US$181
At Dom's B&B(Ballito)
Zimbali Lodge(Ballito)
  • Pool
Agoda.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed July 8, 2015

My husband and I arrived at Forrest Suites Hotel for a mid year break. Upon arrival there was only a receptionist seated behind a desk. No other staff was visible. I went to find out where the check in desk was as there was no one to great Us and was told I was at the right place. I have the receptionistmy details to check in and was told that my reservation was moved to 2 days later without us knowing, however because they had room we were able to check in. We had to off load our bags ourselves, despite this being a luxury resort.

We were taken to our "suite" and shock and disgust continued further. The door handle scanner was attached with black masking tape. The room smelt of mildew and dust. There was dead insects on the bed. The bathroom looked like it hadn't been cleaned in a while, I mean the bathtub was covered in a layer of dirt. The shower and toilet floors were filthy. The balcony door to the bedroom was broke and couldn't lock, not that that would make a difference since the main door handle was held together with masking tape. The balcony looked it probably hadn't been cleaned in weeks or more. The place is in a total state of disrepair and neglect.

I am shocked that this place can still call itself a luxury hotel. We were utterly appalled at the state of this place and the lack of service. They advise that you get your own golf cart, however one was not provided. We were also never told where any of the amenities could be found, we were just dumped in the room to fend for ourselves.

This place is a stain in the Zimbali coastal resort. The website is extremely deceiving and couldn't be further from the truth. You would better off staying in a motel. We left within the hour and never looked back!

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank rnaicker2015
Reviewed April 24, 2015 via mobile

From the minute we arrived the experience was shocking, Mangwanani has taken over for Fairmont and it clearly shows! No beds for the kids at arrival, no bedding once moved, then no towels, no teaspoons, (ongoing fight every day to get basic amenities) golf carts not maintained in 2 years and very dangerous(when you can get one), staff insult guests and the kids at breakfast, what a mess!!!

Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank decjones
Reviewed January 18, 2015

My partner and I decided to have a short break over the New Year at Zimbali. We were delighted when we were able to book a room at what appeared to be a luxury getaway destination. You can imagine our disappointment upon arrival when, from the outset, it became apparent our stay would fall well short of our expectations. In spite being advertised with a golf cart and butler we were told that these were no longer offered. After a delay, we were shown to our room which eclipsed this beyond our worst imaginations. The room, whilst spacious, was in a state of neglect. The shower had clearly not been cleaned for weeks, the carpets and curtain had turned brown with dirt, the outside sitting area looked as though it had not been cleaned for months. There were no hangers in the cupboard and a request for some took 5 hours and involved the recptionist putting the phone down rather than managing our request. On asking for an iron, this took a day to arrive and when it did it could only be described as dangerous having obviously been dropped and with the main power cable worn through and then taped. The glasses that were provided in the room had not been cleaned and this become particularly evident when they were found to have been returned to the cupboard with residue of the drink from the previous night.
Breakfast was a slow and tedious process (I suggest avoiding the red velvet cupcakes which I suspect had been in the display for some days) and whilst the staff were well meaning and attempted to be helpful, they were clearly overwhelmed and under capacity. The manager seemed aloof and disengaged from both the guests and the difficulties being faced by the staff.
In summary this was a dismal experience and I would strongly suggest that alternative accommodation is sought on the Zimbali Estate, which is beautiful and worth visiting for a relaxing break.

Room Tip: Stay at the Zimbali Lodge!
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Smorar
Reviewed January 3, 2015 via mobile

After having been at zimbali ️resort for 10 nights, we stayed here for our last 4 nights at forest suites hotel. We were highly disappointed upon arrival from very horrible wallpaintings, smelly room, poor quality and insufficient bath towels, dead and alive insects all over the place including a baby snake. Caught a glimpse of the filthy duvet inner which was on our children's bed which was disgusting. Second night it rained where the room had two massive leaks which wet the floor and management never came to assess the situation, and help clean up or apologise after 3 calls to reception. Very little or no maintenance takes place and the rooms are in need of an extreme makeover. This is far from luxury, at best this is 3 star, a motel would offer better service and accommodation. Not a compliment to the rest of the zimbali estate.

Stayed: January 2015
2  Thank W7325VUmariam
Reviewed September 25, 2013

My wife turned the BIG 40 (dare I say)! We stayed at the Forest Suites for a week and it was pure bliss. We have stayed here a couple of times before but this time was very special. From the moment we walked in until our departure we were made to feel very special. Our dinners at Thandi was exceptional. I can recommend the curry. Being a lover of spicy foods, the chef is an expert.

The rooms are well appointed, the bathroom are great and boasts a outdoor shower.

Room Tip: Room 4 comes with own parking
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple