All reviewssingle storyindigenous forestlog cabinthe cottagesstratfordfishinghikingwalksfarmweekenddamboatsfireplacemapgemscenictrouble
Reviewed May 17, 2017

Once again we thoroughly enjoyed our stay in the four bedroom cottage. The cottages are well equipped and had everything we needed. The bass fishing was outstanding. I will return to Stanford Lake Lodge again and again.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed March 21, 2017

We found this gem 2 years ago. 2 years later we revisited this weekend, and nothing has changed. Still a peaceful gem in the forest.
There are amazing walks through the forest, cycle tracks and boats on the water. The views are beautiful, and is a short distance from Magoebaskloof and nearby to Haenertsburg.
The single story cabin is clean and well looked after.
The staff are pleasant and very honourable.
I will continue to visit this establishment as often as is needed to rest and relax.

Room Tip: We always book the single storey cabin for the views, but all the accommodation here is pleasant with views of their own.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed November 9, 2016

Thank you Gavin for a wonderful and relaxed weekend stay during June 2016.
Thank you for all the information that was forwarded to us before we arrived.
I haven't come across any other place that supply you with so much information on what to do and where. Not only at Stanford Lake Lodge but all the surrounding places.
We were booked into the Honeymoon Cabin. Nothing out of place. Everything clean and comfortable and Cozy. The deck overlook the Lake which is absolutely awesome.
We had a bit of colder weather over the weekend. But during this time we could make fire in the little stove inside the cabin which warmed up the whole cabin. That created a cozy and warm atmosphere which we enjoyed so much. We also had an evening with clear skies which was wonderful to being able to watch the universe with all the stars so beautiful!
We only could enjoyed some of the activities. Our stay was too short to being able to do all. Lots of activities - hiking, fishing, mountain biking, forest walks, birding etc.
We did some walking in the Indigenous Forest. That was breathtaking. We enjoyed the waterfall as well! We also visited some nearby places. The little town, Haenertsburg with the beatufiful Wolkberg, is a MUST to visit. There is cozy coffee shops, other little shops, a cozy bookshop etc. We also visited a Forest close by with the world's most Giant trees which took our breath away. Magoebaskloof also close by is absolutely beautiful. Not to be missed. And all the little pad stalls also a MUST to buy special homemade products.
Stanford Lake Lodge is not too far from Pretoria and well worth to visit. Don't miss out on a great experience of nature at its best. If you like privacy, this is also a place for you.
We definitely will be back the moment we can.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 28, 2016 via mobile

Three months ago I made a booking at this establishment for the weekend 28-30/10.
It would appear that at the time of booking I inadvertently selected the dates for Nov.
On 28/8/16 I confirmed my booking with a deposit quoting the exact dates.
On 24/10/16 I phoned Gavin asking for a booking/confirmation number as well as to extend out stay to 31/10/16. His response was that they do not work with booking numbers and our extended stay is in order.
This morning I sent Gavin a SMS to find out what time we can check in, only to be told that he has no booking for us.
I find this totally pathetic and suggest that they check/communicate in a far more professional manner.
Their apologies for this incident will also not be accepted.
Catch a wake up you guys!!!!!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 16, 2016 via mobile

We stayed in the honeymoon suite with a beautiful view over the lake. The cabin was immaculately clean and neat but I would however have preferred a block out kind of curtains instead of the thin curtains currently in use. The accommodation was a bit highly priced but we loved the setting

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple