All reviews golf course the main hotel housekeeping staff indian ocean private beach south africa rooms are spacious short stay longer stay reception area beautiful place stunning views pools estate carts sea monkeys
Reviewed December 27, 2015 via mobile

I am honestly applaud by the conditions of the lodge. In lodge 705 the bed in the main bedroom is making a noise even on just touching. This is the picture of the couch in the living area. Spoke to reception but nothing resolved.Just told that the lodge is fully booked, not much can be done. Really for a five star???

Trip type: Travelled with family
FairmontZimbali, Guest Relations Manager at Zimbali Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2015

Dear Pego M

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

We are sorry to hear that your stay did not meet your expectations and that your concerns were not resolved to your satisfaction. We apologise for any inconveniences that you may have endured and hope to deliver a more memorable experience to you in the future.

Thank you once again for your review.

Reviewed December 23, 2015

We got a warm welcome from the friendly staff members. The rooms were outstanding with all the necessities that guests will love to have. I enjoyed the golf cart that ferry us from one destination to the next. The price that is charged for cart transport to the beach, at R180, return(less than 5km) is unreasonable, and must be reviewed.
The staff at the Thandi breakfast restaurant were excellent at their job. Well done, people, keep up the good work.
The cart drivers were always punctual and courteous as is expected of such an establishment.
Room service, was excellent, I particularly appreciated the turn down service every evening. Wow!!
Of course, the prices for drinks and extras at the pool are a total a rip-off.
I think we will go back to this lodge, in the near future.

Room tip: All rooms are the same with jungle view or sea view!
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Mataks

Thank you for your lovely review.

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to exceed your expectations. We appreciate your feedback regarding the costs and will review your concerns.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed December 21, 2015 via mobile

I am currently staying at the Zimbali lodge. Room is nice, but this pretends to be a 5 star hotel and has almost no hotel features. No room service, service a 2/10, facilities 2/10. Food is reasonably price and taste is reasonable commensurate with price.
The pool was very relaxed until it was completely crazy with 15 screaming kids (and I have kids too)
Not impressed and every interaction with staff has been pretty average. You can't charge 5 star rates and deliver 2 star service and last too long!
I would not stay here again.

3  Thank obee_konobee
FairmontZimbali, General Manager at Zimbali Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2015

Dear obee_konobee

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable review with us.

We are sorry to hear that your stay did not meet expectations and that you left feeling disappointed by your experience with us. Your concerns are valued and we hope to improve on our service delivery going forward.

Thank you once again for your feedback.

Reviewed December 11, 2015 via mobile

Location is great. My concern is that Zimbali Lodge is not safe not just for cars but people too and if anything happens to you as a guest you are on your own. Our holiday was spoiled on the very second day We were at Zimbali Lodge. On that dreadful Sunday a tree in the parking lot, fell on top of our vehicle. This was not just damages to the car but also a very expensive vacation spoiled. While junior staff members were sympathetic, I note with concern that the lodge mananger never made contact with me or took any responsibility. Instead I got a letter from the Lodge attorney saying I should contact my insurance to get my vehicle fixed fir they could not be held responsible. Please note that if I had reversed into a tree or drove over the lawn I would have been fined. But when my vehicle is damaged while legally parked in the designated parking they are not willing to take responsibility.

Date of stay: November 2015
4  Thank Lungelo B

Dear Lungelo B

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

We are sorry to hear about the challenges that you were faced with during your stay with us. As an official representative has already been in contact with you to discuss this matter, we are unfortunately unable to make any further comments regarding the accident.

Reviewed December 2, 2015

Travelling through South Africa I stayed one night at this lodge in Ballito. It's a beautifull place in great surroundings on a golf course but not all services are avail;balbe anymore.
There is no restaurant for dinner anymore and the bar is closed at night. You have to go to the Hotel by golfcart or bus to get some food or a drink in the evening. They call it a lodge but it's just a place to stay. Not more. It's a pity because the hotel is beautifull. So check first the availability of the services in the lodge.

Room tip: Try to get a ldoge with a view on the golfcourse and the ocean
Date of stay: November 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank benvaesen
FairmontZimbali, Guest Relations Manager at Zimbali Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2015

Dear benvaesen

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us.

We are glad that you enjoyed the scenery and tranquility of the beautiful Fairmont Zimbali Lodge. We would like to apologise for any inconveniences that you may have experienced due to the limited dining facilities available at our property. We hope that this did not hinder your stay with us and that you will be sure to return in the future.

Thank you once again for your review.