect ending of an amazing lunch.

We wish to extend a belated happy 10th birthday to Zucchini – may all involved be blessed and go from strength to strength. We will be back next year.

1  Thank zerwickrenatevictor
Stephan H, Manager at Zucchini Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2017

Hi, Zerwickrenatevictor!!

Thank you so much for your wonderfully positive review. Our waitress Siphokazi really enjoyed serving you and we are happy that your dining experience with us was a satisfying one. We really hope to see you soon so you can try the many other wonderful dishes and cakes we have to offer!

Kind regards

Reviewed September 28, 2017 via mobile

Zucchini is always popular with our family. The atmosphere is relaxed and the decor is lovely! We love the burgers and the mussels.

Reviewed September 17, 2017 via mobile

I hate posting negative reviews but we went for lunch at Zucchini and both my wife and I could not finish out fried calamari dishes as it was soggy and oily as were our fries, really disappointed.

Stephan H, Manager at Zucchini Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2017

Dear Kingfisher

I'm disappointed your meal was not up standard as we always strive and make it our goal to serve the best quality of food to our customers. Calamari and chips are fried which makes them an oily food but our goal is to make sure they come out golden brown and crispy not soggy and for this I do apologize. However with that being said I truly hope you will visit us again so we can rectify your previous visit with us. Hope to see you soon..

Kind regards management

Reviewed September 12, 2017 via mobile

Happy 10th birthday guys!!
Cheers to many more..............

Thanks for an excellent time spend with you guys.

Since our 1st stop a few years ago, we've never passed Timberlake Village again.

Sundays are really special with your live music and just the whole vibe to compliment the excellent food.

Staff are all well trained and know the menu and special by heart.

Owner always around, moving between tables.

Thank you!!

Stephan H, Manager at Zucchini Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2017

Jacques H

Thank you so much for your positive review and kind words about our restaurant. We truly take pride in what we do and love what we do and i'm thrilled you enjoyed your experience with us. Hopefully we will see you for our 11th birthday or hopefully sooner.

Kind regards

Reviewed September 1, 2017

We ate breakfast here every day and really wished we had more room for more food! Traditional foods with some unique touches. Lovely and cozy place to be.

EmiVietnam

Thank you for your positive review and thank you for picking our restaurant.
We hope to see you soon.

Kind Regards