See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 13, 2016

I have never been a fan of B&B facilities. During a recent business trip which my colleague organized, hotels were booked full so reservations were made at the Kingsley House. Being less than thrilled, I kept an open mind.
Wow, I was beside myself with the welcoming feeling, the comfortable rooms, both common and private, the hospitality was fantastic, breakfast was tasty and a great start to the day, the grounds were much like a park.The friendly dogs were a nice treat as I was missing my own.
The location is close to the beach, shopping and many great restaurants.
I will be back in the future and I will consider other B&B in the the future. Thank you Kingsley House for changing my mind.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank swflfisher
Reviewed April 17, 2016 via mobile

A tranquil serene setting with beautiful views and lovely gardens.

House is beautifully designed and finished off. The rooms are spacious and very comfortable.

All in all wonderful venue for a special function or just a holiday stay, even both.

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank ShayneKlopfer242
Reviewed April 10, 2016

Our room was light and bright. Attention to detail and extremely comfortable. Décor was well chosen and flowed throughout the house.
The rest of the house was just as magnificent. Big open spaces and a flow that leads one to explore more and more of it's beauty.
A relaxed and caring atmosphere by our host, Nikki.
Highly recommended if you enjoy dogs. An added bonus. They are playful and a delight.

Room tip: Tranquil atmosphere, Well catered for our needs, Ample room to roam around and enjoy nature
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Natatia C
Reviewed March 31, 2016

We (couple) had a wonderful stay - 4 nights and enjoyed immensely.
Upmarket, clean, beautiful flowing space in the house. Garden overlooks nature's beauty, with the sea and rolling hills in extended view. Homely, down to earth and comfortable.
Breakfasts are a must for us to start the day and were 10/10 - healthy, fresh, nutritious, and enjoyed in different and luxurious areas each day (house, verandah, patio, garden).
Close to beaches, shops, hiways, so very convenient, and also nestled on a quiet and lovely hilltop, so no noise, no pollution.
This place is a beauty and the owners are friendly and genuine - highly recommend

Reviewed March 28, 2016

The house, garden and views are - without question - all the lovely things described by the owner and other reviewers. However, our stay was not as relaxing as it could have been...
The dogs are indeed friendly - but they also bark at everything that moves from early in the morning to late at night. There are cats there that are reported to sleep on the guest's beds - thankully not mine, as I am highly allergic.
The communal TV is not a great idea - you cannot watch your own choice of programme if other guests (or the family!) get there first.
While we were invited to "make ourselves at home" in the large lounge area I was ticked off like a naughty child for changing the Cd - and my choice was removed and replaced by the owner's ! I wouldn't go there again.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Nikki D, Owner at Kingsley House, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2017

Thank you so much for your review, it is always appreciated so we can improve our service level. Yes we do have dogs and I do apologise if they bothered you, however we only have one quiet cat who stays and plays in our suite and never ventures through the house. We now have TV's in the rooms which does make your stay less interrupted. I apologise if you felt 'ticked' off however that was not our intention at all. We do ask guests not to lie on the furniture with their feet up on the cushions and if the music played is not enjoyed we will willingly change it - I do not think any hotel would really appreciate guests fiddling with their systems and I know I certainly wouldn't as it is not my property. I wish you all the best with your travels and accommodation in the future and thank you for staying with us.