All reviews single story bedroom cottage indigenous forest double storey the cottages stratford fishing hiking dam walks weekend farm fireplace scenic map waterfall lodge
Reviewed November 9, 2016

Thank you Gavin for a wonderful and relaxed weekend stay during June 2016.
Thank you for all the information that was forwarded to us before we arrived.
I haven't come across any other place that supply you with so much information on what to do and where. Not only at Stanford Lake Lodge but all the surrounding places.
We were booked into the Honeymoon Cabin. Nothing out of place. Everything clean and comfortable and Cozy. The deck overlook the Lake which is absolutely awesome.
We had a bit of colder weather over the weekend. But during this time we could make fire in the little stove inside the cabin which warmed up the whole cabin. That created a cozy and warm atmosphere which we enjoyed so much. We also had an evening with clear skies which was wonderful to being able to watch the universe with all the stars so beautiful!
We only could enjoyed some of the activities. Our stay was too short to being able to do all. Lots of activities - hiking, fishing, mountain biking, forest walks, birding etc.
We did some walking in the Indigenous Forest. That was breathtaking. We enjoyed the waterfall as well! We also visited some nearby places. The little town, Haenertsburg with the beatufiful Wolkberg, is a MUST to visit. There is cozy coffee shops, other little shops, a cozy bookshop etc. We also visited a Forest close by with the world's most Giant trees which took our breath away. Magoebaskloof also close by is absolutely beautiful. Not to be missed. And all the little pad stalls also a MUST to buy special homemade products.
Stanford Lake Lodge is not too far from Pretoria and well worth to visit. Don't miss out on a great experience of nature at its best. If you like privacy, this is also a place for you.
We definitely will be back the moment we can.

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 28, 2016 via mobile

Three months ago I made a booking at this establishment for the weekend 28-30/10.
It would appear that at the time of booking I inadvertently selected the dates for Nov.
On 28/8/16 I confirmed my booking with a deposit quoting the exact dates.
On 24/10/16 I phoned Gavin asking for a booking/confirmation number as well as to extend out stay to 31/10/16. His response was that they do not work with booking numbers and our extended stay is in order.
This morning I sent Gavin a SMS to find out what time we can check in, only to be told that he has no booking for us.
I find this totally pathetic and suggest that they check/communicate in a far more professional manner.
Their apologies for this incident will also not be accepted.
Catch a wake up you guys!!!!!

Date of stay: October 2016
Reviewed October 16, 2016 via mobile

We stayed in the honeymoon suite with a beautiful view over the lake. The cabin was immaculately clean and neat but I would however have preferred a block out kind of curtains instead of the thin curtains currently in use. The accommodation was a bit highly priced but we loved the setting

Date of stay: October 2016
Reviewed July 25, 2016

Hi Gavin, on behalf of myself, my husband and parents, we would just like to thank you once again for an amazing stay at Stanford Lake Lodge. We couldn't have chosen a better place to spend our Easter weekend. As usual the cabin was spotless, the beds super comfy and the fishing... well that's another story! I will send you some images of our awesome catches. We really had a great time. We will definitely be seeing you in the near future again. Thank you and keep it up!!

Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed July 18, 2016 via mobile

We absolutely loved our time at Stanford Lake Lodge!

Surrounded by beautiful nature, freedom and a clean, neat, comfortable and warm cabin!

We loved the fireplace and the views from each window. We enjoyed every moment.

Lucky to have spotted some small game and even a Long Crested Eagle on the farm!

Thank you for a great time, I would recommend Stanford Lake Lodge to anyone who would like to enjoy nature and some tranquillity.

Date of stay: July 2016