See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed July 25, 2018 via mobile

I had the privilege of spending our 5 year wedding anniversary at EBandla. This was the same venue we got married 5years ago. Excellent service, menu was great and very reasonable. Rooms were in an excellent condition. They had a great breakfast menu. I would highly recommend this venue.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 20, 2018 via mobile

I was booked to stay two nights at Ebandla Hotel & Conference Centre while on business in Durban. I was disappointed with a number of things which should be considered when staying at Ebandla Hotel & Conference Centre. 1. There is no Wi-fi in rooms 2. The desk in room is used for TV, kettle and desk lamp - there is no space to actually work at desk 3. No DsTv - only one dsTv Channel - Movie channel 4. Breakfast is only served at 08:00 according to staff - so if you have a early meeting the a rusk and coffee is what you will get. 5. The last part of road is to Ebandla Hotel & Conference Centre is a dirt road with a number of nasty potholes which makes arrival after dark tricky. 6. No plug in room to charge mobile phone.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed December 4, 2016

The receptionist was awesome even arranged for a shuttle service to collect us from our function. Rooms were large , clean and neat with a coffee station. Breakast was included and we had Lindane providng outstanding service for breakfast. really a pleasure to stay at and would recommend them as a pleasant stay.

Room tip: be prepared for a litte gravel road but nothing too hectic. worth the stay.
Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2016 via mobile

I chose this hotel for our quarterly NEC meeting because of its proximity to the King Shake International airport and rhe idyllic setting away from the bustling crowds. To my utter disappointment this choice is probably one that will blot my copybook. There is no cohesive management at all and I cannot for the life of me comprehend how this hotel functions....
1. reception staff are not at their posts on check-in one of our party waited 10 minutes whilst a staff member was searching for a competent person to check in.
2. Upon check-in I was allocated a room which, once I entered, was found to be in the process of renovation.... The check-in clerk accompanying me did not know!!
2 there was no-one in the bar and once again there was a scurrying around to find anyone to man the bar.
3. The beer was so old that the sell by dates were a full year over. See pic..
4. Ice was not available... And we waited 30 min whilst ice was purchased elsewhere!!
5. A number if the rooms do not have showers and this is not mentioned anywhere in the promotion documentation.
6. The conference facility did not have the correct input cables for connecting and once again we were delayed whilst the connectors were being purchased... Despite being forewarned two weeks prior to our use
7. WiFi and TV reception is non existent anywhere on the premises despite being boldly advertised

All in all I cannot believe that this establishment holds a 4 star rating and clearly the total lack of any cohesive management is blatantly evident

Stay away is my advice!!!

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank Leslie M
Reviewed January 7, 2016

Unqualified personnel. We wasted 2 hours before that the receptionist gives us our room (booked in advance) with no apologize from the staff/manager.
Access for the Wifi only at the reception.
No Custumer service and swimming pool absolutely not clean.
We were expecting much more from this supposed 4 stars hotel.

Date of stay: December 2015