1,060 results
All reviews coral tree zimbali resort indian restaurant golf course beach club indian ocean south africa world class attention to detail cape town beautiful place long weekend stunning views pools spa swimming concierge
Reviewed September 23, 2018 via mobile

The Fairmont is the epitome of luxury. This beautiful resort is situated on the shores of Ballito Beach, surrounded by lush green forests and wildlife. The resort reminds one of a Mauritian resort.

The check in was quick and easy. The room located on the 6th floor was elegant, boasting uninterrupted views of the Indian Ocean. The room was large with a king bed, huge shower, bathtub and separate toilet. There was also a walk in closet. All the amenities were top notch

Breakfast was amazing. Loads of variety and very tasty. The pools were well situated and very beautiful.

This is a great resort and I hope to return one day soon

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
FairmontZimbali, General Manager at Fairmont Zimbali Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2018

Dear Riaz

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

We are delighted to hear that your stay with us exceeded your expectations! It brings us great pleasure to hear positive feedback and we will definitely share this with our Team. There is a certain peacefulness to starting one’s day with breathtaking views and the beauty of nature surrounding you. We are happy to be able to share this with you. We are also thrilled to hear that you found that check-in was quick and easy, the room offering with amenities made an impression on you, and that you took pleasure in the breakfast variety and pools at the Resort.

We hope that you will visit us again soon giving us the opportunity to provide you with many more memorable moments.

Reviewed September 21, 2018

We stayed a night here on our wedding night. Beautiful room with a rose petal turn down and tub ready for a nice soak. Good breakfast too. Views of the sea was lovely. Will definitely return for a longer stay.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Ranjeetha

Thank you for sharing your Honeymoon experience with us.

We are ecstatic to hear that your stay with us exceeded your expectations and that you chose to celebrate your recent nuptials with us! We are happy to hear that the room offering with the romantic rose petal turn down and bath tub left a lasting impression on you, as well as the breakfast selection and ocean views.

We look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us in the near future for many more special occasions.

Reviewed September 19, 2018

We had a lovely time - some great meals. Enjoyed the squash, though reception a little overchallenged at what we needed to do to use courts. Hadn't realised the sea was not for swimming in. Beach lovely for walking -- great exercise. Hotel felt a little unloved and tatty.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with fairmont.com
FairmontZimbali, General Manager at Fairmont Zimbali Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2018

Dear rgeyer518632

We appreciate you taking the time to share your review with us.

It is lovely to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and that you delighted in our food offering, squash court availability and beach access. We are sorry to see however that your stay did not meet your overall expectations.

We hope that you will visit us again allowing us another opportunity to exceed your experience with us.

Reviewed September 18, 2018

I stayed at the Villas at Zimbali Fairmont with my Family around 10th July to 15th July 2018. Very disappointing stay. Service was very poor. The Zimabli Fairmont have basically 3 types of accomodation, as I understand. The standard rooms hotel , The Suites and The Villas. I believe the hotel is always booked because of corporate business. I had booked a Villa. But they are not equipped to service the Villas. Neither are the Villas luxuriously furnished. It was not at all value for money. For those planning to visit Zimbali Fairmont, please avoid the Villas and Suites. May be you get value for money in the Hotel. I would not want to go back to this Hotel . I have stayed at several Fairmont properties around the globe but this one did not match any of the other Fairmonts as far as service and quality is concerned.

Room Tip: Do not stay at the Villas. you will surely regret it.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Pramod G

Dear Pramod

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

We are sorry to hear that your time staying at one of our villas did not meet your expectations, and that you left the hotel disappointed with your stay. We work hard to improve the value of our services and we have shared your review with our team to improve moving forward.

We hope that you will give us another opportunity to turn moments into memories for you on another stay in the future.

Reviewed September 3, 2018

From the moment I pulled up to the resort and were immediately greeted by staff in uniforms designed to reflect Zulu and Indian culture that valet my car and took my suitcases as they guided me through the hotel via a walkway, framed by a garden, over a water feature and past urns of fountains. All of the staff was so welcoming and warm, it honestly felt like a different universe and if I was on my little private island.

The hotel lobby and lounge areas are the first impressions you get of what is to come when you arrive. Vaulted floor-to-ceiling windows stretch up and across the hotel to present never-ending vistas of the expansive Indian Ocean with the rhythm of the waves providing a soothing lullaby.

For this particular stay, I was booked into one of their Deluxe Sea View Room. This 46 sqm room is a beautiful open planned space has authentically African inspired décor that is spread across the room which features a walk-in wardrobe with digital safe, work desk with internet. As is the standard these days for a luxury hotel, the bathroom at Fairmont Zimbali Resort has a separate shower area which conveniently comes equipped with a rain shower and a gorgeous soaking tub that I took full advantage of, especially with the drought we are experiencing in Cape Town. Toiletries come all the way from London and are from Rose 31 by Le Labo, possibly my most favorite toiletry brand for hotels!

However, the most impressive aspect of this room must be of the Indian Ocean and pool area that reminded me of a villa somewhere in Thailand.
Dining at Fairmont Zimbali Resort.

The food experience was out of this world, and it made for a unique culinary experience during our stay.

By and large, I had a pretty fantastic experience at Fairmont Zimbali Resort. I love how the staff friendliness and service here, it indeed adds to its 5 star standards. All in all, I would be delighted to recommend and return to Fairmont Zimbali Resort.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank LorindaVoges
FairmontZimbali, General Manager at Fairmont Zimbali Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2018

Dear Lorinda

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

We are delighted to hear that your stay with us exceeded your expectations! Thank you for taking the time to share your beautifully detailed review with us. It brings us great pleasure to hear positive feedback and we will definitely share this with our Team. We love to turn moments into memories for our guests are we are thrilled that we were able to do this for you! There is a certain peacefulness to starting one’s day with breathtaking views and the beauty of nature surrounding you and we are happy to be able to share the tranquility of our resort with you.