All reviews golf course infinity pool the main hotel dark wood golf buggies indian ocean housekeeping staff private beach rooms are spacious curries longer stay beach resort golf estate short stay minute drive reception area turn down service
Reviewed December 23, 2015

We got a warm welcome from the friendly staff members. The rooms were outstanding with all the necessities that guests will love to have. I enjoyed the golf cart that ferry us from one destination to the next. The price that is charged for cart transport to the beach, at R180, return(less than 5km) is unreasonable, and must be reviewed.
The staff at the Thandi breakfast restaurant were excellent at their job. Well done, people, keep up the good work.
The cart drivers were always punctual and courteous as is expected of such an establishment.
Room service, was excellent, I particularly appreciated the turn down service every evening. Wow!!
Of course, the prices for drinks and extras at the pool are a total a rip-off.
I think we will go back to this lodge, in the near future.

Room Tip: All rooms are the same with jungle view or sea view!
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
FairmontZimbali, Guest Relations Manager at Zimbali Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2015

Dear Mataks

Thank you for your lovely review.

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to exceed your expectations. We appreciate your feedback regarding the costs and will review your concerns.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed December 21, 2015 via mobile

I am currently staying at the Zimbali lodge. Room is nice, but this pretends to be a 5 star hotel and has almost no hotel features. No room service, service a 2/10, facilities 2/10. Food is reasonably price and taste is reasonable commensurate with price.
The pool was very relaxed until it was completely crazy with 15 screaming kids (and I have kids too)
Not impressed and every interaction with staff has been pretty average. You can't charge 5 star rates and deliver 2 star service and last too long!
I would not stay here again.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank obee_konobee
FairmontZimbali, General Manager at Zimbali Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2015

Dear obee_konobee

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable review with us.

We are sorry to hear that your stay did not meet expectations and that you left feeling disappointed by your experience with us. Your concerns are valued and we hope to improve on our service delivery going forward.

Thank you once again for your feedback.

Reviewed December 11, 2015 via mobile

Location is great. My concern is that Zimbali Lodge is not safe not just for cars but people too and if anything happens to you as a guest you are on your own. Our holiday was spoiled on the very second day We were at Zimbali Lodge. On that dreadful Sunday a tree in the parking lot, fell on top of our vehicle. This was not just damages to the car but also a very expensive vacation spoiled. While junior staff members were sympathetic, I note with concern that the lodge mananger never made contact with me or took any responsibility. Instead I got a letter from the Lodge attorney saying I should contact my insurance to get my vehicle fixed fir they could not be held responsible. Please note that if I had reversed into a tree or drove over the lawn I would have been fined. But when my vehicle is damaged while legally parked in the designated parking they are not willing to take responsibility.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
4  Thank Lungelo B

Dear Lungelo B

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

We are sorry to hear about the challenges that you were faced with during your stay with us. As an official representative has already been in contact with you to discuss this matter, we are unfortunately unable to make any further comments regarding the accident.

Reviewed December 2, 2015

Travelling through South Africa I stayed one night at this lodge in Ballito. It's a beautifull place in great surroundings on a golf course but not all services are avail;balbe anymore.
There is no restaurant for dinner anymore and the bar is closed at night. You have to go to the Hotel by golfcart or bus to get some food or a drink in the evening. They call it a lodge but it's just a place to stay. Not more. It's a pity because the hotel is beautifull. So check first the availability of the services in the lodge.

Room Tip: Try to get a ldoge with a view on the golfcourse and the ocean
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank benvaesen
FairmontZimbali, Guest Relations Manager at Zimbali Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2015

Dear benvaesen

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us.

We are glad that you enjoyed the scenery and tranquility of the beautiful Fairmont Zimbali Lodge. We would like to apologise for any inconveniences that you may have experienced due to the limited dining facilities available at our property. We hope that this did not hinder your stay with us and that you will be sure to return in the future.

Thank you once again for your review.

Reviewed November 22, 2015

Well yes a beautifull hotel. The lodge with 76 rooms is part of a very big resort. Yet the lodge is located up the hill with a beautiful view at the sea (15 minutes walk). The hotel and staff do make you feel very welcome. The breakfast was all right. For lunch and dinner you had to take a short ride to the big hotel near the beach. That was no problem at all as the hotel has mini vans driving you there and picking you up again. We had a good lunch at the 31 Degrees bar. And the diner at the Coral Tree restaurant was great. An exellent choise of South African, French, Italian, Indian, Japanese (sushi) etc. A lot to do in the earea. We went for instance to Durban, to the foodbal stadion to take the hudge swing. The hotel can book all the trips for you.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family