“Out of Camembert ”

Hemingways Restaurant & Wine Cellar
Ranked #11 of 183 Restaurants in Centurion
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Hemingway's Restaurant and Wine Cellar is located at Leriba Hotel and Spa, the award-winning 4 and 5 Star Hotel in Centurion. The restaurant is tastefully decorated with understated minimalistic elegance and the ambiance reminds of a classic French cafe with splashes of contemporary Provencal style. The indigenous gardens create a perfect backdrop for the sun-soaked terrace. The menu revolves around the seasons and is fresh, tasteful and honest. The carefully selected wine collection represents the gems of South African wines to compliment the sumptuous culinary journey with excellent pairing​ suggestions. A feast to awaken your senses.
Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

Upon putting in my order i was advised that they did not have stock of camembert for the platter i ordered. I politely declined to eat and asked for my drinks bill. The chef then came over to offer a sample of another cheese... i accepted. It was not what I wanted and thanked them. The floor manager then said she would make a plan and low and behold they managed to get their regular camembert. I liked the perseverance.

LeribaHotelGroup, Marketing Manager at Hemingways Restaurant & Wine Cellar, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Good Day Cindy,

Thank you for your response, we hope to see you again in the near future.
It's in our nature to satisfy our guests and make good friends.

Reviewed July 17, 2018 via mobile

Visited with spouse on a quiet, cold Saturday evening and was welcomed by great atmosphere, excellent food and great service! Beautiful, stylish decor compliments the overall experience. Food fresh and features exciting dishes, executed with passion and flair! Loved every moment:)

Good Day 385nadiad,

Thank you for the positive feedback, hope to see you soon in the future.

Reviewed July 10, 2018

I was surprised how empty this restaurant was for a month end weekend- either everyon was at the In-die-bos music festival, or this place is above the average Centurion diner. I didn't try a starter as there was nothing that I hadn't tried elsewhere and I rather wanted to keep space for dessert, but I will see how theirs compares to the competition. I had the duo of lamb and my partner had the ostrich fillet, and both were excellent. My chocolate fondant was to die for but my partners cheese cake was disappointing - too much gelatin I think. The wine list is top class- some inexpensive, some mid range and some for those with fat wallets. I also liked that some wines were well known and others less so- I like to choose something that I haven't tried before. The prices relative to retail prices are also very reasonable. The service was also much better than your average family restaurant. Hemingways also does food and wine evenings where a particular winery is presented and I will definitely be attending the next one. This is not a family restaurant but somewhere to go to for an occasion- well worth the extra cost.

Good Day James,

Thank you kindly for your positive feedback, we strive to satisfy our guests with service and excellence. Please attend one of our food and wine pairings in 2019, you will absolutely enjoy it.

Reviewed May 16, 2018 via mobile

This most certainly is the best restaurant in Centurion. I visited family for a week and arranged dinner at Hemingways as a thank you. We were not disappointed.

The service was superb throughout the evening and the food of a very high standard with a great wine list. We started with calamari and oysters followed by oxtail, grilled kingklip and ostrich fillet. The only comment is that the grilled kingklip was a bit dry in places but everything else was perfect.

I have dined all over the world and Hemingways compares very well with international restaurants. Well done to the chef and team!!!!

LeribaHotelGroup, Manager at Hemingways Restaurant & Wine Cellar, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Good Day WMCMatilda,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review about Hemingways and the high standard of our food dishes.
We do hope to see you soon when in Centurion.

Reviewed May 12, 2018

We went for Restaurant Week and was not disappointed. The Baked Brie for starters was a winner. My friend also raved about the soup of the day: fabulous butternut soup. Plenty of mouthwatering choices for mains. We had the Chicken Parmesan and Grilled Sole. Both flavorsome and juicy, the sole served with lovely wild mushroom risotto and the chicken with mashed potatoes and olives. The Vanilla Crème Brûlée with chocolate and hazelnut biscotti for dessert was heavenly, so was the Dark Chocolate Fondant with cabernet and blueberry ice cream. An extensive wine list, but a bit pricey. Friendly, efficient service. Charming experience.

1  Thank LvN001

Good Day LvN001,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback regarding the restaurant week at Hemingways Restaurant.
We hope to see you in the future.